PDA

View Full Version : I need your suggestions please.

Bob
10-21-2004, 06:53 PM
I am presently working on The Disney program in August. This event will not only include a tournament for both parents and Juniors, but it will also include classes/seminars to attend.

I need help from you all on what might be of interest to not only the kids but adults too.

Thanks!

Eydie

Bassn7
10-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Have a "sharking" tournament. You get to do what ever you want as long as you don't touch them, the table, or block their view. Way too fun. I hear they do this at the South Padre Island tournament each year also.

woody_968
10-22-2004, 05:21 PM
A trick shot show would probably be popular with both groups. I am not a big fan of them but they have really grown in popularity.

cueball1950
10-22-2004, 08:46 PM
I agree with the guy on the trickshots. Yes they have become very popular. i would approach tommy kennedy to put on his juggling act with all 15 balls. if you have never sen it it is a sight to behold...........mike

PQQLK9
10-23-2004, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> i would approach tommy kennedy to put on his juggling act with all 15 balls. if you have never sen it it is a sight to behold...........mike <hr /></blockquote>
I saw Tommy do that juggling act when he dropped by the Breakroom in Charlotte just before the Open. Everyone came to a standstill and was in awe.

dg-in-centralpa
10-23-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm amazed at someone who can juggle three balls let alone 15.

DG - can't juggle three friggin' balls

Barbara
10-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Eydie!

How about a Pro-Am event with the Pros and the Juniors!! Fun Format!! Noisemakers welcome!! Sharking allowed!! (but "fun-sharking" only - no mean talking). If you lighten up the atmosphere with the kids, they won't feel pressure to be playing with the pros and regardless of the outcome, there will be no losers. Get the parents involved with the fun!

Barbara

woody_968
10-23-2004, 05:45 PM
What a great idea, if the pros would get involved could you imagine the memmories that the kids would have comming away from an event like that?

rogerb
10-23-2004, 06:33 PM
You should incorporate the aramith disney billiards balls for the youth games, they would make cool prizes as well. Also if you broke a few sets up and had Mickey, Goofy, etc. drop by you could sell the single balls and have an autograph session. My kids would love a signed disney pool ball and you will sell out of them box after box. Also pins are big at WDW , you should talk to them about doing one for this . I hope i can make this , we have been there about a dozen times and on several of the cruises.

Bob
10-24-2004, 02:25 PM
All of oyur suggestions have been great and I thank you very much. I called Tommy Kennedy last week and hope to bring him on board for this event.

Barbara ~ the pro idea is excellent, although I do not know how many pros we will be able to bring in. All depends on the $$$

I had a suggestion that was e-mailed to me last week. It said that they thought a demonstration on how to make a cue would be interesting. What do you all think? Is that something that most people would be interested in seeing?

Thanks,

Eydie

Barbara
10-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Eydie,

You're running the show, YOU bring in the Pros!!! You can make it happen!! The VF Expo used to do this and it was a blast!! The top 8 or so of the WPBA was required to play in it and the "teams" that were formed had to cough up $100 per member and it went to a local charity, like the Children's Hospital of Philly. The teams comprised of 3 amateurs and one Pro. Afterwards, the Pros would offer to shoot against anyone for $10 a rack. It used to raise about $3-5000. Not bad. But you have to "alert the media" and get cameras and news persons there, too. The Pros need the limelight and the coverage. It's very important.

Or maybe you could have for the Juniors a $100 "make the 9 on the snap in a hill-hill game" fund. And it's the one and first-time only fund. Yeah, the person clawing their way back to the hill gets the chance, but hey, they deserve it!!

I'm sure you could get some Pros to commit to the Pro-Am event. TK's always up for that.

Good luck!!

Barbara

woody_968
10-24-2004, 02:49 PM
The demonstration of making a cue would be something that would be great to see. But there are so many different steps and the wood is turned so many different times I dont know how much could be shown in one presentation. Maybe someone that builds cues could give some input on this.

rogerb
10-24-2004, 02:54 PM
And dosen't Dale Perry live in Fla ? at least thats where i have to send him all my money /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JimS
10-24-2004, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> All of oyur suggestions have been great and I thank you very much. I called Tommy Kennedy last week and hope to bring him on board for this event.

Barbara ~ the pro idea is excellent, although I do not know how many pros we will be able to bring in. All depends on the $$$

I had a suggestion that was e-mailed to me last week. It said that they thought a demonstration on how to make a cue would be interesting. What do you all think? Is that something that most people would be interested in seeing?

Thanks,

Eydie <hr /></blockquote>

I"d get there early and stand in line to see a good step by step demonstration, like a TV cooking show, regarding how to make a cue! Outstanding idea....imo.