PDA

View Full Version : Centennial Cloth?

TERP
10-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Anyone tried it? I checked it out at a local dealer, but not sure how it holds up over time...won't be running the risk of spilling anything on the cloth, but the wool is supposed to outlast Simonis by a number of years, so they claim...anyone have a table lined with this bad mamma jamma?
Centennial© Cloth is woven with worsted wool embedded with Stain-Resistant Dupont™ Teflon© Fabric Protector that safeguards the cloth and table from occasional spills. It helps minimize cue ball friction burns (the white spots), keeping the table looking brand new for years to come. Centennial Cloth does not pill or shed, maintaining a clean, sleek, playing surface.

Expert players can be assured optimal speed is achieved in the production of Centennial Cloth through a pressurized vacuum decating process. The process allows the cloth to be thicker, 25 ounces of fabric per square yard versus the standard 19 ounces, while still providing both durability and speed. Centennial Cloth lasts up to 60 percent longer than competitive cloth, allowing consumers and pool rooms to change their cloth less frequently, saving them time and money.

drawshot
10-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Who makes this cloth? And if it is the cloth I am thinking about, it's like ice fast...!

TERP
10-22-2004, 04:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote drawshot:</font><hr> Who makes this cloth? And if it is the cloth I am thinking about, it's like ice fast...! <hr /></blockquote>

Bunswick makes it..worsted wool w/ Teflon sounds like it might be slick /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dishawcues
10-22-2004, 05:14 AM
The cloth is made by Championship and sold excusively to Brunswick.

TERP
10-22-2004, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dishawcues:</font><hr> The cloth is made by Championship and sold excusively to Brunswick. <hr /></blockquote>

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. You think this is a nice alternative to Simonis? From what I have read, it is suppsed to hold up much better over the long haul and not show wear for years to come...but I know of no one who has a table covered with it.