PDA

View Full Version : Here come the lawsuits....

eg8r
10-27-2004, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Democrats in Florida already are pursuing nine election-related lawsuits, accusing state election officials of conspiring to disenfranchise minority voters.
Led by the Florida Democratic Party, the People for the American Way, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees and the AFL-CIO, the lawsuits target, among others, Florida Secretary of State Glenda Hood, who was appointed by Republican Gov. Jeb Bush, President Bush's brother.
The suits say Republican officials refused to count provisional ballots, improperly disqualified incomplete voter registrations, established overly restrictive rules to disproportionately hurt minority voters and actively sought to disenfranchise blacks. ...

One suit challenges a ruling by Mrs. Hood to throw out forms on which new voters had failed to check a box indicating whether they were U.S. citizens, and another argued that although only 17 percent of the voters in Broward County and 20 percent in Miami-Dade County were black, more than a third of the voter-registration forms that were determined to be incomplete and invalid in both counties involved black voters.

<hr /></blockquote> LOL, I crack up at this stuff. The black voters are not even seeing what is happening to them. Their democratic leaders are making these people look like complete idiots and the black voters keep lining up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif One of the gripes is that the forms that were not completely filled out correctly were disqualified. No kidding, if they don't fill it out correctly, they won't count? When is the black community going to decide it is time to grow up and be responsible for their own actions. If you are mentally incapable of correctly filling out a voter registration card, I really don't think you should be allowed to participate in the election of our next president. This does not matter what color you are. Since there are deadlines for these types of things, it is correct to have disqualified these people.

Here is a link (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041027-123332-5663r.htm) to the whole story.

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Bush's campaign manager, Ken Mehlman, yesterday predicted that Mr. Kerry would employ "fraud, intimidation and lawsuits" in an attempt to overturn a Bush victory on Tuesday. <hr /></blockquote> This should not be a secret to anyone. The democrats explicitly state they will do this, EVEN IF THERE IS NO EVIDENCE. The entire DNC has decided that if they appear to be losing, then it would be in their best interests to LIE LIE LIE!!!! What a great group to vote for.

eg8r

Qtec
10-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Dont you think its ironic that the country who has dedicated itself to spreading Democracy around the world cant even hold an honest and fair election of its own?

GW stole the last election. You cant blame the DEMs for trying to prevent it happening again.

As for the poor dumb blacks being allowed to vote!!!! I,m sure old people might have trouble voting as well. Should they also be denied their voice?
If you believe in freedom, you must believe in democracy, ie one man, one vote- for EVERYBODY.

Q

eg8r
10-27-2004, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont you think its ironic that the country who has dedicated itself to spreading Democracy around the world cant even hold an honest and fair election of its own?
<hr /></blockquote> I am not sure what you are talking about. What is not fair about our election process?

[ QUOTE ]
GW stole the last election. <hr /></blockquote> It is a lie and you know it. Only a fool would truly believe otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]
You cant blame the DEMs for trying to prevent it happening again.

<hr /></blockquote> Prevent what from happening?

[ QUOTE ]
As for the poor dumb blacks being allowed to vote!!!! I,m sure old people might have trouble voting as well. Should they also be denied their voice?
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, you crack me up. I sometimes think, you would be the one person that screwed up on purpose just to have reason to cry wolf. Who said dumb blacks, YOU! I think it is a shame that the blacks are lining up allowing their dem leaders to portray them that way.

As far as your statment about being denied their voice, that is bull and you know it. EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWS THE RULES GETS TO VOTE. If you are unable to correctly follow the rules then I am sorry, but that is your voice. Your voice is, you are unable to follow some simple rules, just accept it and move on. But NOOOOO, the race baiting dems think it is disenfranchisement.

[ QUOTE ]
If you believe in freedom, you must believe in democracy, ie one man, one vote- for EVERYBODY. <hr /></blockquote> This is ridiculous. You are trying to push your definition of "freedom" on everyone. Sorry but you are so wrong you can't even see it. We do not hold a true democratic vote, I thought after all these years, you would have at least allowed that much to sink in, surely you don't think that is partisan. There are states that do not allow convicted felons to vote, if you cannot follow the rules, you cannot vote.

eg8r

Popcorn
10-27-2004, 09:25 AM
It can be really silly at times. They meet at the local church, load these people in buses and take them to the polls and tell them who to vote for. Their votes are worthless as far as expressing the will of the people. They will vote for who ever their local leaders or ministers tell them to vote for. It is just short of fraud. I truly don't believe everybody should vote if you have no idea what you are voting for.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-27-2004, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> GW stole the last election. <hr /></blockquote>

Every, let me repeat EVERY recount, including those done by the media, showed Bush had more votes than Gore.

