PDA

View Full Version : PETTY POINT POOL HALL EVENT???

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 06:42 AM
Maybe we should have a Petty Point Tournmament to counterbalance the East Coast CCB tournament. I know there are several players within horseriding distance. If SPETTY is game, we got game. Sid, Spiderman, CB, Nineball33, how many others?

I would simply be happy to be there with everyone again. But hey, we could do this. As long as we bring enough food for Spiderman and not let him play on the coin op, it could work. Sid would represent the Kerry group and me the "slightly right of Stalin boys".

We could donate a few prizes and have a small entry fee. Nine ball girl could hand out prizes via phone and, who knows, it could be fun (it always is at Petty Point!)

Is there interest? Will players give up the bright lights of Dallas to come prove their boyhood/womanhood in the far reaches of East Central Texas. Can Nineball33 be drawn away from his regular income hustling girly men in Jacksonville? Will Ericka Cane marry Keith McCready? Tune in as we get feedback.....

Deeman
lost in wonder at the possibilities and political ramifications.....

Chopstick
10-22-2004, 07:12 AM
If I can book air fare far enough in advance to keep it reasonable, I'm up for a weekend Spider hunt.

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Chopstick,

That would be great. Hell, you could even make enough off betting against me in one pocket to pay the airfare.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It would be great to see who would come the greatest distance as well.

O.K. who else is in, assuming SPETTY is in!

Deeman
wanting someone to do stem cell research on me....

Rich R.
10-22-2004, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> O.K. who else is in, assuming SPETTY is in!
<hr /></blockquote>
Just a thought, but, maybe you should have asked SPetty, before , starting this thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> O.K. who else is in, assuming SPETTY is in!
<hr /></blockquote>
Just a thought, but, maybe you should have asked SPetty, before , starting this thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.

In another thread, SPETTY said to make some plans. Of course, she always has the power to veto anything we come up with. If she is not interested, we, of course, don't do it. If you think I have offended SPETTY that was clearly not my intent. I'll back off and let someone else do this.

Sorry to cause you concern.

Deeman

Sid_Vicious
10-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Something tells me SPetty'll have an interest. What game would we compete in Dee???sid

SPetty
10-22-2004, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> In another thread, SPetty said to make some plans.

I'll back off and let someone else do this.<hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote I'm pretty sure she said exactly this:</font><hr>Hey, maybe we should get some people together and play some pool sometime, eh? All you guys gotta do is say "when"...<hr /></blockquote>which means that Deeman is doing exactly what I asked of him, and I appreciate it. Thanksgiving weekend would probably not be a good weekend for me, well, christmas weekend probably doesn't work either, and tomorrow doesn't work, but any other Saturday would be great, just give me a little notice, and I'd really like to see y'all out here again.

I've got three queen beds, a double and a single, plus additional floor space if anyone wants to plan to spend the night.

And don't back off Deeman, or it ain't happening! I appreciate the effort you're taking. As you may learn, it's not as easy as I make it look sometimes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I appreciate the effort. See you soon at PettyPoint Pool Hall, The Best Little Pool House In Texas! (I've really got to get that graphic worked up...)

SpiderMan
10-22-2004, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> If I can book air fare far enough in advance to keep it reasonable, I'm up for a weekend Spider hunt. <hr /></blockquote>

Geez - give a man a 9' Diamond in his condo, a Franklin Southwest, some tournament wins, coaching by Grady Mathews and Buddy Hall, plus a fur coat, and he starts thinking he's King Kong /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Just remember, I still have the "secret weapon". &lt;link&gt;

SpiderMan

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> In another thread, SPetty said to make some plans.

I'll back off and let someone else do this.<hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote I'm pretty sure she said exactly this:</font><hr>Hey, maybe we should get some people together and play some pool sometime, eh? All you guys gotta do is say "when"...<hr /></blockquote>which means that Deeman is doing exactly what I asked of him, and I appreciate it. Thanksgiving weekend would probably not be a good weekend for me, well, christmas weekend probably doesn't work either, and tomorrow doesn't work, but any other Saturday would be great, just give me a little notice, and I'd really like to see y'all out here again.

I've got three queen beds, a double and a single, plus additional floor space if anyone wants to plan to spend the night.

And don't back off Deeman, or it ain't happening! I appreciate the effort you're taking. As you may learn, it's not as easy as I make it look sometimes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I appreciate the effort. See you soon at PettyPoint Pool Hall, The Best Little Pool House In Texas! (I've really got to get that graphic worked up...)
<hr /></blockquote>

Now everybody knows why LeRoy better never let this woman go, we'll all be after her. I think Thankgiving will find me back in Alabama and Christmas is planned in Detroit so let's start looking at good dates. Sid, maybe we should play nine ball as most don't play one pocket or 14.1. We can decide as we go along here.

I'll wait until more regulars chime in to let us know who's coming before picking a date with SPETTY.

Maybe another thing we can do is have a contest to develop a "Petty Point, Best Little Pool Hall in Texas" logo/graphic. If we do, I'll make up a couple of special T-shirts for additional prizes.

O.K. more ideas and dates folks....
GO CARDINALS!!!

Deeman
knew SPETTY was in tune with us....

Popcorn
10-22-2004, 11:32 AM
You seriously don't mind posting on a forum like this inviting any wacko in the area to just show up at your house? I could see doing it through email or on the phone but a public invite? You are braver then me. I have no trespassing sign everywhere around my house.

cycopath
10-22-2004, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>I think Thankgiving will find me back in Alabama... <hr /></blockquote>

What part?

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> You seriously don't mind posting on a forum like this inviting any wacko in the area to just show up at your house? I could see doing it through email or on the phone but a public invite? You are braver then me. I have no trespassing sign everywhere around my house. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn,

In most cases all of us "Wackos" have already been to Petty Point and as heavily armed (with large cues)as most of us wackos are, SPETTY will never have any trouble with anyone during an event. Of course, we live in a place that may be a little safer than where you are. Burly &amp; Bad CEEBEE is in charge of security and nineball33 will deter any known terrorists that happen to have targeted Central Texas lately. Popcorn, get a grip...Did the Kerry campaign call everyone and say, "Give Deeman a little grief on this possible event!" ???? We are not arranging an on-line dating service, or moving top secret documents out of an archive, just a few friends to play a little pool.

As much as I hate Osama Bin Laden and the other freaks out there, they surely must have something better to do than disturb a bunch of anal retentive pool players on any given weekend.

If you had been to Petty Point you would know that SPETTY has two (2) 50 caliber (pre-ban) fully automatic turret mounted guns on her top floor and the adjacent area is fully mined with Clamores every 10 paces for just such an occasion.

You don't get out much do you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>I think Thankgiving will find me back in Alabama... <hr /></blockquote>

What part? <hr /></blockquote>

Auburn, where the football team is teasing us all with greatness!

Deeman

Popcorn
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
People often mistake someone's politeness for stupidity. I actually sold a boat I had because every weekend people would just show up at the dock expecting to go out. How do you tell someone they are not invited? They never seem to get the hint or don't want to. You gave what could be understood as an invite to anyone who reads this board to someone's house. Now instead of recognizing what you did may have been a little out of line, you respond sarcastically. Please read the first line of my post again.

SPetty
10-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi Popcorn,

I've made some good friends that I never would have met if it weren't for this board. I guess the secret is, if there is one - is that you don't get directions to my place from anyone except from me. You can't just show up if you don't know where to go. So I do know who's coming and who's not. And everyone has been real good to ask before bringing guests that I don't know.

