PDA

View Full Version : Red Dot (6) Cue Ball Review

Paul_Mon
10-18-2004, 10:44 AM
So I played 3 hours with a 6 dot Cue Ball yesterday, thanks Tommy T. Here's my 2 cents worth.

1. My very first impression was that it reminded me of the white ball that you start play with in bumper pool. No other ball has such a large dot.

2. I was never distracted by the dots, must be that looking at the OB last prevents distraction.

3. I must not pay attention to the cue ball at all because I didn't get any feedback from this ball.

4. I can take it or leave it.

5. Considering the cost I would never buy one individually. If it was a "no extra cost" option in a set of balls I still wouldn't want one.

Paul Mon

P.S. Tillman spanked me like a redheaded step-sister

Harold Acosta
10-19-2004, 12:46 PM
The dotted cue ball is currently being used at many World Pool-Billiard Association events and in others around the world. It was recently used at the US Open, the World Championships at Taipei, and in many countries where Saluc/Aramith is a major sponsor. Most of the International Players have gotten accustomed to its use.

I guess that cue-ball should not be discarded just yet.

Just my 2 centavos on this matter..

SpiderMan
10-19-2004, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> The dotted cue ball is currently being used at many World Pool-Billiard Association events and in others around the world. It was recently used at the US Open, the World Championships at Taipei, and in many countries where Saluc/Aramith is a major sponsor. Most of the International Players have gotten accustomed to its use.

I guess that cue-ball should not be discarded just yet.

Just my 2 centavos on this matter.. <hr /></blockquote>

I'd guess it is more appropriate in such events than as any kind of training aid. The spectators would be able to better see the cueball action.

SpiderMan

SPetty
10-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the review, Paul_Mon, but I still want one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimS
10-19-2004, 07:01 PM
I think it would be a good, albeit expensive, practice cue ball in that it would help to identify unwanted spin when doing straight in table length stroke drills. We all know that the trick is to be able to hit center ball without deviance. And...although it costs more than the Rempe practice ball etc it is pretty cool..imo.

(can you tell that the googan in me has succommed to the ebay hook and now i'm scrambling like crazy to rationalize my stupididitty? rationalize: provide a socially acceptable reason for socially unacceptable behavior. I'm workin at it!! Gimme a few more days and I'll be almost ready to tell my wife what I did and I'll have the story down so good she'll be GLAD I did it!!!)