That is just a fact. Care to argue?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> As for the poor dumb blacks being allowed to vote!!!! I,m sure old people might have trouble voting as well. Should they also be denied their voice?
<hr /></blockquote>

It is legal for a voter to have someone accompany them to the voting booth for assistance. How much easier do we have to make it?

If the registration form is not filled out properly you should not be allowed to vote. That is the law.

It's really not that hard to register and vote. If you make it any easier you make it harder to detect fraud.

Fair_Play
10-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Q is right, the Republicans stole the last election!

That is so freakin obvious - it is because the democrats were too feeble minded to fill in the forms, and the dem layers too stupid to do their job - the fact that no independent (or, for that matter, dependent) agency was or has been able to show that the election was 'stolen' has nothing to do with it!!

This time it will be different, especially if GW 'wins'. Heck, John Fonda Kerry Heinz has already declared victory, for starters!! They gonna get it right!! "Is this where I get me a huntin license?"

Fair Play

Chopstick
10-27-2004, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fair_Play:</font><hr>

- the fact that no independent (or, for that matter, dependent) agency was or has been able to show that the election was 'stolen' has nothing to do with it!!

Fair Play <hr /></blockquote>

The State of Florida did have the ballets counted again after everything was settled. They took a month to do it. The media didn't make much of it but poeple who live here know about it.

Bush won fair and square and that's the end of it.

Ross
10-27-2004, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
If the registration form is not filled out properly you should not be allowed to vote. That is the law.
<hr /></blockquote>

It's funny how each side has selective memories. In 2000, the Bush people brought in high-powered lawyers working around the clock to convince Florida courts to count the overseas military vote even when they were not filled out properly, not signed, or otherwise did not meet the legal requirements for voting. And they got all self-righteous about it, arguing that they were "protecting the rights of our brave soldiers." In reality, the Repubs only brought the lawsuits in the Republican dominated counties and did not fight for any overseas military votes in the Democratic dominated counties. I don't fault them for doing that - it was good strategy. But anyone who thinks they weren't just trying to boost Repub votes has their head up their axx.

So, IMO, it is hypocritical if either side pretends they don't use lawyers to try to fight for maximizing the vote count for their own party. There have been dozens of legal challenges of voting procedures made by Republicans around the country in the last couple of months. And I think keeping legal scrutiny on the process is fine, as long as the courts stay non-partisan about it. If the law says a ballot shouldn't count but it is counted than I expect the other side to challenge it. And vice versa. In close elections it makes sense that questionable issues like hanging chads, etc., will be decided in the courts. Each side -- Republicans and Democrats -- bring their best arguments and hopefully impartial judges will make their decisions. Then we accept those decisions and move on. It is the way a Democracy based on an adversarial legal system is supposed to work.

Just please don't get all self-righteous about it.

Qtec
10-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Quote Wally,
[ QUOTE ]
Every, let me repeat EVERY recount, including those done by the media, showed Bush had more votes than Gore.

That is just a fact. Care to argue? <hr /></blockquote>

Do you know what a fact is? Try doing a google with "who won Florida".

For example,
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/111201a.html

The Actual Findings

While that was the tone of coverage in these leading news outlets, it’s still a bit jarring to go outside the articles and read the actual results of the statewide review of 175,010 disputed ballots.

“Full Review Favors Gore,” the Washington Post said in a box on page 10, showing that under all standards applied to the ballots, Gore came out on top. The New York Times' graphic revealed the same outcome.

Earlier, less comprehensive ballot studies by the Miami Herald and USA Today had found that Bush and Gore split the four categories of disputed ballots depending on what standard was applied to assessing the ballots – punched-through chads, hanging chads, etc. Bush won under two standards and Gore under two standards.