So which CCBer(s) would you be scared to have at your house?

Wally_in_Cincy
10-22-2004, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> So which CCBer(s) would you be scared to have at your house?
<hr /></blockquote>

http://www.fastlarrypool.com/images/frontpagepiclarry.gif

ryushen21
10-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, i may be noob out at Petty Point, but i would definitely be in for this. I'll probably get whooped but that really isn't the point.

Of course, those of you who remember the last Petty Point get together, I'll be bringing Shin out there with me. It would definitely make for an interesting weekend.

Let me know when it happens!

Sid_Vicious
10-22-2004, 12:53 PM
"And everyone has been real good to ask before bringing guests that I don't know."

That works...sid

Sid_Vicious
10-22-2004, 12:57 PM
"Sid, maybe we should play nine ball"

Music to my ears, and Spiderman's too I bet(sarcasm.) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif sid

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> People often mistake someone's politeness for stupidity.

Yes, I sometimes mistake one thing for another but know Spetty will let us know if something does not feel right to her. She is no shrinking violet.

I actually sold a boat I had because every weekend people would just show up at the dock expecting to go out.

Sorry about the boat, really. Really...

How do you tell someone they are not invited?

Hey, friend, you have once again spilled chablis on my carpet, do not come back!

They never seem to get the hint or don't want to.

We don't hint much in Texas, we just say it! (winessed by my untimely sarcasm earlier)

You gave what could be understood as an invite to anyone who reads this board to someone's house.

I do not invite, I just ask for interest among those of us who post here regularly. There may be deamons and lurkers among us but I'll never betray Petty Point's location wihtout first getting an Amen from Spetty. It's hard enough to find with a map!

Now instead of recognizing what you did may have been a little out of line, you respond sarcastically.

I am sorry, but I just can't help the sarcasm, it's in my nature I guess, part of a less than perfect childhood, too much weight, a low self esteem, a mis-spend youth. There I go again...see I can't help it!

Please read the first line of my post again.

You are making a broad assumption here, you should know Republicans only read what they want to read.

Deeman
wouldn't sell the boat, would make them bring the beer....

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 01:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> So which CCBer(s) would you be scared to have at your house?
<hr /></blockquote>

http://www.fastlarrypool.com/images/frontpagepiclarry.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You a bad man Wally!!!!!

Deeman
now looking over his shoulder for Popcorn....

SpiderMan
10-22-2004, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "Sid, maybe we should play nine ball"

Music to my ears, and Spiderman's too I bet(sarcasm.) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif sid <hr /></blockquote>

My favorite /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan

Popcorn
10-22-2004, 01:59 PM
I am not referring to some obnoxious person, just people who overstep their bounds. They may be nice people, but I would prefer to have the last say on who comes to my house or on my boat or whatever. It can make for a very awkward situation sometimes. I had a guy recently at me house and we were in the shop, (I have a cue shop) I buy sand paper by the sleeve and it is up on a book shelf. There is all the way up to 2000 grit and maybe several thousands sheets. He said, "You have 2000 can I have some" I said yes. He took about 10 sheets that even wholesale cost me $4.00 or $5.00 What do I do, take it away from him, tell him he owes me money? He is not a bad guy, just your basic self-centered dud head. You run into these people all the time and they don't have any idea what they are really like, they seem to be in a world of their own. My wife say they go through life playing dumb, that is how they get what they want. These kind of people put you in embarrassing and awkward situations. If you say anything you look like the bad guy.

Deeman2
10-22-2004, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I am not referring to some obnoxious person, just people who overstep their bounds. They may be nice people, but I would prefer to have the last say on who comes to my house or on my boat or whatever. It can make for a very awkward situation sometimes. I had a guy recently at me house and we were in the shop, (I have a cue shop) I buy sand paper by the sleeve and it is up on a book shelf. There is all the way up to 2000 grit and maybe several thousands sheets. He said, "You have 2000 can I have some" I said yes. He took about 10 sheets that even wholesale cost me $4.00 or $5.00 What do I do, take it away from him, tell him he owes me money? He is not a bad guy, just your basic self-centered dud head. You run into these people all the time and they don't have any idea what they are really like, they seem to be in a world of their own. My wife say they go through life playing dumb, that is how they get what they want. These kind of people put you in embarrassing and awkward situations. If you say anything you look like the bad guy. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn,

I am not trying to be smart here but I don't think it would have been one bit out of line for you to answer, "Yes, you can have it but it cost me $5.00." Most reasonable people would expect to pay a fair price for something they want. Am I getting out of the box here? If so, someone tell me.

And really, maybe, sometimes, we have to be the bad guy. I don't know. I have had to fire a few folks in my time. I don't like it but it comes with the territory. I never enjoyed it like Trump, which is discusting to me. But being upfront makes the whole game easier, I believe.

Send me ten sheets, I'll send you $5 bucks. I love you, Popcorn (not in a Turkish Prison sort of way!)

Deeman

Chopstick
10-22-2004, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> If I can book air fare far enough in advance to keep it reasonable, I'm up for a weekend Spider hunt. <hr /></blockquote>

Geez - give a man a 9' Diamond in his condo, a Franklin Southwest, some tournament wins, coaching by Grady Mathews and Buddy Hall, plus a fur coat, and he starts thinking he's King Kong /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Just remember, I still have the "secret weapon". &lt;link&gt;

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I misplaced that fur coat somewhere. Must have been one of those mornings when I woke up in the truck on the other side of town.

Secret Weapon??? Ohhhhhh, that thing. I hate that thing!

Popcorn
10-22-2004, 03:33 PM
"I am not trying to be smart here but I don't think it would have been one bit out of line for you to answer, "Yes, you can have it but it cost me $5.00." Most reasonable people would expect to pay a fair price for something they want. Am I getting out of the box here? If so, someone tell me."

There in lies the problem, these people know what they are doing. They play dumb, they know you won't ask and take advantage of it. I was not completely truthful about the sandpaper though. Although it would be about that much wholesale, I bought it from a hardware store that was going out of business due to a Home Depot opening. I got it for $15.00 a sleeve (100 sheets each) I bought like 40 sleeves pretty much all he had of the fine sandpaper's. I have enough now for years. My father once bought a close-out on light bulbs. He was dead for more then 20 years before I finally had to buy a light bulb.

SPetty
10-22-2004, 07:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> If I can book air fare far enough in advance to keep it reasonable, I'm up for a weekend Spider hunt. <hr /></blockquote>So, Chopstick, pick the weekend for us so we can start planning this thing...

Rich R.
10-23-2004, 04:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
In another thread, SPETTY said to make some plans. Of course, she always has the power to veto anything we come up with. If she is not interested, we, of course, don't do it. If you think I have offended SPETTY that was clearly not my intent. I'll back off and let someone else do this.

Sorry to cause you concern.

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
No problem Deeman.
I did not see the other thread and I did not know SPetty had approved.
I just feel a little funny, when the proprietor is not doing the inviting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

UTAddb
10-24-2004, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> Well, i may be noob out at Petty Point, but i would definitely be in for this. I'll probably get whooped but that really isn't the point.

Of course, those of you who remember the last Petty Point get together, I'll be bringing Shin out there with me. It would definitely make for an interesting weekend.

Let me know when it happens! <hr /></blockquote>
Yeah, Id also like together with Matt, Shin, and DFWers.

JDB
10-24-2004, 08:51 PM
And really, maybe, sometimes, we have to be the bad guy. I don't know. I have had to fire a few folks in my time. I don't like it but it comes with the territory.

