PDA

View Full Version : Dem playbook on fraud

highsea
10-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Democratic Playbook on Voter Fraud

It seems the Democrats have pulled out all the stops in the sleaze department. Allegations of voter fraud are an integral part of the Democratic strategy, even if there is no reason to think such fraud exists. The Colorado Democrat Voter Guide is a must read.

This is directly from the book: [ QUOTE ]
If there are any signs present or expected intimidation activity, in advance of election day, launch a press program that might include the following elements:

1. Prepare and distribute to the press materials giving the background and history of GOP minority intimidation, with emphasis on past activity in your state or district.

2. Devise separate press strategies for mainstream and specialty press.

Mainstream Press:

a.Consider a press conference. Feature a prominent mainstream spokesperson (priest, civic leader, business leader). Include a group of established community leaders behind that person, but with only one person giving a statement.

b. Emphasizing a message of outrage, but designed to appeal to the broader community. "We thought this community was better than that", "We thought those days were behind us", "Nothing is more despicable than trying to deprive any American of the precious right to vote, the foundation of our democracy for which so many have sacrificed"

c. Impugning the source of the divisiveness-the GOP, the opposing candidate, whoever can be said to be credibly behind it.

d. Include call to action.

Specialty Press

a. Use minority intimidation as an organizing tool; in a press conference and/or press materials, community leadership should call on the community to rise up against the efforts to disenfranchise them by turning out in record numbers and challenging any effort at intimidation.

b. Link this fight to the historical fights to enfranchise minorities, going back to the civil rights struggle. <hr /></blockquote> It gets even better.
[ QUOTE ]
If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a "pre-emptive strike" (particularly well-suited to states in which there techniques have been tried in the past)

a. Issue a press release. Reviewing Republican tactic used in the past in your area or state. Quoting party/minority/civil rights leadership as denouncing tactics that discourage people from voting.

b. Prime minority leadership to discuss the issue in the media; provide talking points.

c. Place stories in which which minority leadership expresses concern about the threat of intimidation tactics.

d. Warn local newspapers not to accept advertising that is not properly disclaimed or that contain false warnings about voting requirements about what will happen at the polls.

e. Plan and prepare for legal action well in advance of election day. <hr /></blockquote>
http://www.gop.com/media/DNCGuide3.pdf

It goes on about how to conduct the legal challenges regardless whether the RNC is involved, filing civil lawsuits against the local Republican Party or Candidate, etc.

The liberal group ACT has jumped right in, on Friday, ACT sent minority voters in Missouri a reprehensible color flier depicting an African American man being hosed down by a firefighter and associated the act with Republicans. Using a 40-year-old photo and associating it with the Republican Party to suggest intimidation is unethical and despicable. Johnny Cochran would be proud.

Truly amazing. And Kerry keeps on with his draft scares in every speech.

What was it that FDR said? "We have nothing to fear but fear itself".

nhp
10-20-2004, 04:11 AM
Uh, the Republicans are just as despicable....

Republicans warn of 'Bible ban' if Kerry wins in November
Washington News
- WASHINGTON (AFP) Thursday September 30, 2004

AFP/FileRepublicans are using scare tactics to garner votes in two key battleground states, Democrats charged, alleging that GOP campaign literature warns of a "ban on the Bible" if John Kerry is elected president.

"If ever there were one book that should never be used for political gain, if ever there were one book that should never be the subject of lies and deception, it is the Bible," West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd said on the floor of Senate.

"Yet that is exactly what is happening today," Byrd said, holding up an example of the campaign flyer that he said has been mailed en masse to citizens in his state.

"Two weeks ago, the Republican National Committee sent a mass mailing to West Virginians suggesting that liberals -- in other words, everyone but Republicans -- are out to ban the Bible," he said.

"Can you imagine? Ban the Bible? It is a flat-out, no-doubt-about-it, silly, sophomoric charge," Byrd continued, calling on US President George W. Bush to denounce the pamphlet.

"The Republican National Committee is spreading this tripe to smear Democrats, and the president ought to demand that the Republican National Committee apologize to the people of West Virginia," Byrd said.

Blanche Lincoln, a Democratic senator from Arkansas, said on the floor of the chamber that the mass mailing of a similar pamphlet to residents of her Bible Belt state proved that Republicans had reached the "absolute bottom" in their efforts to win votes.

http://washington.news.designerz.com/republicans-warn-of-bible-ban-if-kerry-wins-in-november.html

eg8r
10-20-2004, 05:55 AM
nhp,

You are correct, the Bible ban crap was wrong, but I think you missed the whole post and caught the bottom end. Sure chalk the Bible ban crap up as even with the Dems lying about the draft.

It might be easier if you take the politics out of it and just look at what was posted, never mind whether it was a Dem or a Con. The post states that Group A is telling its people to attack Group B in the media prior to the election for minority intimidation, EVEN IF IT IS NOT HAPPENING! The actual wording was "expected". Well, I don't think you will argue that Group A has already EXPECTED this will happen otherwise they would not have added it to their book. So, in a sense they are giving the OK to begin doing this.

Group A also says, if no signs of intimidation have emerged, then launch a "pre-emptive" strike. WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU!!! In very easy to understand words, Group A is telling its people that if none of this stuff is happening, then lauch a media strike based on LIES.

This is what Group A has come to, desperation. They go on to say, if there is no intimidation, go and launch a strike based on lies and do it in states where this has been tried before. So not only are they wanting their people to publicly lie, they want to agitate old wounds. Sounds like real good people, huh.