The new, fuller study found that Gore won regardless of which standard was applied and even when varying county judgments were factored in. Counting fully punched chads and limited marks on optical ballots, Gore won by 115 votes. With any dimple or optical mark, Gore won by 107 votes. With one corner of a chad detached or any optical mark, Gore won by 60 votes. Applying the standards set by each county, Gore won by 171 votes.

This core finding of Gore’s Florida victory in the unofficial ballot recount might surprise many readers who skimmed only the headlines and the top paragraphs of the articles. The headlines and leads highlighted hypothetical, partial recounts that supposedly favored Bush.

Buried deeper in the stories or referenced in subheads was the fact that the new recount determined that Gore was the winner statewide, even ignoring the “butterfly ballot” and other irregularities that cost him thousands of ballots.

The news organizations opted for the pro-Bush leads by focusing on two partial recounts that were proposed – but not completed – in the chaotic, often ugly environment of last November and December.

The new articles make much of Gore’s decision to seek recounts in only four counties and the Florida Supreme Court’s decision to examine only “undervotes,” those rejected by voting machines for supposedly lacking a presidential vote. A recurring undercurrent in the articles is that Gore was to blame for his defeat, even if he may have actually won the election.
<hr /></blockquote>

So that pretty much blows your statement,
" Every, let me repeat EVERY recount, including those done by the media, showed Bush had more votes than Gore.
That is just a fact. Care to argue?"

...... to smithereens. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Shot down in flames" would be the most appropriate term. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif your arguement just jumped out the plane without a parachute. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have you EVER tried to cross check your assumptions?
I think not.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
10-27-2004, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>

...In close elections it makes sense that questionable issues like hanging chads, etc., will be decided in the courts. Each side -- Republicans and Democrats -- bring their best arguments and hopefully impartial judges will make their decisions. Then we accept those decisions and move on.....
<hr /></blockquote>

too bad the Dems never "moved on" after 2000 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-27-2004, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

"Shot down in flames" would be the most appropriate term. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif your arguement just jumped out the plane without a parachute. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think not.

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

Q I don't really have time to search the web for every bit of evidence of every subject. I watched as the recounts unfolded and they all showed Bush the winner.

Just because "consortium news", whatever the hell that is, prints it on their website does not mean it is true.

and please don't bother copying and pasting more extremely long articles from your left-wing sources. You won't convince me. Sorry. Call me pig-headed if you wish. I really don't care.

hondo
10-27-2004, 12:02 PM
GOOD LORD, Wally's right! It's a big one, Elizabeth,
I'm coming home!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>

...In close elections it makes sense that questionable issues like hanging chads, etc., will be decided in the courts. Each side -- Republicans and Democrats -- bring their best arguments and hopefully impartial judges will make their decisions. Then we accept those decisions and move on.....
<hr /></blockquote>

too bad the Dems never "moved on" after 2000 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ross
10-27-2004, 12:52 PM
You are right, a lot of Dems are still burned about that. I imagine a lot of Repubs would be as well if the ruling ultimately went against their guy.

But personally I moved on and accepted the results. My reasoning was that, for all intents and purposes, the vote in Florida was a virtual tie. The actual percentage was the same for Bush and Gore to the 4th significant digit. So you could flip a coin or whatever. One side or the other was going to be mad and feel screwed. Some decisions about borderline cases had to be made, the various courts made their decisions. I think the Supreme Court made theirs based in large part on partisanship, but that often happens when the law is not 100% clearcut. I wish we had more Dem leaning Justices, but we didn't.

It is true that less than 1/2 of the US voters nationwide voted for Bush, but we knew the rules of the electoral college going in. Just like in a pool tournament - if everybody knows the rules ahead of time, then there is not a lot of room for complaining just because you don't like the outcome.

Let's forget about 2000 and move on to disputing the 2004 election! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

crawdaddio
10-27-2004, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

I think not.

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

Q I don't really have time to search the web for every bit of evidence of every subject. I watched as the recounts unfolded and they all showed Bush the winner.

Just because "consortium news", whatever the hell that is, prints it on their website does not mean it is true.

and please don't bother copying and pasting more extremely long articles from your left-wing sources. You won't convince me. Sorry. Call me pig-headed if you wish. I really don't care. <hr /></blockquote>

You basically challenged him to try to prove you wrong, and when he did, all you can do is tell him not to bother, and you don't care? Not a very convincing argument, Wally. JMO.