Probably off topic a litte, but still an important point. You should never feel bad about firing someone... 99% of the time they know they deserve it. I don't mean like the Trump show (for emphasis), but in a normal kind of way... Most people that are fired know exactly why they are being fired.

Deeman2
10-25-2004, 05:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JDB:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
And really, maybe, sometimes, we have to be the bad guy. I don't know. I have had to fire a few folks in my time. I don't like it but it comes with the territory.

Probably off topic a litte, but still an important point. You should never feel bad about firing someone... 99% of the time they know they deserve it. I don't mean like the Trump show (for emphasis), but in a normal kind of way... Most people that are fired know exactly why they are being fired. <hr /></blockquote>

JDB,

Yeah, I know they may deserve it but sometimes you think of their kids, their wife, it is never easy for me. In fact, if it ever gets easy, I'll quit for sure. My comment above was more to the point of how "Cool" Trump tries to make firing people when it should be a sad thing, never taken lightly.

JMO

Deeman

Deeman2
10-25-2004, 05:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UTAddb:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> Well, i may be noob out at Petty Point, but i would definitely be in for this. I'll probably get whooped but that really isn't the point.

Let me know when it happens! <hr /></blockquote>
Yeah, Id also like together with Matt, Shin, and DFWers. <hr /></blockquote>

Well,

So far, it looks like:

SPETTY
Deeman &amp; Tori
Spiderman
Chopstick
Sid_Vicious
Ryushen21
Shin
UTaddb
&amp; No F/L

Chopstick will check on flights to try to determine the best weekend and we will be playing nine ball....

Any corrections or additions, let us know...

Deeman

Sid_Vicious
10-25-2004, 06:54 AM
"In fact, if it ever gets easy, I'll quit for sure."

Here's a personal factoid. My ex-wife, wife at the time, elevated herself up the ladder to a management position, and eventually the day came that she knew she had to fire someone. Well my wife was on the edge of panic, I consoled her throughout but there were some tears from her over the ordeal. Then she began to change, and one day she mentioned that she'd fired someone earlier in the week, and I truly believe that it was during that time between the first one and this one where she lost much of her genuine femininity. Whatever it was that happened, I'd seemingly(IMO) lost touch with the person I thought I'd known, it was shortly after that the handwritting was on the wall, "You've lost this one Sid."

It's got to be tough on women in management for maintaining their compasionate side and also being tough at work. The impact to me was a changed person, tougher, distant and never home for the relationship, someone I could not relate to. I feel that the growth through the ladder climb and especially the new ability to fire so easily, aided in that demise.

I'd quit too Dee...sid

Deeman2
10-25-2004, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "In fact, if it ever gets easy, I'll quit for sure."

Here's a personal factoid. My ex-wife, wife at the time, elevated herself up the ladder to a management position, and eventually the day came that she knew she had to fire someone. Well my wife was on the edge of panic, I consoled her throughout but there were some tears from her over the ordeal. Then she began to change, and one day she mentioned that she'd fired someone earlier in the week, and I truly believe that it was during that time between the first one and this one where she lost much of her genuine femininity. Whatever it was that happened, I'd seemingly(IMO) lost touch with the person I thought I'd known, it was shortly after that the handwritting was on the wall, "You've lost this one Sid."

It's got to be tough on women in management for maintaining their compasionate side and also being tough at work. The impact to me was a changed person, tougher, distant and never home for the relationship, someone I could not relate to. I feel that the growth through the ladder climb and especially the new ability to fire so easily, aided in that demise.

I'd quit too Dee...sid

<hr /></blockquote>

Sid,

I lost a good wife of 27 years to General Motors, catching more overseas flights than making it to kids ball games, etc. and not ever being "at home". It won't happen with this one. Someone will have to pry her from my cold, dead hands! Life's too short to sell it all to work....

Deeman
see, a Democrat and Repubican can agree on something! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ceebee
10-26-2004, 09:15 AM
you guys are really gonna have some fun, but not without me... I'm saddled up and ready.... Please PM me with the date...

Deeman2
10-26-2004, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> you guys are really gonna have some fun, but not without me... I'm saddled up and ready.... Please PM me with the date... <hr /></blockquote>

ceebee,

I've already put you in charge of security in avoiding any possible terrorist attacks. We don't have the date as we are waiting on our Florida Connection to book a cheap flight. Can you show your break rak to us while we are there? I'd love to see it.

Deeman
will get tips on break from ceebee before the tourny....

Chopstick
10-26-2004, 12:08 PM
OK, I get the best numbers the weekend before Thanksgiving. 11/19-11/22. Let me know if this works and I'll book it.

Chopstick
10-26-2004, 12:12 PM
If you can bring me three copies of your book. I told some guys about it and they want it.

SPetty
10-26-2004, 02:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> the weekend before Thanksgiving. 11/19-11/22<hr /></blockquote>Fine by me. Everyone?

Deeman2
10-26-2004, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> the weekend before Thanksgiving. 11/19-11/22<hr /></blockquote>Fine by me. Everyone? <hr /></blockquote>

Couldn't be better for me.

Deeman

SpiderMan
10-27-2004, 06:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> the weekend before Thanksgiving. 11/19-11/22<hr /></blockquote>Fine by me. Everyone? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm in. Bring Tori so we can have a rematch, OK?

SpiderMan

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> the weekend before Thanksgiving. 11/19-11/22<hr /></blockquote>Fine by me. Everyone? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm in. Bring Tori so we can have a rematch, OK?

Spiderman,

You, of course, mean a barbed wire grudge match! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Tori wouldn't miss it but may demand a better partner! Looking forward to it.

Deeman

Chopstick
10-27-2004, 08:20 AM
OK, the deal is done. I will be in Dallas Friday morning 11/19.

Oh, and I met these biker chicks can I bring them too?

http://www.extremefunnypictures.com/es-items/280.jpg

PoolFool
10-27-2004, 08:43 AM
I plan on being there but you will have to show me how to play 9 ball. Do the balls still go into the pockets?

PoolFool

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFool:</font><hr> I plan on being there but you will have to show me how to play 9 ball. Do the balls still go into the pockets?

PoolFool <hr /></blockquote>

Only when you least expect it or the pocket moves...

Chopstick
10-27-2004, 10:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFool:</font><hr> I plan on being there but you will have to show me how to play 9 ball. Do the balls still go into the pockets?

PoolFool <hr /></blockquote>

Mostly when you are playing a safety.

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> So far, it looks like:

SPETTY
Deeman &amp; Tori
Spiderman
Chopstick
Sid_Vicious
Ryushen21
Shin
UTaddb
Poolfool
CeeBee

Well, The list is coming together. I will recommend a few things. Let me know which are o.k. and if I miss something.

I suggest:

1) 9 ball (as I think we agreed earlier)
2) Cue ball only fouls w/ three foul rule
3) Race to 3, double elimination (women will only require 2 games to men's 3 unless they know Barbara or have won a TP Qualifier).
4) Any byes will be filled by the ladies first (then by the draw).
5) Winner's bracket matches will be played on the 9 footer, loser's bracket on the bar box.
6) Spiderman eating will be considered Sharking.
7) $10 entry fee with the exception of our hostess.
8) Money will be split 70/30 for 1st &amp; 2nd.
9) The Champion will receive a Petty point Champion T-Shirt designed, made and later appoligized for by Deeman.
10) No whining.
11) No "nuculear" weapons allowed. (I exceed to the President's pronounciation)
12) ceebee must break with one hand tied behind his back, (O.K. maybe not.)
13) No drilling for oil in Petty Point's former swimming pool site.
14) Everyone will be provided Petty Point shoulder patches (paper stick-on's, I'll provide) so we bring a certain T.V Match appearance to the proceedings. If you don't have on enough clothes to put on the patch, you may not be allowed in.
15) Someone will have to volunteer to video this mess.

