PDA

View Full Version : North American Tour

1on1pooltourneys
10-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Have you all heard about the North American Tour which is starting at the end of November? They are making 6 stops in the U.S. at Hilton Hotel locations. They are adding over 200,000 dollars to these tournaments with one of the events having a 9-ball tournament, one pocket, and 10 ball as well.
The last two events will have 50,000 added in one and 75,000 added in the other. It also sounds like these tournaments are open to anyone to play. Sounds like the pros will finally have the tour they've been looking for. The season finale will also have bonus money to be given.

Do you think this could be a beginning of a great future for pool? Or, is it just going to prove to us all once again that professional pocket billiards just doesn't have what it takes to ever succeed?

To find out more about the tour go to azbilliards.com

woody_968
10-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Sounds great! Do they have a schedule up on AZ? Are there any events fairly close to us?

For those of you that want to read up on it I just looked it up, HERE (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000tourmain.cfm?tournum=45) is a link.

1on1pooltourneys
10-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Most of the events are in Florida, New Jersey, one in arizona and one in Pittsburgh.
They have a schedule up at AZ.a

cueball1950
10-21-2004, 10:18 PM
from what i read it is going to be upa sanctioned? i wonder if you have to be a upa member to play? i read the interview that az did with the promoter.............mike

RailbirdJAM
10-22-2004, 04:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> from what i read it is going to be upa sanctioned? i wonder if you have to be a upa member to play? i read the interview that az did with the promoter.............mike <hr /></blockquote>

Mike, the first two stops on the NAOT will be UPA-sanctioned. However, the promoter has reserved the right to have "wild cards," and he personally told me that Keith McCready (not a UPA member) was welcome to any of his events. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only "requirement," as far as I know, is: "All players must be a registered guest at the host hotel while competing."

On the flier I received at the U.S. Open, it states:

"Event #1...$20,000 added...Mandatory players meeting at 9:00 a.m., November 28;

"Event #2...$10,000 added...on December 3. Players meeting at 8:00 p.m. on December 2."

BTW, player registration deadline is November 5. Late fee is $75. Entry fees are $250 for first event and $125 for second event.

Hotel reservations call 1-800-367-1271 or e-mail www.sandestinbeachhilton.com (http://www.sandestinbeachhilton.com) and enter "CUE" for the reservation code or tab.

Player event registration, call (609) 213-1516. Comfortable chair seating on risers, $10 admission, day or night. VIP, $20. The tables being used will be 9-foot Diamond Pros.

The sponsor and host, the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa in Destin, Florida, sounds dreamy. Lots of great pool happenings in Florida, the Seminoles Pro Tour, the Romanos' Disney extravaganza, and now the Hilton Tour! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RailbirdJAM