Peace
~DC

pooltchr
10-27-2004, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

One suit challenges a ruling by Mrs. Hood to throw out forms on which new voters had failed to check a box indicating whether they were U.S. citizens..... more than a third of the voter-registration forms that were determined to be incomplete and invalid in both counties involved black voters<hr /></blockquote>

The thing of it is, properly registering to vote is not a difficult thing. If someone of ANY COLOR is not smart enough to correctly fill out a simple form, are the capable of making an intelligent choice as to who should be the leader of the most powerful country in the world?
I hate to be politically incorrect...but the sad fact is there are an awful lot of people out there who are too damn stupid to be allowed to vote!!!!! Unfortunately, we can't stop them, and there are those who will herd them like sheep for their own personal gain. It's a good thing voters don't have to explain why they are making a choice...I would bet the majority couldn't begin to make that explanation. That's why we get such mediocraty in our elected officials.

Qtec
10-28-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nov 2002

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A computer glitch in South Florida's Broward County caused 103,222 ballots not to be counted on election night, but the missing votes did not affect the outcome of any races, county officials said Thursday.

The Broward County Election Department said the software error was discovered between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. Wednesday, revising voter turnout from 35 percent to 45 percent once the votes were counted.

Broward County, north of Miami, includes Fort Lauderdale and was the center of controversy over votes cast using a punch card voting system in the 2000 presidential election.

<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]

Today.

Florida ballot papers go missing

Tens of thousands of postal ballots in the US state of Florida have not been delivered, sparking fresh concern over irregularities in the poll campaign.
Some 60,000 absentee ballots were despatched by authorities in Broward County, north of Miami, this month.

However, only 2,000 of them have been delivered.

Florida was the centre of controversies which delayed the result in 2000, with George W Bush eventually declared the winner of the state by 537 votes.

'Beyond our control'

A police investigation into the missing ballots has not uncovered any sign of criminal wrongdoing.

Meanwhile, the US postal service inspectorate said it was highly unlikely that 58,000 pieces of mail just disappeared.

A spokesman said inspectors were trying to establish whether the ballots were ever delivered to the postal service.

Broward County election official Gisela Salas said the situation was "something beyond our control".

"We really have no idea what's going on," she told the Associated Press

<hr /></blockquote>

Is it just coincidence or deliberate incompetence?

Q

eg8r
10-28-2004, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just coincidence or deliberate incompetence? <hr /></blockquote> Is what coincidence...One quote talks about a software problem that was remedied, and the other talks about lost mail.

Are you making any sense? Like usual, nope.

eg8r

Qtec
10-28-2004, 05:15 AM
What happened to your theory, "there,s no smoke without fire"?
How do you lose 58,000 ballots? The post office says they never recieved them! Are they lying?

I hate to say it but there are 3rd world countries who have better organized elections! This isnt an election, its a circus!

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
10-28-2004, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I hate to say it but there are 3rd world countries who have better organized elections! This isnt an election, its a circus!

Q <hr /></blockquote>

you sure have a lot of f**king nerve

hondo
10-28-2004, 05:46 AM
That says it all ,folks. We're all just p...ing
in the wind here. I like to post anyway until snobs
like egg insult my state.

and please don't bother copying and pasting more extremely long articles from your left-wing sources. You won't convince me. Sorry. Call me pig-headed if you wish. I really don't care. <hr /></blockquote>

You basically challenged him to try to prove you wrong, and when he did, all you can do is tell him not to bother, and you don't care? Not a very convincing argument, Wally. JMO.

Peace
~DC <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
10-28-2004, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr>

Peace
~DC <hr /></blockquote>

He didn't prove anything. This was my response:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>Just because consortium news prints it on their website does not mean it is true.
<hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn
10-28-2004, 06:20 AM
" How do you lose 58,000 ballots?"