Everyone will bring their own beverages. We will each make a small contribution to Spetty for the snacks she always provides or bring things, at her discretion.

Spetty will send directions to anyone who needs them. I have already sent purposefully wrong directions to F/L. He will end up still in Atlanta.

I will wait for further recommendations and a nod from Spetty. I have faxed a copy of this to the Kerry campaign so they can get an o.k. from Paris (France, not Hilton, the other white meat).

We might consider a Calcutta where we have a minimum bid of $.01 and a maximum bid of $.10.

We still have not heard from Nineball33 and maybe a couple of others.

Remember to send me any design ideas for the t-shirt or you will surely suffer my design, a fate you may not want.

O.K. The flame e-mails can begin...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deeman

Any additions, let us know...

Sid_Vicious
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Right off the bat I'd vote for no 3-foul rule. I can't remember the last time it was used in my Dallas circle, years, and then not in an event I played in, a TX Express Tour stop I'd imagine. Also, I frankly wouldn't care to have a video, call me timid or admittedly bad at this game under the camera lights. Beside those, I'm game...sid

Chopstick
10-27-2004, 12:13 PM

<hr /></blockquote>

I have excellent equipment for this purpose. I was planning to bring it.

I suppose that at this sort of gathering, it is customary to barbecue a beast of some sort. If someone has a grill I would be happy to donate the aforementioned unit.

SpiderMan
10-27-2004, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> I suggest:
1) 9 ball (as I think we agreed earlier)<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have already sent purposefully wrong directions to F/L. He will end up still in Atlanta.<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Don't forget a Scotch-doubles rematch for Rhonda and I, and a Double Bourbon &amp; Coke for Chopstick!

Spiderman

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 12:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> I suggest:
1) 9 ball (as I think we agreed earlier)<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have already sent purposefully wrong directions to F/L. He will end up still in Atlanta.<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Don't forget a Scotch-doubles rematch for Rhonda and I, and a Double Bourbon &amp; Coke for Chopstick!

Spiderman <hr /></blockquote>

As for the Scotch Doubles rematch, that works well with the starting the other tournament on the big table as this will free the bar box for the death grudge match. By the way, tell Rhonda to take it easy on me this time! A guy has some pride, well not much...

I will have the double bourbon and Coke for the Chopper as well.

Sid, we'll have Chopstick turn it off when you are playing if you wish. Having all this worthless vanity, I want it on me all the time. It's that male model profile I give off.

We can ditch the 3 foul rule, I've seen you guys with the jump cues anyway.

Deeman
Can't wait....

SpiderMan
10-27-2004, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> OK, the deal is done. I will be in Dallas Friday morning 11/19.
<hr /></blockquote>

If you're up to it, we can hit a decent tournament Friday night ... 8-ball, BCA rules, double elim, $5 entry, house adds $100, pays 3 places (usually about $90/$60/$30). Decent players (some APA 6/7) but no roadies, it's almost like collecting weekly allowance. Similar events on Saturday and Sunday, but when are you leaving?

SpiderMan

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>

Thank you berry, berry much!

<hr /></blockquote>

I have excellent equipment for this purpose. I was planning to bring it.

You DA Man!

I suppose that at this sort of gathering, it is customary to barbecue a beast of some sort. If someone has a grill I would be happy to donate the aforementioned unit. <hr /></blockquote>

Being from Memphis, you well understand that bar-be-que is pork. Now, we are situated in cattle country so (whisper, whisper) they are somewhat confused as to what real Que is like. Maybe we can show them. We can all put something in for the pig....They have stumbled across a reasonable facilime of slaw here so I can pick some up. This is a Spetty matter to decide. Maybe she will take pitty on us poor Memphis boys and let us make up some Beal Street Que if nothing else in memory of Elvis and in reverence to velvet pictures of pool playing everywhere. Wait, Elvis was fried peanut butter sandwiches, right? Yuck!

Deeman

I guess, Sid brings out the Voyeur in us...

Wally_in_Cincy
10-27-2004, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr>

I suppose that at this sort of gathering, it is customary to barbecue a beast of some sort. If someone has a grill I would be happy to donate the aforementioned unit. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey you can't take that on a plane /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

reminds me of that reality show "Airline" when some Jamaican lady tried to check as baggage a cooler full of frozen chickens and ice water LOL

Wally &lt;~~ wishes he were there

SpiderMan
10-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Being from Memphis, you well understand that bar-be-que is pork. Now, we are situated in cattle country so (whisper, whisper) they are somewhat confused as to what real Que is like. Maybe we can show them. We can all put something in for the pig....They have stumbled across a reasonable facilime of slaw here so I can pick some up. This is a Spetty matter to decide. Maybe she will take pitty on us poor Memphis boys and let us make up some Beal Street Que if nothing else in memory of Elvis and in reverence to velvet pictures of pool playing everywhere. Wait, Elvis was fried peanut butter sandwiches, right? Yuck!
Deeman
<hr /></blockquote>

That's what I really missed out here - nobody in Texas knows how to make a decent BBQ sandwich. They slice up beef brisket and put it on a bun with smoke-flavored sauce, and expect you to eat it. Back home, you can't even call something BBQ if it does't involve a chicken or a pig!

I remember you could walk into ANY BBQ joint in Memphis, ask for a BBQ sandwich, and you automatically get a toasted bun, chopped pork, sweet sauce, and a dollop of drained cole slaw on top!

BTW, the "Coleman's BBQ" that Chopstick and I grew up frequenting on Holmes Rd in south Memphis is still operating under family ownership!

Side Story: I was shooting pool at Joey's in Whitehaven a couple of years ago and struck up a conversation with a guy. When we introduced ourselves he turned out to be Gene Coleman. I asked him about the fate of the hundreds of Coleman franchises across the mid-south. His story was that there was a clause in all of the contracts that allowed the owners to privatize their stores after 25 years of franchise operation. So, over a period of 10 years or so, you had all these Coleman's restaurants suddenly becoming "Fred's BBQ" or whatever. The store on Holmes Road, which Gene personally manages, was bought back by the family and is one of about 3 still operating as Coleman's.

BTW, there's an outfit in this area, maybe nationwide by now, that advertises "genuine Memphis BBQ". They're called "Red, Hot, and Blue". I've been there, the sandwiches are good. But, if you just ask for a BBQ, they grill you closely about how you want it.

SpiderMan

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr>

Hey you can't take that on a plane /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

reminds me of that reality show "Airline" when some Jamaican lady tried to check as baggage a cooler full of frozen chickens and ice water LOL

Wally &lt;~~ wishes he were there <hr /></blockquote>

Wally! Wish you could join us. Hey, true story. In about 1972 I was on NW flight 7 to Tokyo and a lady had a hibachi in the back of the plane and started up cooking a chicken, I swear. Back then, that flight might have 20 people on it and you could bring back TV's, furniture, etc as long as you could lug it on board (The exchange rate was around 380 yen to the buck.) This Japanese lady was upset that they would not let her cook the chicken! Can you imagine what they would have done to her now. They would even let us regulars sleep in the crew quarters and the beverage manager would give everyone bottles of champaine to take with us to our hotels. I took 60 Meucci's over on one trip for Bob and sold them all before nightfall (you arrive in the A.M.)