Instead of making a post in reply that only states, yeah, well your guy did this, why not read what was posted and comment on that subject. The Bible crap is nothing new to this board and I believe we were in collective agreement that it was the wrong thing to do. I wonder if we will have an equal agreement on the current tactics posted in this thread .

eg8r &lt;~~~Waiting for Q to come up with some post about elections in Afghanistan or some other off topic subject. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-20-2004, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Group A is telling its people that if none of this stuff is happening, then lauch a media strike based on LIES.
<hr /></blockquote>

and sadly the sycophantic media are willing dupes for the race-baiters.

Fair_Play
10-20-2004, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"If you tell a lie, tell a big one." Joseph Goebbels<hr /></blockquote> It becomes obvious tnat the democratic machine is a big fan of historical propaganda techniques.

Fair Play

crawdaddio
10-20-2004, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
Group A also says, if no signs of intimidation have emerged, then launch a "pre-emptive" strike. WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU!!! In very easy to understand words, Group A is telling its people that if none of this stuff is happening, then lauch a media strike based on LIES.

This is what Group A has come to, desperation. They go on to say, if there is no intimidation, go and launch a strike based on lies........... <hr /></blockquote>

By your tone, this tells me that you disagree with the invasion of Iraq put forth by the Bush administration.

As to the OP-it's dirty politricks, and both Dems and Reps are guilty of it.

~DC

Ross
10-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Highsea, I read this differently than you (big suprise, huh?).

First, you have to realize that the GOP has a long history of using minority voter intimidation to try to win elections in many areas of the country. I know that in my own town of Durham, in 1990 Helm's groups sent mailings to minorities with misleading info about residency requirements and warning that misstatements to voting officials could mean five years in prison. More recently, Republican poll watchers in the 2002 Arkansas Senate election took photos of blacks as they voted, an intimidation tactic that has been used in other parts of the country. In last fall's Kentucky governor's race, Republicans announced plans to challenge voters in 59 predominantly black precincts. After the N.A.A.C.P. objected, the program was scaled back. And this year, a local Texas prosecutor threatened to arrest students at historically black Prairie View A&amp;M if they tried to vote from their campus addresses, which the law allows them to do. He backed down when he was sued. I could find you dozens of other examples.

The problem the Dems face is that the mailings, etc. occur just a couple of days before the vote or tactics like the ones in the Arkansas Senate election take place on election day. So the horse is out of the barn by the time the Dems catch these dirty tricks if they wait for them to occur. Therefore the best way to combat this is often to do a pre-emptive strike, where you get the press warning ahead of time about the tactics before they occur. This makes the GOP less likely to pull out these tricks and it also educates minority commmunities to not fall for such tricks.

And if the GOP didn't have a history of trying to suppress the minority vote, it would not be an issue.

pooltchr
10-20-2004, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>
And if the GOP didn't have a history of trying to suppress the minority vote, it would not be an issue.
<hr /></blockquote>

Of course, the Dems history is just to try to BUY the minority vote with promises of more giveaways...but that isn't what we are talking about here.

Ross...When the lawyers are already lining up ready to take the election results to the courts...and when the judges are all ready to rule on the election even before election day, you have to admit, something is seriously wrong.

The system is too open to corruption. In my county, you don't even have to show identification to vote. You just write your name and address on a piece of paper, they check you off the list and you vote. I have no doubt that if I wanted to, I could probably vote several times.

It sure would be nice if we could just vote, let them count them, and announce the winner....but I'm betting it doesn't happen again this year.

Steve

Ross
10-20-2004, 02:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>
I have no doubt that if I wanted to, I could probably vote several times.

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

How would you do that?

pooltchr
10-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Ross,
I could go down to the board of elections office for early voting and tell them I am my neighbor, give his name and address and vote. Then go to the local library and do the same thing with my other neighbor's name and address. We have about 7 or 8 different places to participate in early voting. NONE OF THEM ASK FOR ANY IDNTIFICATION!!!
Then on election dayyou and I can agree to stay home since our votes are going to cancel each other out anyway. How about we go play pool instead! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am by no means encouraging this practice, and have no intention of doing anything of the sort....but I certainly see how easy it would be for someone who wanted to commit fraud to do it. And I'm just an ignorant civilian. Imagine what the professional crooks at the DNC and RNC could come up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eg8r
10-20-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By your tone, this tells me that you disagree with the invasion of Iraq put forth by the Bush administration. <font color="red"> Ha, if the dems could only stretch the truth far enough. </font color>

As to the OP-it's dirty politricks, and both Dems and Reps are guilty of it.
<hr /></blockquote> This is not about "dirty politricks" they are not trying to "trick" anyone. They are advising their people to lie on purpose.

eg8r

eg8r
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> You are absolutely missing the point. The point is not about history, it is about something "that never happens". This is not tough to figure out. The book is very clear... [ QUOTE ]
...expected intimidation activity <hr /></blockquote> That one is not tough, they are telling their people that even if it is not there, just expect it is and act accordingly.
[ QUOTE ]
If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a "pre-emptive strike"... <hr /></blockquote> Hello, this is very explicit in stating that if nothing has happened, then attack anyways. Great group of people.

This might be similar to someone taking you to court for murder, strictly on the grounds that people have done it in the past.

eg8r

Ross
10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Steve that's true, but there would be a pretty big stink and probably an investigation of voter fraud when your neighbors showed up to vote later (or earlier). And since over 50% of registered voters actually do vote, that is likely to happen unless you somehow knew which neighbors weren't going to vote. Also you would have to sign their names so you would be risking a criminal prosecution for forgery among other things. It would be a pretty risky venture, I think, and would require a significant amount of research ahead of time.