Because it is not true. 58000 have been sent out and 14000 were returned only yesterday completed. Just because the people requested absentee ballots does not mean they will use them. Many may have decided to vote in person now with the early voting. Some will never be returned by the voter for what ever reason and many will arrive in the next day or two. The truth is, none of them are lost, it is a contrived story. In my opinion the people calling to say they did not get their ballots are lying. It is a preemptive campaign to set up a later challenge if they don't like the final result by whoever did it. It takes nothing to call and say I did not get my ballot. It is a phony story, a few people call and say they did not get their ballots and the news concludes all have been lost, yet ballots are coming in every day completed. They are going to send out about 20,000 replacement ballots over night delivery just to make people happy but it is really a waste of time and money, no ballots have been lost.

crawdaddio
10-28-2004, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr>

Peace
~DC <hr /></blockquote>

He didn't prove anything. This was my response:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>Just because consortium news prints it on their website does not mean it is true.
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

The source articles were: The Washington Post and The New York Times. Don't believe it if you don't want to.....

~DC&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Imagining Wally with hands over ears "Lalalala, I don't hear you....."

Wally_in_Cincy
10-28-2004, 10:26 AM
To me, the wording of the article he pasted from consortium news is ambiguous in regard to the standards they applied to the ballots. Nor do I have the time or the inclination to look up past issues of those newspapers to see if these things were actually printed there.

I remember reading the stories of the recounts done by The Miami Herald and others and every one showed Bush as the winner to the best of my recollection.

I guess it doesn't really matter that much now though does it.

eg8r
10-28-2004, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What happened to your theory, "there,s no smoke without fire"?
<hr /></blockquote> What theory are you talking about?

eg8r

eg8r
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is a preemptive campaign ... <hr /></blockquote> You are absolutely correct, it says so in their manual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Q does not care about the facts, and ever furthermore he has very little regard for the truth. If he is being serious by posting this, then all replies will be fruitless. He has no desire to understand the system, just a desire to tear it down every chance he gets.

eg8r

Qtec
10-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Popcorn, if all those people [ 100,s] are lying, tomorrow in the news, all will be revealed. There is no way you can keep a seceret that big.

Q

Qtec
10-28-2004, 11:12 AM
You noticed.!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
10-28-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to be politically incorrect...but the sad fact is there are an awful lot of people out there who are too damn stupid to be allowed to vote!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

....but the sad fact is there are an awful lot of people out there who are too damn stupid to be allowed to run for public office", but they do...and they get elected.!!!!

Whats good for the goose...etc

Q

Popcorn
10-28-2004, 11:23 AM
I live in Broward county. The actual number of complaints about not receiving ballots is less then 200. Even if there is no sinister plot, of 58000, to have less then 200 not show up is an acceptable number. It can easily be due to incorrect or incomplete addresses provided by the voters themselves. It is a non story.

You know, I had to add this. I see the people interviewed who say they did not get their ballots and when you see them interviewed you are not surprised. They always seem to be old people or not so well spoken people who look like they would mess up getting their ballots. I have yet to see a sharp looking guy in a suit saying he did not get one. just an observation.

Qtec
10-28-2004, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you sure have a lot of f**king nerve
<hr /></blockquote>

Tell me ONE thing that GW, DC and DR said in the run up to the Iraq invasion that can be proven as a fact.
You should be able to come up with at least 20 accusations made by this admin that were true. Otherwise GW took the US to war based on rumour and heresay.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BTW, it took me 5 minutes to repute your original point. Google is a wonder. Try using it sometime.

Qtec
10-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Dont take it personally, even if it is meant that way.

Q [ sounds better in Dutch /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif]

je moet het niet personlijk aannemem, zelfs als het zo bedoeld is.

[ i can speak the language , but my spelling and grammer is s##t. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif]

Wally_in_Cincy
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BTW, it took me 5 minutes to repute your original point. Google is a wonder. Try using it sometime.
<hr /></blockquote>

You're a klootzak

IMO

Qtec
10-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Bill Clinton? Whitewater affair? etc, etc. Iraq, Saddam, WMDs etc, etc......

Lets say an Arab visits Iraq[ pre-war] to see family members and stays two days. After that he moves on to Afghanistan where he joins the Taliban.
When the Admin says this is proof that Saddam is in league with Al Q[ whoever they might be] you say, "right on. What more proof do you need?"

Here we have two massive mistakes/glitches??? in the same county and you dont see any connection.
Your conclusions are dictated by your beliefs, not facts.
Thats a fact.