I remember when flying was nice, nicer, not so bad.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deeman
wishes Wally was allowed west of the Mississippi....

Chopstick
10-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Monday morning 9:21 a.m.

UTAddb
10-27-2004, 01:18 PM
If its bar-b-q you want, we've got a lot of goats, thats right, goats, in true Tejas fashion.

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
The store on Holmes Road, which Gene personally manages, was bought back by the family and is one of about 3 still operating as Coleman's.

BTW, there's an outfit in this area, maybe nationwide by now, that advertises "genuine Memphis BBQ". They're called "Red, Hot, and Blue". SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I've had a hundred sandwiches from the Holmes Rd, Coleman's. What a place. I miss it...

I ran across a Red, White and Blue in Detroit and it was not bad at all. The guy running it was from Memphis and knew his Que....ONE, of the seven Bodacious Barbeque places in Longview has pork about one out of three times I go there! I say, "Why do you open if you don't have a pork sandwich? They say, "We have briskit!" Why bother? The other ones I visited before finding this one looked at me like I was Gary Gilmore when I asked for a pork sandwich....

Deeman
starving among the barbeque challenged....

Chopstick
10-27-2004, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

I remember you could walk into ANY BBQ joint in Memphis, ask for a BBQ sandwich, and you automatically get a toasted bun, chopped pork, sweet sauce, and a dollop of drained cole slaw on top!

<hr /></blockquote>

OK, stop that!

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UTAddb:</font><hr> If its bar-b-q you want, we've got a lot of goats, thats right, goats, in true Tejas fashion. <hr /></blockquote>

I think I'm going to be sick....I've eaten scorpions in China, dog in Korea and raw horse in Japan but I do have my pride, a little anyway....Didn't you Texan's chase all the goat ropers off a few decades ago?

Deeman
oh, forgot I ate goat in Turkey...

Chopstick
10-27-2004, 01:32 PM

Wait, Elvis was fried peanut butter sandwiches, right? Yuck!

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote>

It was peanut butter and bananna sandwiches. I remember 'cause my momma used to make 'em for me every day in grade school. And when I'm President they will not be served on Air Force One.

Deeman2
10-27-2004, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>

OK, stop that! <hr /></blockquote>

I guess we better get back on subject or they'll chase us to the non-pool side or re-name this the CCB Food Network. It provided some nice memories of real food, however.

Deeman
Loeb's was not as good as Coleman's...but we got a Mayor out of it....

SpiderMan
10-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Great, then it won't matter how late we keep you out on Sunday night. They actually have two tournaments, one from 9pm-12pm and one from 12pm-2am. And there's karaoke all night. Used to hate that awful noise, now I'm fighting back!

SpiderMan

ryushen21
10-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Lock and Load. I'll be there. But i'll have to get good at pool before this thing. Luckily ihave a striaght pool tourney coming up.

See you guys out there!

SPetty
10-27-2004, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>3) Race to 3, double elimination (women will only require 2 games to men's 3 unless they know Barbara or have won a TP Qualifier).
4) Any byes will be filled by the ladies first (then by the draw).<hr /></blockquote>Huh? We got women coming? I thought it was just going to be us pool players...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>8) Money will be split 70/30 for 1st &amp; 2nd.<hr /></blockquote>I think we should have a saver... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>9) The Champion will receive a PettyPoint Champion T-Shirt designed, made and later apologized for by Deeman.
14) Everyone will be provided PettyPoint shoulder patches (paper stick-on's, I'll provide) <hr /></blockquote>If you're gonna do it, make sure it's spelled right - PettyPoint - all one word, special capitalization. Like SPetty - all one word, special capitalization!<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>15) Someone will have to volunteer to video this mess.<hr /></blockquote>No they don't. I don't like that one. Oh wait, how would a shrinking violet say it? Um, maybe that's not such a good idea? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, no video please.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>Everyone will bring their own beverages.<hr /></blockquote>As ALWAYS.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>Remember to send me any design ideas for the t-shirt or you will surely suffer my design, a fate you may not want.<hr /></blockquote>What I really REALLY want is The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas "logo" made into The Best Little Poolhouse In Texas! Does anyone even know where to begin to do this? I've actually scanned in the DVD cover in high res into my computer, but I can't figure out what to do with it after that... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000714BR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

As for food, if you guys want to bring it, that's fine, but what I normally do is the way that's the easiest for me that provides enough food for everyone for, as you might guess, lunch, early snack, afternoon snack, supper, dinner, evening snack, midnight snack, 2 a.m. munchies... If you guys want to bring food, just remember it's a lot more than one meal. Or, I can set up as usual (except I'll put that noisy hot dogger out on the porch!) and you can bring more. I have a gas grill. But don't make me work for your food! If you're volunteering to man the grill, you're volunteering to not be playing pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

CarolNYC
10-28-2004, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So which CCBer(s) would you be scared to have at your house?

<hr /></blockquote>
The NEW YORK ones! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carol
Love ya,Spetty!

SpiderMan
10-28-2004, 08:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>

OK, stop that! <hr /></blockquote>

I guess we better get back on subject or they'll chase us to the non-pool side or re-name this the CCB Food Network. It provided some nice memories of real food, however.

Deeman
Loeb's was not as good as Coleman's...but we got a Mayor out of it.... <hr /></blockquote>

Remember the radio ads? "If you spill BBQ sauce on your shirt at Loeb's BBQ, we'll clean it free at Loeb's Laundry ... Mayor Henry Loeb"

SpiderMan

Deeman2
10-28-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> ]Huh? We got women coming? I thought it was just going to be us pool players...

We use the term "Pool Players" vert loosely here.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>8) Money will be split 70/30 for 1st &amp; 2nd.<hr /></blockquote>I think we should have a saver... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You got it.

14) Everyone will be provided PettyPoint shoulder patches (paper stick-on's, I'll provide) <hr /></blockquote>If you're gonna do it, make sure it's spelled right - PettyPoint - all one word, special capitalization. Like SPetty - all one word, special capitalization!<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>

Already done....

15) Someone will have to volunteer to video this mess.<hr /></blockquote>No they don't. I don't like that one. Oh wait, how would a shrinking violet say it? Um, maybe that's not such a good idea? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, no video please.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>

You got it.

Everyone will bring their own beverages.<hr /></blockquote>As ALWAYS.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>Remember to send me any design ideas for the t-shirt or you will surely suffer my design, a fate you may not want.<hr /></blockquote>What I really REALLY want is The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas "logo" made into The Best Little Poolhouse In Texas! Does anyone even know where to begin to do this? I've actually scanned in the DVD cover in high res into my computer, but I can't figure out what to do with it after that... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000714BR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Done, I'll e-mail you the prototype today.

As for food, if you guys want to bring it, that's fine, but what I normally do is the way that's the easiest for me that provides enough food for everyone for, as you might guess, lunch, early snack, afternoon snack, supper, dinner, evening snack, midnight snack, 2 a.m. munchies... If you guys want to bring food, just remember it's a lot more than one meal. Or, I can set up as usual (except I'll put that noisy hot dogger out on the porch!) and you can bring more. I have a gas grill. But don't make me work for your food! If you're volunteering to man the grill, you're volunteering to not be playing pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dee don't cook, you don't even want to think about Tori cooking. How do you think I have wasted away to the shell of a man I once was? I be down with anything that keeps me off the grill.

