PDA

View Full Version : Walkie Talkie Cell phones. I HAVE HAD IT!

Chopstick
10-21-2004, 10:35 AM
I just had one blaring in my face while I was eating lunch. They were cops but this wasn't police business. I don't mind cell phones I carry one myself as part of my job. These walkie talkie phones are just plain rude! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Spidey, I would like a professional opinion on cell phone jammers. I don't want to pay $60 for something that will just put static on the call. I want to pay $600 for something that will melt their battery and be declared illegal by the FCC.

landshark77
10-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Can you hear me now? LOL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpiderMan
10-21-2004, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I just had one blaring in my face while I was eating lunch. They were cops but this wasn't police business. I don't mind cell phones I carry one myself as part of my job. These walkie talkie phones are just plain rude! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Spidey, I would like a professional opinion on cell phone jammers. I don't want to pay $60 for something that will just put static on the call. I want to pay $600 for something that will melt their battery and be declared illegal by the FCC. <hr /></blockquote>

Don't know about $600, but there was an article on Yahoo this week about churches that are using them to prevent interruptions of sermons and services. They mentioned an Israeli company that sells them for $2K, but I'm sure there are other sources.

SpiderMan

pooltchr
10-22-2004, 05:15 AM
I would pay extra to be able to melt the idiots who think they have to leave the volume on maximum!!!!!!

Chopstick
10-22-2004, 06:23 AM
I saw that. I did some additional research. These things have been in use by the government for a few years. They were originally invented to prevent terrorists from detonating bombs by cell phone calls at big gatherings. I saw a brief case sized one that had a range of 1000 meters.

Private use is illegal. The carriers are citing an old FCC regulation from back in the twenties about interfering with public communications. They don't want anyone messing with their minutes. They can be obtained from international sources. I have located what I believe to be an appropriate off switch. I am going to get one of those bags like you have to carry it. It looks like one of those candy bar cell phones and has an effective range of 15 meters. The target device will simply say signal lost. No indication that they have just been nailed by their unfriendly neighborhood ChopStick.