Q

Osama has never claime resposibility for 9/11. why not?

Its a good question.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-28-2004, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Popcorn, if all those people [ 100,s] are lying, tomorrow in the news, all will be revealed. There is no way you can keep a seceret that big.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

A lot of these people make this stuff up about "voter disenfranchisement" just to get their mugs on tv.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-28-2004, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

Your conclusions are dictated by your beliefs, not facts.

<hr /></blockquote>

Your conclusions are dictated by your inordinate hatred of Dubya.

eg8r
10-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Q, sit back and take in a deep breath, and then next time try to do your best to just answer the question. What was this theory of mine you mentioned?

eg8r

Qtec
10-28-2004, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

You're a klootzak

IMO <hr /></blockquote>

"je ben een kootzak'is the correct phrase. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally, if you are incapable of arguing a point without getting personal, why dont you shut the [censored] up? You are acting like a moron.
You're not doing yourself any favours.

Q [ excuse my French]

It needed to be said.

nhp
10-29-2004, 01:39 AM
I say we stop dwelling on the past about the 2000 election, because no matter what evidence someone presents, there is evidence from the other side to counter it.

I'm sure this election people will be keeping a very close eye on it. Personally I don't really care who wins, as I've said before, I don't like Bush nor Kerry, I think they are both very poor candidates who have no regard for other people besides the ones close to them. I think Kerry is the lesser of two evils, but that is not saying much. The ONLY reason why I think Kerry is the lesser of two evils is because I have seen convincing evidence that he was heroic in the Vietnam War, while at the same time Bush was heroically guzzling gallons of beer thru a beer-bong. Otherwise all I see between the two guys is that they are both jackasses. On the rich snooty snob level, Kerry is much worse. Oh well. I still can't decide if I'm gonna vote or not. Someone tell me what you are supposed to do when you dislike both candidates. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
10-29-2004, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone tell me what you are supposed to do when you dislike both candidates. <hr /></blockquote> This is a tough call, but I think protocol is to vote for the incumbent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
10-29-2004, 05:18 AM
[quote=Qtec

....but the sad fact is there are an awful lot of people out there who are too damn stupid to be allowed to run for public office", but they do...and they get elected.!!!!

Whats good for the goose...etc

Q <hr /></blockquote>
I can't argue that point (Damn!!! I agree with Q?????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
But what does that have to do with the thread???

pooltchr
10-29-2004, 05:22 AM
[quote=crawdaddio

The source articles were: The Washington Post and The New York Times. <hr /></blockquote>

Is that the same NY Times that joined CBS in creating this latest "News" story about the "missing" explosives??? I'm sure they would only print accurate and unbiased news. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r
10-29-2004, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But what does that have to do with the thread??? <hr /></blockquote> LOL, it does not even matter how often this is pointed out, Q does not bother himself with subject matter. Whatever is in his head just flushes out into the thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r

cheesemouse
10-29-2004, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh well. I still can't decide if I'm gonna vote or not. <hr /></blockquote>

Please decide to VOTE. It is a rewarding experience, kind of like running a nice rack of balls. You get that warm fuzzy feeling, it's kind of personal...LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Someone tell me what you are supposed to do when you dislike both candidates. <hr /></blockquote>

It's a no brainer. If the guy can't make you happy in four years what are the chances he will make you happy with four more years? Even if Kerry is not too your liking what have you got to lose by rolling the dice on a new guy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross
10-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Steve, recent public statements by Bush and Rummy plus video footage of the site in April '03 suggest that it was the conservative media like Drudge that were biased and incorrect on this issue. To avoid hijacking this thread I just posted about this topic under the "feeling safer" thread.

Deeman2
10-29-2004, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> Bush was heroically guzzling gallons of beer thru a beer-bong. <hr /></blockquote>

And there's something wrong with that?

Fair_Play
10-29-2004, 10:31 AM
and Kerry was in Cambodia receiving amorous attention from a water buffalo (using naval catsup as a lubricant).

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif No beer in that bong!

Fair Play

Qtec
10-29-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But what does that have to do with the thread???
<hr /></blockquote>

What does you asking me about what my post has to do with the thread, have to do with the thread??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifLOL

I,m sure a couple of posts questioned the right to vote based on intelligence.

Q