PDA

View Full Version : Cue Shaft Cleaning

trailboss
10-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Just cleaned my cue shaft after a month of play. I used the recommened lighter fluid for cleaning. It took off more chaulk than I expected. I reached for my leather burnisher and I think the cat got it! I remembered the brown paper bag trick for burnishing and used it..wow.. my shaft is now slick as can be! Any other tips? Thanks!

Rip
10-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Yep...get rid of the cat!

Rip /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JimS
10-24-2004, 05:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> Yep...get rid of the cat!

<hr /></blockquote>
roflmfao!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For burnishing you can also get good results from using a $100 bill....smaller demoninations just don't cut it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bassn7
10-24-2004, 08:42 PM
The Mr.Clean "eraser" is the greatest and safest thing I've ever used. Makes the shaft like new with no harmful effects. It's awesome.

Perk
10-25-2004, 05:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr>
For burnishing you can also get good results from using a $100 bill....smaller demoninations just don't cut it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Guess I will have nasty shafts then. ):

SPetty
10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr>For burnishing you can also get good results from using a $100 bill....<hr /></blockquote>I'd caution about ink transfer if you tried this.

I used a bill to burnish the sides of a tip for a friend - uglied up the ferrule pretty good with the ink from the bill. I would therefore think it could also transfer to the shaft.

Deeman2
10-25-2004, 01:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr>For burnishing you can also get good results from using a $100 bill....<hr /></blockquote>I'd caution about ink transfer if you tried this.

I used a bill to burnish the sides of a tip for a friend - uglied up the ferrule pretty good with the ink from the bill. I would therefore think it could also transfer to the shaft. <hr /></blockquote>

You should try to pass those counterfeit $100's instead of using them to clean shafts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've had this happen as well, Spetty. But sometimes it doesn't!! Must be a difference in the bills, I guess. I think you are safer with the paper bag, you just don't feel as prosperous!

Deeman

Troy
10-25-2004, 03:46 PM
When you "tan" the cat hide ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), don't use any dye...
Keep the leather a natural color.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> Yep...get rid of the cat!

<hr /></blockquote>

JimS
10-25-2004, 09:09 PM
You is some sick puppies. No wonder I like it here.