Deeman
never ate chitterlings half slung...(excuse me "Chitlins')

Deeman2
10-28-2004, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>

Remember the radio ads? "If you spill BBQ sauce on your shirt at Loeb's BBQ, we'll clean it free at Loeb's Laundry ... Mayor Henry Loeb"

Yep, I remember Henry. He was a pretty good mayor as long as you weren't black, hispanic, Jewish, Republican, intellectual, union, MLK, handicapped, neutered or spayed.

I saw him about ten years ago in Arkansas at a political fundraiser, I think he's dead now but the Democrats in Memphis have not buried him yet.

See, Coleman's didn't have the match his advertisement as their customers would lick the sauce off their shirts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman

PQQLK9
10-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Deeman

I call them "shitlins", my wife loves them (her family were pigs /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif).
I forbid them to be cooked anywhere NEAR my property /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

UTAddb
10-28-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey Matt, when's this straight pool tourney. Could you maybe send me the schedule for school tournaments, I cant find out [censored] from our club. I know about the UNT one this weekend but I probably wont be there. Anyway, later. DDB

Deeman2
10-28-2004, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Deeman

I call them "shitlins", my wife loves them (her family were pigs /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif).
I forbid them to be cooked anywhere NEAR my property /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
<hr /></blockquote>

A true Southerner never admits to eating them or grits. We say we save the grits for the "Y" people. See how I control my use of the "Y" word now. Where are you at, if I may ask? Anyone who has been around Chitlin's while they are cooking will for sure never allow them on their property. They are classified a class III hazardous waste, you know. Stump whipped and half slung are how they were done in Arkansas when I was a lad.

Deeman
Of course a true Southerner doesn't admit to poor dental care either....

SPetty
10-28-2004, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Huh? We got women coming? I thought it was just going to be us pool players...<hr /></blockquote>We use the term "Pool Players" very loosely here.<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Well, as long as you don't use the loose women here...</font color><blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>What I really REALLY want is The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas "logo" made into The Best Little Poolhouse In Texas! Does anyone even know where to begin to do this?
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000714BR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg <hr /></blockquote>Done, I'll e-mail you the prototype today.<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Well, it's absolutely nothing like what I had in mind, but it is kinda funny!</font color>
http://www.pettypoint.com/pics/pettyp.jpg

Deeman2
10-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey, that's just my meager little attempt. Others are welcome to share their ideas. Spetty, don't undervalue the selling point of loose women in this tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know it's not true but let's keep 'em guessin'.

There should be plenty of loose men there but, alas, Scott, the loosest guy at the last meet, is nowhere to be found.

I have made a shoulder patch for the event that has the attached logo plus some side graphics on the side describing the date, event and so forth. These will, of course, in time become collector's items as we inevitably become compared with Johnson City, Hot Springs and the old Vegas rooms.

Spiderman, Tori scored 38 out of 40 in her five BCA games last night. She is stalking you....

Deeman

SpiderMan
10-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I have made a shoulder patch for the event that has the attached logo plus some side graphics on the side describing the date, event and so forth.
Deeman
<hr /></blockquote>

Deeman,

What logo attached to your post?

SpiderMan

Deeman2
10-28-2004, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
I have made a shoulder patch for the event that has the attached logo plus some side graphics on the side describing the date, event and so forth.
Deeman
<hr /></blockquote>

Deeman,

What logo attached to your post?

No, Spiderman. It was not attached ot my post. I just mentioned I have made one up (actually 24) that incorporates the one I sent to Spetty in a shoulder patch stick-on for us in the tournament. I can send it to you via e-mail if you wish.

Deeman
some of my best friends are democrats...

Chopstick
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

HAH! Yes I do!

SpiderMan
10-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I'll collect in person. Maybe it's something I can attach to my case?

SpiderMan

Deeman2
11-13-2004, 09:21 AM
O.k. Folks,

Count 'em! Only six (6) days left until the opening salvos are fired in the CCB PettyPoint nine ball Texas Invitational.

I have made up ten or so bag tags with the Best Little Pool Hall in Texas official logo for the participants. I have shoulder patches (paper ones so we match the Pros)made and am now assembling the winner's Shirt (sort of the yellow jersey of pool, but no French will be allowed to touch it!) It should be a large size to accomodate any of us who might win, the smaller people can just imagine they are doing an Alex the Lion imitation.

The gates will unlock at noon on Saturday November 20th (this Saturday).

The rules and format have been posted but late suggestions will be accepted.

The main event will be a race to three double elimination nine ball tournament.

There is a fight to the death challenge of Deeman vs. Sid_Vicious in a single race to three in one pocket. Deeman representing the Republicans and Sid_Vicious the Democrats, so you guys could still pull this election out.

Spiderman and Rhonda have thrown down the gauntlet for a short re-match of their earlier drumming of Deeman and Tori at Scotch Doubles. I'll bring more Schtch this time.

I would like to see a mini-tourny for the women in single game, single elimination eight ball if we can.

At some point, Spiderman will have to defend his honor against Chopstick.....

I met a bar hobo the other night. His name is Earl Strickland (Really). I have invited him to the event but did not tell him a date or directions as well. Now we can add his name in the "bye" sections we are seeding to the ladies and they can claim a victory over Earl. This Earl won't mind as he will be hugging porcelin somewhere in Lousianna by then.

O.K. Sorry to drag this whole thread back up but I thought it might keep those who want to go through the whole, "Dee's invited terrorists to Texas" thing down a bit and allow everyone to remind me of anything we have forgotten.

Spiderman, can you or ceebee make up a blank tournament bracket sheet? If not, I'll dig one up or beg Dave in Canada to send us one.

I will be bringing my svelt self, Tori and the items I mentioned above along with drinking materials.

Please give us feedback as soon as possible if any of your plans have changed. Any additions will need to be P.M.ed to SPetty.

Have I missed anything?

Deeman
Will sleep under the 9 footer if needed....

Mr Ingrate
11-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Deeman,

Go to my web site. http://www.davespooltools.com. I've got brackets there as .PDF files. There are still brackets available for download over at playpool.com and I believe there are some at http://www.bcapoolleague.com/.

Good luck.

UTAddb
11-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Some 10-ball ring games might be fun

Deeman2
11-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Dave,

Thanks, you are one Canadian that always comes through. We are inviting you to our next occupation which may be Holland. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tannks,

Deeman

Deeman2
11-14-2004, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UTAddb:</font><hr> Some 10-ball ring games might be fun <hr /></blockquote>

DDB,

WE can check into this as we just have to make sure there is enough time and people who have interest. I'm in if we can keep the entry down to a few people. Of coourse, you guyus would have to let me do commentary when I was not shooting. Can't miss that sharp "Pretty Boy" comments,can we?

Deeman

Sid_Vicious
11-14-2004, 09:02 AM
"WE can check into this as we just have to make sure there is enough time"

Ten ball is fine but it's also a game which takes one of my balancing tools away,,,safeties. As to the time factor, that's going to be major unless we allocate chips and run end to end 10-ball instead of nine, both formats will work only if we have wee morning hours on Sunday to continue, even to daylight, and I personally think burning the candle at SPetty's sounds fun so I'm game. How the "travelers" and couples feel about an intense marathon is another matter. Let's face it, Leroy needs to build-on, SPetty's going to require getting at least a third table, or else we're all going to condider sleeping over or driving back on Sunday for the second leg of a North TX CCB tournament just to get us all "pool'd out." Of course I'm a single guy with pool as "my drug of choice" so I can't make these statements for those "with lifes."

