Bush would seek $70 billion more for Iraq, Afghan wars
Occupation more costly, longer lasting than anticipated

Bush would seek $70 billion more for Iraq, Afghan wars
Occupation more costly, longer lasting than anticipated

Jonathan Weisman, Thomas E. Ricks, Washington Post

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

* Printable Version
* Email This Article

Washington -- The Bush administration intends to seek about $70 billion in emergency funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan early next year, pushing total war costs close to $225 billion since the invasion of Iraq early last year, Pentagon and congressional officials said Monday.

White House budget office spokesman Chad Kolton emphasized that final decisions on the supplemental spending request will not be made until shortly before the request is sent to Congress. That may not happen until early February, when President Bush submits his budget for fiscal 2006, assuming he wins re-election.

Why so much more money?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

full story (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/10/26/MNG659G4LM1.DTL)

eg8r
10-27-2004, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why so much more money?? <hr /></blockquote> We are employing too many Americans over there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif We should outsource some of the work to France and Germany, but then Kerry would be 100% against the government for sending jobs overseas. At the exact same point, Kerry would be for it 100% because he does not want us to go at it unilaterally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-27-2004, 05:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>

...Why so much more money?? <hr /></blockquote>

Haliburton stock needs a boost, according to renowned world affairs expert Michael "Lard-ass, I'm too cool to wear decent clothes" Moore.

hondo
10-27-2004, 06:44 AM
My wife &amp; I are going to see MM tonight. We
are looking forward to seeing the corporate
cop or "old lard ass" as you put it.