PDA

View Full Version : The New Kid "Lee H" BCA PRO EVENT

cheesemouse
05-17-2002, 11:00 AM
How about this guy anyway??? He's going thru champions like a hot butter knife thru butter. I hate to be a name dropper but I've know this kid since he was 15yrs old. He moved to the Cities about two years ago and fine tuned what was already a strong game. He is the real deal. Not only a natural ball striker but plum full of knowledge about the game. He is quite and deadly. Good for you Lee......

05-18-2002, 08:59 AM
Didn't he live in Rapid City, SD a couple years back, Believe I played him in a local tourney out there.And he was very strong at that time.

05-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Watched a few of the matches in Vegas and was most impressed by Lee. In his match with Buddy H., he was very calm and unruffled, even though there seemed to be a racking controversy (Buddy required a tournament director to rack). Buddy makes a nice comeback, but Lee then calmly got up and ran out the last two racks to take the match. I also noticed that he lost his two matches "hill hill". The kid is obviously no fluke. I'm really impressed that a player who has probably never played in a pro tournament to do that well. I really thought that he had a chance to go to the finals....

Maybe next time,

regards,

Doug

Rip
05-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Buddy prefers to have someone else rack rather than hoist the Sardo due to his back problems. It certainly ain't 'cause he's so dainty! LOL! Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: salamander:</font><hr> Watched a few of the matches in Vegas and was most impressed by Lee. In his match with Buddy H., he was very calm and unruffled, even though there seemed to be a racking controversy (Buddy required a tournament director to rack). Buddy makes a nice comeback, but Lee then calmly got up and ran out the last two racks to take the match. I also noticed that he lost his two matches "hill hill". The kid is obviously no fluke. I'm really impressed that a player who has probably never played in a pro tournament to do that well. I really thought that he had a chance to go to the finals....

Maybe next time,

regards,

Doug <hr></blockquote>

05-18-2002, 07:28 PM
Yes, he lived in Rapid till he was around 22 or 23. His parents still live there. I meant him when he was still wet behind the ears but he could make anything and I found out he was unusual in the respect that at 16 years old he knew more about system pool and general pool book learning than most seasoned serious players. He struggled with an attitude problem and the lack of social skills but then what teenager doesn't. He was nearly unbeatable by the time he was 18 in that neck of the woods. I've played him many times in 't' matches and casaully. When he gets a break going on a 9 footer he can flat string racks. He is quiet and very business like when down playing serious pool and nothing will distract him, obviously not champions. If he goes for it in the profession ranks he will be a force delux. Very focused, a super power game and his safty play is stellar so if you force him into the weeds you ain't going to like it. I wish him all the luck and hope he doesn't get in the wrong crowd. He is also very intelligent. He has the whole package and will be an postive force in pro billiards. Good for him. I know his dad will be proud of his success.

cheesemouse
05-18-2002, 07:32 PM
That was my post above. I forgot to login. Da!!!

05-19-2002, 08:11 AM
Wow! I can't wait to see this kid in action, just from the posts he's generated! Sounds like an all around nice guy. Let's hope his moral compass stays due north. Good Luck Lee!

05-19-2002, 02:38 PM
cheesemouse,

I've also known Lee since his mid-teens. He used to practice most afternoons, after school, at the Far East Network (FEN) radio/tv snack bar, located on Clark AB, Philippines. His dad Leo was stationed there at the time. I don't remember his game being influenced by the great Filipino players; he simply aquired a passion for the game because of its popularity at Clark AB and the surrounding area. He was still new to the game; I believe his game started to "come together" once his family moved to South Dakota. He's always been a great, clean-living kid; he deserves to do well as a pro. Last year, he won the BCA men's masters division 8-ball event at the same venue. Congratulations Lee, maybe I'll see you back in the Philippines. I hear they've been practicing too.