10-ball and poker chips may very well be a better choice than nine given the time constraint. It ain't my real game, hardly even a very appealing game in my quiver, but but it may fit the event layout better. Jm2c...sid

Deeman2
11-14-2004, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "WE can check into this as we just have to make sure there is enough time"

Ten ball is fine but it's also a game which takes one of my balancing tools away,,,safeties. As to the time factor, that's going to be major unless we allocate chips and run end to end 10-ball instead of nine, both formats will work only if we have wee morning hours on Sunday to continue, even to daylight, and I personally think burning the candle at SPetty's sounds fun so I'm game. How the "travelers" and couples feel about an intense marathon is another matter. Let's face it, Leroy needs to build-on, SPetty's going to require getting at least a third table, or else we're all going to condider sleeping over or driving back on Sunday for the second leg of a North TX CCB tournament just to get us all "pool'd out." Of course I'm a single guy with pool as "my drug of choice" so I can't make these statements for those "with lifes."

10-ball and poker chips may very well be a better choice than nine given the time constraint. It ain't my real game, hardly even a very appealing game in my quiver, but but it may fit the event layout better. Jm2c...sid <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sid,

I think a few are planning to stay over, myself included. However, we'll do the main events and see if there's time and interest and tolerance on Spetty's part to do a ring type thing. The main thing is to have fun and enjoy the events. Unless, I win, of course, then we can hail it as second only to the U.S. Open! </font color>

Deeman
making shoulder patches now....

Sid_Vicious
11-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Ok, ok but since we began by commadering(sp?) SPetty's place in the first place, how'z about an all day tournament sometime starting after breakfast?

You might squeak by Saturday Dee and beat me, but don't expect to get me on Sunday while I'm recovering from an excess of alcohol from the day before. I play my best pool many times when that happens, especially with a little of the "hair of the dog"...sid~~~Budwieser, it's not just for breakfast anymore /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
11-14-2004, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>Spiderman, can you or ceebee make up a blank tournament bracket sheet? If not, I'll dig one up or beg Dave in Canada to send us one. <hr /></blockquote>I have a big "erasable" laminated 16/32 man chart, so we're covered there.

So who are we expecting?

Deeman + 1
Spiderman + 2
Chopstick (so, you couldn't talk 9 Ball Girl into coming?)
Sid Vicious + 2
PoolFool + 1
ceebee
ryushen21 + 1
UTAddb

Unless I missed it, we haven't heard from nineball33 or LivinGr8 on this post...

I think that's 15 or 16 players.

It seems that the "grazing" foods are popular, like the vege dipping trays and fruit trays. How about some volunteers to bring some of that stuff? I'll have the usual hot dogs, sausage, taquitos, egg rolls, tamales(new!), chili.

Remember, bring (enough of) your own drinks, or be forced to make a run. If you're spending the night, you can drink my tequila!

I'm looking forward to it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ppgr
11-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Nineball33 hasn't made it to work in a couple of weeks but I will pass the word on to living gr8.

Deeman2
11-15-2004, 08:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I have a big "erasable" laminated 16/32 man chart, so we're covered there.

<font color="blue"> I should have known, you have everything else there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif</font color>

So who are we expecting?

Deeman + 1
Spiderman + 2
Sid Vicious + 2
PoolFool + 1
ceebee
ryushen21 + 1
UTAddb

Unless I missed it, we haven't heard from nineball33 or LivinGr8 on this post...

<font color="blue"> I have not heard from him since he came down here and made his contribution to my weekly robbing of a local tournament! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I did make a run to Jacksonville to play him but coould not find his poolroom! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif </font color>

It seems that the "grazing" foods are popular, like the vege dipping trays and fruit trays. How about some volunteers to bring some of that stuff? I'll have the usual hot dogs, sausage, taquitos, egg rolls, tamales(new!), chili. <font color="blue"> I love this woman! Don't tell LeRoy... </font color>

Remember, bring (enough of) your own drinks, or be forced to make a run. If you're spending the night, you can drink my tequila!

<font color="blue"> SPetty's right. I made one of these "liquid" runs and it's ain't close when your'e sweating matches. </font color>

I'm looking forward to it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I can't wait... </font color>

SpiderMan
11-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Dee,

I'm picking Chopstick up at the airport in Dallas on Friday morning. If he's bringing NBG he hasn't told me about it. We'll probably go straight to a local pool hall for our first rematch (well, maybe straight to lunch and then to the pool hall). I'm afraid old Chops may get the better of me this trip. I think I edged him out last time, but he's been playing like 40 hours a week in between private lessons with Buddy Hall and Grady Matthews. I've just been playing a few local tourneys and working on my Karaoke.

It will be interesting to see whether you remember Charlie from the old days. He's my age also, but back then he was a far better player than I so he might have caught your eye. We were always hanging together anyway, so he talked me into trying pool.

Friday night we'll hit a local tournament and collect some allowance, then head out your way on Saturday. Rhonda has to work until about 2:00 pm, so I'll either run Chopstick out to Pettypoint in the morning and then go back for her, or we'll wait to leave together and get there around 3:30. Depends on whether SPetty wants to bend her "before noon" opening rules, and how late we stay out on Friday.

Rhonda and I are looking forward to the rematch.

SpiderMan

Deeman2
11-15-2004, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Dee,

I'm picking Chopstick up at the airport in Dallas on Friday morning. If he's bringing NBG he hasn't told me about it. We'll probably go straight to a local pool hall for our first rematch (well, maybe straight to lunch and then to the pool hall). I'm afraid old Chops may get the better of me this trip. I think I edged him out last time, but he's been playing like 40 hours a week in between private lessons with Buddy Hall and Grady Matthews. I've just been playing a few local tourneys and working on my Karaoke.

It will be interesting to see whether you remember Charlie from the old days. He's my age also, but back then he was a far better player than I so he might have caught your eye. We were always hanging together anyway, so he talked me into trying pool.

Friday night we'll hit a local tournament and collect some allowance, then head out your way on Saturday. Rhonda has to work until about 2:00 pm, so I'll either run Chopstick out to Pettypoint in the morning and then go back for her, or we'll wait to leave together and get there around 3:30. Depends on whether SPetty wants to bend her "before noon" opening rules, and how late we stay out on Friday.

Rhonda and I are looking forward to the rematch.

Good enough. Tori and I had planned to get there about noon but I'll see what you and SPetty come up with. Tori, besides being cuddly, is a screamer (did I say that?) so we will probably get a hotel room rather than keep the whole place up all night.(Read: self gratifying bald faced lie)

I collected one of my weekly allowances last night at a tournament (Fast Freddies) and there were three road guys waiting to take it away. It was after midnight and they wanted to play some. I offered a set of one hole race to 3 for a couple of Cecils but they wanted nine ball at $20 per and I just couldn't stay up all night and pretent to work today. So, they said they had just come from Dallas, on their way to Shreveport looking for action. Guy was stout built 32 years old, called himself Alex but was not his real name. Had a shorter guy with him Justice case, and a fat guy (mid 50's)who was probably his horse. All white/brown/brown. I was going to put him on Carl (black, good local shortstop with a five ton heart, you may know him.) but couldn't find him. I would have put them on the boys at the American Legeon but figured they would play too speedy for that crowd and didn't want money to leave town.

