PDA

View Full Version : William Rickard 'Toeboy'

TxRayburn
10-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Know anything about these cues?? We're interested!! We recently acquired one, and after researching it's value, it seems to be worth a bit of money. Not familiar with this cuemaker and are interested in finding out more. FMI, please reply!

SPetty
10-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Howdy TxRayburn,

I don't believe I've ever heard of these cues. Is "Toeboy" the name of the cue model, or the name of the cue maker?

SpiderMan
10-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Never knew the name of the maker, but the cues were called "Toeboy". I was beginning to see a few of them about 7 or so years ago, but then nothing. I think Mike Embry had one. It was fairly plain, other than an interesting set of inverted points. I don't remember anything special about them. Probably if they are valuable it is because very few were made, sort of like Libra (another local brand).

SpiderMan

TxRayburn
10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
'Toeboy' is William Rickard's nickname, and so he signed a few of his cues that way. This cue is valuable, but only because it's one of a kind. The maker is well known among many of the players we know, and dealers and collectors both have told us to hold on to it unless we just REALLY wanted to get rid of it. We'd get a nice price, but the cue is irreplacable. I love it, have been playing with it, and am SERIOUSLY thinking about retiring my Pechauer for it!!

Jen