PDA

View Full Version : Remember That Guy In Iraq Who Lied Alot?

nhp
10-18-2004, 08:10 AM
I read an article on the front page of the LA times recently, and it was about an interrogation of Saddam Hussein. In the article it talked about how Saddam was "shocked" that we actually went thru with the threat to invade Iraq and overthrow him. Saddam mentioned how he thought our intelligence was so perfect that we knew exactly what was going on inside Baghdad, that we knew that he had already gotten rid of his WMD's, and that we knew that he was 'pretending' like he had WMD's because he wanted to impose a threat to Iran, his mortal enemy. He actually thought that he could have sought to become a US ally, because he figured that we would recruit him to help us dispose of the Iran WMD threat. Apparently, Saddam really had no idea what was going on in the outside world. That man (I forgot his name, but he was one of Saddam's top aides) who was lying on television to everyone when the war first started, apparently he told Saddam that everything going on outside of Iraq was just fine and dandy, and that the US would never invade because they wanted to go after Iran instead. So apparently, if what Saddam is saying is true, that man who was full of lies, saying that we were losing the war when we invaded, he was lying to Saddam also. It also said in the article that anyone who told Saddam bad news, or anything he didn't want to hear, was beheaded.. LOL....so I guess Saddam being 'shocked' was what we meant by 'shock and awe' /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Interesting article.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-18-2004, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr>
...That man (I forgot his name,...

<font color="blue">Baghdad Bob </font color>

...that man who was full of lies, saying that we were losing the war when we invaded, he was lying to Saddam also....

<hr /></blockquote>

I always wondered if Saddam actually thought he did have WMD because his minions were afraid to tell him he didn't.

who knows.

highsea
10-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Don't forget about good old Tariq Aziz either...I posted a link to the Duelfer report earlier, it goes into a lot of detail about what nhp was talking about.

Even Saddam's general's thought they had WMD's. Just before the US got to Baghdad he told them. That's why they scattered. They actually thought they were going to hit us with Chem's and wipe us out. Saddam was afraid of a coup, so he kept his Generals in the dark.