They were trying to make Shreveport by 3:00 a.m. for some action promised by a local nit here (i.e. Bad Steer). The horse seemed to be more interested in the casinos anyway. Said they were from Missouri but I know all the players there. Said he was born in Springfield but I couldn't reach Danny Harriman by phone so who knows? I took it they couldn't find squat in Dallas. Ran their plates, didn't match the vehicle????? Fat guy had a fanny pack in front with a Velcor quick release compartment, made to carry "you know what" (got one myself). Didn't notice that until we were leaving and didn't get the DMV dope 'til this morning. These guys may be up &amp; up but after the tag check I'm glad I got four hours shuteye. They "say" they'll be back through here next week but all-in-all I'll be happier eating Mom's Thanksgiving turkey in Auburn. AL. waiting for the Tigers to fold.

Deeman
too old of this S**T!

SpiderMan
11-15-2004, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> I collected one of my weekly allowances last night at a tournament (Fast Freddies) and there were three road guys waiting to take it away. It was after midnight and they wanted to play some. I offered a set of one hole race to 3 for a couple of Cecils but they wanted nine ball at $20 per and I just couldn't stay up all night and pretent to work today. So, they said they had just come from Dallas, on their way to Shreveport looking for action. Guy was stout built 32 years old, called himself Alex but was not his real name. Had a shorter guy with him Justice case, and a fat guy (mid 50's)who was probably his horse. All white/brown/brown. <hr /></blockquote>

Dee,

Check your mail.

SpiderMan

ryushen21
11-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I may have to make a late entrance out to PettyPoint. As it turns out i have to go to Houston to apply for a student visa in person so i will be trying my best to handle all of that on Friday. But if worst comes to worst i may h ave to stay in Houston on Friday and drive up and out to PettyPoint on Saturday. Hopefully i'll make the opening times. And as far as i know, Shin is still going to come with me.

Deeman2
11-15-2004, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> I may have to make a late entrance out to PettyPoint. As it turns out i have to go to Houston to apply for a student visa in person so i will be trying my best to handle all of that on Friday. But if worst comes to worst i may h ave to stay in Houston on Friday and drive up and out to PettyPoint on Saturday. Hopefully i'll make the opening times. And as far as i know, Shin is still going to come with me. <hr /></blockquote>

We'll make every accomodation we can as this is an event for celebrating our friendships and not who wins. If you believe that, you're gonna need some help with that application.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We'll work around things as best we can. We will have a little visit, warm-up and get aquainted time up front anyway. But...you have to show as I have your name tags made up already and my weak mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Good luck on your application...

Deeman

Deeman2
11-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Spiderman,

Bandits are being tracked at 2 O'clock, up 3 &amp; 1/2 large in LA. Heading for the barbeque capitol of the world. I have Hawkeye waiting in ambush (may bring a "Squirel" with him)....news on Saturday...

Deeman

nineball33
11-16-2004, 10:26 PM
What about me?(Nineball)Im up for the loss,Anytime Dee will let me rack for him im up for the challenge.pm me Dee with the details.

nineball33
11-17-2004, 02:47 AM
Well no one can cook better than SPETTY an her husban but we do need to give them the day off from cooking.Tell me what you all would like to eat an ill go an pick it up to cook&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;(Im better at cooking than racking)Ill bring some food to cook if I know what every one wonts-brisket,chicken-pork exc.Let me know an ill get it. (Ill let Dee cook an ill take his place racking /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

nineball33
11-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Nineball+1 ill bring a friend of mine Imay get tired of cooking or racking<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>Spiderman, can you or ceebee make up a blank tournament bracket sheet? If not, I'll dig one up or beg Dave in Canada to send us one. <hr /></blockquote>I have a big "erasable" laminated 16/32 man chart, so we're covered there.

So who are we expecting?

Deeman + 1
Spiderman + 2
Sid Vicious + 2
PoolFool + 1
ceebee
ryushen21 + 1
UTAddb

It seems that the "grazing" foods are popular, like the vege dipping trays and fruit trays. How about some volunteers to bring some of that stuff? I'll have the usual hot dogs, sausage, taquitos, egg rolls, tamales(new!), chili.

I'm looking forward to it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman2
11-17-2004, 07:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> Nineball+1 ill bring a friend of mine Imay get tired of cooking or racking<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>Spiderman, can you or ceebee make up a blank tournament bracket sheet? If not, I'll dig one up or beg Dave in Canada to send us one. <hr /></blockquote>I have a big "erasable" laminated 16/32 man chart, so we're covered there.

So who are we expecting?

Deeman + 1
Spiderman + 2
Sid Vicious + 2
PoolFool + 1
ceebee
ryushen21 + 1
UTAddb

I'm looking forward to it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Nineball33,

Chill out. Where you been? Glad to hear you're coming. However, as TD I must insist you clear any new players w/ SPetty via e-mail/private message. Do this BEFORE asking anyone....This is the PettyPoint Invitational, not the Open.

You can rack for me anytime. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif We have decided through SPetty's gratiousness, that we will not roast a beast or do anything like that. We are there to take names and kick ### at pool, so she has offered to do the same great stuff (I gained 4 lbs.!!) as the last time. However, you can pick up one of those cheese/fruit plates at the grocery store and, of course, bring your own drinks. The first place Championship shirt was finished last night and I made it big enough to fit any of us! It is a killer and worht the trip just at a chance to play for.

Doors open after lunch on Saturday....

</font color>

Sid_Vicious
11-17-2004, 07:46 AM
I'm bringing Rotel cheeze w/sausage in case anyone else is considering that dish...sid

UTAddb
11-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Dee/SPetty- you can cross me off the list. unfortunately I have some obligations here that just came up. Maybe next time.

ryushen21
11-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Due to circumstances beyond my control, i will be out there as soon as the gates open on Saturday. My trip to Houston was cancelled due to local idiocy. But hey, it gets me out to PettyPoint even earlier. Shin is still in to come with me so we will see you guys out there.

And how did i have the feeling that UTAddb was gonna cancel. It's ok dude, i'll get you next time around.

Deeman2
11-18-2004, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> Due to circumstances beyond my control, i will be out there as soon as the gates open on Saturday. My trip to Houston was cancelled due to local idiocy. But hey, it gets me out to PettyPoint even earlier. Shin is still in to come with me so we will see you guys out there.

And how did i have the feeling that UTAddb was gonna cancel. It's ok dude, i'll get you next time around. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Hey man,

I know you'd rather be in PettyPoint than Houston anyway. I am bringing, with appropriate approval (done), a young man that plays pretty sporty on a bar box but I have questions about his big table game. His name is Tony, he's in Dallas now. He'll have to earn a nickname. He's painfully slow so maybe "Molasses Tony" or something ike that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I asked Nineball33 to bring a dip plate, not the thing under your SUV but a platter of cheese/fruit/narcotics, etc. However, I have not heard back from him so someone needs to pick up the slack there or Spiderman may starve himself into dead stroke...

Great to hear your're still on board....</font color>

Deeman
Winner's Shirt is Complete!!

Deeman2
11-19-2004, 10:58 AM
GAME IS ON!!!

I'm packing and ready to roll...I wish every single poster on this website could be with us this weekend, except you know who!

Please be with us in spirit and wish us well as we will be swapping stories (true and otherwise) about many of you, playing with people you chat with each day and having a great time.

To each of you coming, let's have fun. Bring your best game and a big smile.

As always. let's treat PettyPoint with respect. It is someone's home, not a pool hall. Smoking on the "porch" only. Let's leave the place like we found it, breathtaking!!!

No Pinball, no Politics, just pool....

Deeman
I feel like nineballgirl...No, I'm not starting to have a strange fasination with show tunes.....Just now know how much she and Spetty have to do to make these things come off!!!

Rod
11-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Ya'll have fun now, ya hear!