PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open Albuquerque

9 Ball Girl
10-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Looks like the usuals are moving along. And I like that what I consider to be "the usuals" include Hsing Huang and Ga Young Kim. I would like to see Vivian move on up there. Haven't seen her in a while. Of course I'd like to see Jenn Barretta and Sarah Rousey make it to the TV rounds as well.

And to my NY gals on the left side, Brenda, Carol, and Gina, I can't think of where the chant "I think I can, I think I can..." is from, but I would change that to "I know I can, I know I can!" Best of luck!

By the way, what's up with the Highlights? I didn't see them for their Canada tournament either.

pooltchr
10-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Of course Allison and Karen would be included in that list of regulars as well.

I also have to point out that Kelly Fisher has already sent Ewa and Julie Kelly to the left side of the board.
Steve

ras314
10-22-2004, 10:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I also have to point out that Kelly Fisher has already sent Ewa and Julie Kelly to the left side of the board.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>
Where Ewa has put CarolNY out, dern it. Kelly Fisher is shooting very, very well.

SRpool
10-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Hey everyone. I'm sorry that I am too tired to do a big long post here too. But over at the AZ forum on my Ask the Pros forum I have been trying to keep everything updated. I'm sorry I'm too tired to do that here too. I have an early match tomorrow /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif So check it out. I'm trying to stay as updated as possible.

take care,
Sarah

Rich R.
10-23-2004, 03:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr> Hey everyone. I'm sorry that I am too tired to do a big long post here too. But over at the AZ forum on my Ask the Pros forum I have been trying to keep everything updated. I'm sorry I'm too tired to do that here too. I have an early match tomorrow /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif So check it out. I'm trying to stay as updated as possible.

take care,
Sarah <hr /></blockquote>
That is no problem Sarah, I think most of us read AZB too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck and play well.

Pizza Bob
10-23-2004, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I can't think of where the chant "I think I can, I think I can..." is from<hr /></blockquote>

The Little Engine That Could
by Watty Piper, George Hauman, Doris Hauman

Well....you asked. Good luck to all!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Doctor_D
10-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Any "New" News from the WPBA event ????

5:00PM EST (3:00PM MST) and NO updates on the WPBA WebSite. Does anyone know, especially Gerda, where they are on the charts?

Dr. D.

landshark77
10-23-2004, 03:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> Any "New" News from the WPBA event ????

5:00PM EST (3:00PM MST) and NO updates on the WPBA WebSite. Does anyone know, especially Gerda, where they are on the charts?

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>

As Sarah said above she has been providing some info on the tourney progress in her AZ Billiards forum. (Direct link to the thread here (http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=7956&amp;page=1&amp;pp=15) .) I must also add how disappointed I am that the WPBA has not updated the brackets in over 24 hours. Shame on them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vagabond
10-24-2004, 06:04 AM
Howdy folks,
In the past some posters have expressed wish to see new faces on TV and u will be seeing two new faces( Kelly Fisher &amp; Melissa Herndon) on TV.will be missing Allison Fisher on TV this time.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pooltchr
10-24-2004, 10:55 AM
I agree...an update every 6 hours or so during an event would be VERY nice. I am depending on text messages from my boss, who is getting regular updates from Kelly Fisher.
(and yes, Melissa Herndon sent Allison to the one loss side, and Kelly knocked her out.)

landshark77
10-24-2004, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I agree...an update every 6 hours or so during an event would be VERY nice. I am depending on text messages from my boss, who is getting regular updates from Kelly Fisher.
(and yes, Melissa Herndon sent Allison to the one loss side, and Kelly knocked her out.) <hr /></blockquote>

That seems like a very nice set up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think it would be nice if the spectators could maybe post something about what they have seen and for folks that get text info from their bosses to do the same, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif It is difficult though because everyone is always following someone diffrent. A six hour update form the WPBA doesn't seem that demanding. Now who can make this happen? Kelly O.?

I so wish I was at this event! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pooltchr
10-24-2004, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think it would be nice if the spectators could maybe post something about what they have seen and for folks that get text info from their bosses to do the same, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ( <hr /></blockquote>

Your wish is my command...Just found out Karen beat Kelly Fisher to have her finish 4th. Karen will play Melissa Herndon and the winner will face Ga-Young Kim who is in the hot seat!

(I just LOVE technology!!!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

landshark77
10-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Ah, Steve you are the best! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanx!

Melissa lets keep Karen out....it's time for a smack down!

AzHousePro
10-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Melissa lost 7-5. The WPBA site is updated with that result. Now just waiting on a result for the final match.

Mike

CarolNYC
10-25-2004, 03:24 AM
Hiya Roy,
It was very nice meeting you-thank you for the pin!
I feel I did okay against Julie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ewa just blew me away /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif-oh well, on to the Nationals!NEXT!

Once again, it was a pleasure!
You stay very well!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ras314
10-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Hi Carol,

I also thought you played better against Julie. It was tied at 3 each, then Julie pulled ahead a rack at 5-4 and stayed ahead. Good match to watch. I must say you put a new meaning to the "dance" around the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eva was making some good runs with very good position play, I was suprised she could still play that well.

Was trying to get some pics of you and Ewa when one of those Indian scouts told me cameras weren't allowed. Strange because Wed night the local TV station was there.

Hope to see you next year at the Open.