PDA

View Full Version : spam email from 1 of the pool boards

Perk
10-25-2004, 04:16 AM
I am guessing they got my email address from one of the forums...here is the wording of it incase anyone else didnt get it...:)

"good day sir
good day sir i am joseph ijaola olalekan from nigeria am also a good pool player i played pool as my only work cos in nigeria thier are many pool player who are seeking for sponsorer to get them out of there and play outside so sir i will appriciate it if u can reply to this mail and let,s talk about money ,cos when u will come for me i will tell u what we use in playing pool here
we dont play pool with just ordinary brain or hands searching for freeshoot means noting to us here
but we got something that we use here which is a charm when u contact me i will let u know about it u can use it and u will win the next compitition it,s a powder u will rub it over ur face and anybody that is suppose to plasy with u will ask u what u want him to play and u will command him to play anything he sees on the board and he will , so let get started to know each other u will enjoy taking me as ur pool [STUDENT] while i will also enjoy taking u as my [POOL COACH] till then remain blessed"

BooBoo
10-25-2004, 04:54 AM
I get e-mail from there too, but in this case he is a lawyer wanting me to sign documents because someone with my last name died and has an estate worth millions. You have to give them A for effort!

trailboss
10-25-2004, 06:17 AM
Yep, I can just envision the next Archer vs Strickland match... Earl walks in with Tarsan shorts on with white powder on his face and his cue has feathers attached to it! I think Archer would forfiet and get the heck out of there! I know I would. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
10-25-2004, 07:03 AM
This is actually posted on the Inside Pool forum. The guy posted it himself. I dunno. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman2
10-25-2004, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> I am guessing they got my email address from one of the forums...here is the wording of it incase anyone else didnt get it...:)

"good day sir
good day sir i am joseph ijaola olalekan from nigeria am also a good pool player i played pool as my only work cos in nigeria thier are many pool player who are seeking for sponsorer to get them out of there and play outside so sir i will appriciate it if u can reply to this mail and let,s talk about money ,cos when u will come for me i will tell u what we use in playing pool here
we dont play pool with just ordinary brain or hands searching for freeshoot means noting to us here
but we got something that we use here which is a charm when u contact me i will let u know about it u can use it and u will win the next compitition it,s a powder u will rub it over ur face and anybody that is suppose to plasy with u will ask u what u want him to play and u will command him to play anything he sees on the board and he will , so let get started to know each other u will enjoy taking me as ur pool [STUDENT] while i will also enjoy taking u as my [POOL COACH] till then remain blessed" <hr /></blockquote>

Perk,

O.K. Fess up. How did the powder work? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman

Perk
10-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Secrets out..you got me...look for me at the next tourney with a powdered face, heck might as well use the cream.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tateuts
10-25-2004, 09:48 AM
They get my e-mail addess from E-Bay. If I'm selling something they ask "will you ship overseas?" and if you respond they get your e-mail address and contact you a few weeks later.

You can now block your e-mail address on e-bay and i recommend this when communicating with zero or low feedback users.

Chris