PDA

View Full Version : WPBA points system

landshark77
10-24-2004, 03:12 PM
OK for those that don't know it I sooo suck at math.

I am trying to figure out the WPBA player rankings post the US Open. I take the current ranking post the Canadian event, then I subtract the points earned from 2003 BCA open (per my source) and add AZ's points earned...thus the new rankings. Is this correct? Also I noticed a few players did not play this time. Do their BCA scores get deducted and add zero points? Also what about those ladies that did not play in last years BCA open? Do they get nothing subtracted and just the AZ points added?

Thanx for any help!

pooltchr
10-24-2004, 03:55 PM
That pretty much sums it up. They keep a rolling total, I think it's of the last 10 events, so every time you add a new event's results, you drop the oldest event's results. If someone didn't play in the event being dropped, they drop their zero, and add points from the most recent event.
Steve

landshark77
10-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanx again Steve.

jjinfla
10-24-2004, 04:39 PM
There was a site that listed the last ten events but I lost it. Anyone know where I can find it?

All I could find on WPBA was the current total points.

Jake

landshark77
10-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Jake-

Here is what I did. I used the finishes on the player profiles on the WPBA web page and converted the finishes to their respective points. If there is a page that lists the last 10 consecutive finishes, I too would love to have that link.

Eric.
10-25-2004, 06:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> OK for those that don't know it I sooo suck at math.

<font color="blue">Buy a friggin calculator /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

I am trying to figure out the WPBA player rankings post the US Open. I take the current ranking post the Canadian event, then I subtract the points earned from 2003 BCA open (per my source) and add AZ's points earned...thus the new rankings. Is this correct? Also I noticed a few players did not play this time. Do their BCA scores get deducted and add zero points? Also what about those ladies that did not play in last years BCA open? Do they get nothing subtracted and just the AZ points added?

<font color="blue">I think it's just a straight running total of the last 10 events. The person with the highest total is the current points leader. Then again, I havea hard time adding past 10 so I might be wrong. </font color>

Thanx for any help! <font color="blue"> Don't know if this helps, but you're welcome </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Eric

Rich R.
10-25-2004, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Then again, I have a hard time adding past 10 so I might be wrong. <hr /></blockquote>
Eric, you should be able to count up to 11, at least. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW, I think you are correct, about the running total for the last 10 events.

landshark77
10-25-2004, 07:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

<font color="blue">Buy a friggin calculator /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Got some cash I can borrow? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
10-25-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>

Got some cash I can borrow? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Where would you like me to send the $5.49 ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric

Eric.
10-25-2004, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Then again, I have a hard time adding past 10 so I might be wrong. <hr /></blockquote>
Eric, you should be able to count up to 11, at least. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW, I think you are correct, about the running total for the last 10 events. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich,

I can count past 10 if I take my shoes off. Geez!

Eric &gt;1,2,3...

Rich R.
10-25-2004, 08:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I can count past 10 if I take my shoes off. Geez! <hr /></blockquote>
So, you are good, until you want to count past 21. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

landshark77
10-25-2004, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Will you also pay for the calculator lessons? I spent all my money on the computer lessons. And I know I would need the lessons..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SPetty
10-25-2004, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> I spent all my money on the computer lessons. <hr /></blockquote>You were robbed if they didn't teach you about the
Start-&gt;Programs-&gt;Accessories-&gt;Calculator command! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

landshark77
10-25-2004, 04:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> You were robbed if they didn't teach you about the
Start-&gt;Programs-&gt;Accessories-&gt;Calculator command! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Shhhhhhhh! I'm tryin' to score some money! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
10-26-2004, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Will you also pay for the calculator lessons? I spent all my money on the computer lessons. And I know I would need the lessons..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Isn't there a guy on TV giving away a "free" how to CD (plus $9.95 shipping and handling) for just that?

Eric &gt;thinks I'm being taken for a ride

landshark77
10-26-2004, 07:11 AM
So I'm getting $15.44 total? $5.49 for the calculator and $9.95 S&amp;H for my "free" CD? I'd rather have the lessons. IMO, those CD's aren't all they are cracked up to be. I mean half the time they don't work. I got one one time and I put it in my car CD player and nothing played. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think they are a scam. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eric.
10-26-2004, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> So I'm getting $15.44 total? $5.49 for the calculator and $9.95 S&amp;H for my "free" CD? <font color="blue"> You're starting to sound like my ex wife </font color> I'd rather have the lessons <font color="blue">Step 1-locate the ON/OFF button and press it. Step 2- punch in the numbers you're crunching. Step 3- Locate the proper "action" button for the numbers you're crunching. Step 4- use the "=" button to get your results. This concludes your training. If this doesn't make sense, put the calculator away as you are too F-ing stupid to work this instrument. (kiddin /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif) </font color> . IMO, those CD's aren't all they are cracked up to be. I mean half the time they don't work. I got one one time and I put it in my car CD player and nothing played. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think they are a scam. <font color="blue"> Ya think? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Eric &gt;just funnin'

landshark77
10-26-2004, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> If this doesn't make sense, put the calculator away as you are too F-ing stupid to work this instrument. (kiddin /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif)
<hr /></blockquote>

Dude, that is so why I came here for help! Now I kinda feel like we have been sing that song about the whole in my bucket. We got nowhere! I am still soooo lost! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif