PDA

View Full Version : AZB server slooooow today?

Cueless Joey
10-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Is it me or AZB is painfully slow today ( speed wise )?

woody_968
10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
I couldnt get it to load at all.

bsmutz
10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
I read a couple of the new threads, then gave up. It was taking forever, even to back up.

AzHousePro
10-27-2004, 06:01 PM
It is better now. Server needed a kick.

Mike

landshark77
10-28-2004, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Is it me or AZB is painfully slow today ( speed wise )? <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! I think we should put this thread on sticky...that away every other week a new one wouldn't have to be started.

rah
10-29-2004, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AzHousePro:</font><hr> It is better now. Server needed a kick.

Mike <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe you should take out all of that IP address information /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and the database may speed up after it shrinks. Just think about it - every post carries with it a field with an IP address - who needs this crap anyway. Ask some of your database friends how much this can slow up a database. Get the message yet? Go to the non-pool forum and read the memo to you about IP addresses.

AzHousePro
10-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I assure you that the speed problems are not based on one field in the database. I suspect they are memory leak issues stemming from the Windows OS that the server is running.

Yes, I saw the message about IP addresses. Anyone worried about identity theft because their IP address is known really needs to stop believing all of the horror stories they read on the net. Someone would have to hack into your ISP to get your SSN from your IP address and if they can hack into your ISP then then don't need your IP address to begin with.

Of course, that assumes that you have a decent firewall in place if you have a broadband connection. If you don't have a firewall in place, then your IP address being shown on this board is the least of your worries.

Besides, if I remove the IP addresses on AzB then you might find out that there is really no one else on the forums over there. It is just me posting as all of the different users because I like to stir up trouble and I have nothing better to do.

Mike

Wally_in_Cincy
11-19-2004, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Is it me or AZB is painfully slow today ( speed wise )? <hr /></blockquote>

I hate to bitch about something that is free but DAMN! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

it's virtually unusable

Fred Agnir
11-19-2004, 07:44 AM
It has never been anything but SLOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW for me not matter what system I'm using.

Fred &lt;~~~ Comcast Cable at home

Rich R.
11-19-2004, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> It has never been anything but SLOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW for me not matter what system I'm using.

Fred &lt;~~~ Comcast Cable at home <hr /></blockquote>
I've had the same experience.
Many days, I just give up trying. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bob
11-19-2004, 08:44 AM
I got timed out so many times trying to post, I gave up.

Popcorn
11-19-2004, 08:49 AM
I have a high speed connection and I have to be selective what I click on. The title has to draw me in or I won't click on it because it takes so long to load. I bet I miss a lot of interesting stuff . I would hate to have a dial up and try to read it. It always seems to be like that wait some days worse the others.

RUNaRAK
11-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Still dreadfully slow and I am on a T1 line. Kind of makes me crazy. Why do I torture myself on a daily basis.!! Oh yeah, because I love this game!! Hate the slow servers!

Joe

wolfdancer
11-19-2004, 01:26 PM
It is just me posting as all of the different users because I like to stir up trouble and I have nothing better to do.

I suspected as much lol
hey, great site Mike...thanks!!!!

daviddjmp
11-19-2004, 01:31 PM
I avoid going there because it is always slow, no matter what Internet connection I have-

buddha162
11-20-2004, 05:52 AM
I right click and open new windows when reading any forum. With AZ, I might step out and have a smoke first, and when I return---voila---20 threads ready to read.

-Roger

Cueless Joey
11-20-2004, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I right click and open new windows when reading any forum. With AZ, I might step out and have a smoke first, and when I return---voila---20 threads ready to read.

-Roger <hr /></blockquote>
Pics like this doesn't help either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Mike is working on speeding the site up I bet.
Thanks Mike.
It's not too bad today at all. Rings (http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=3440&amp;stc=1)

buddha162
11-21-2004, 03:20 AM
those rings are purty...

I like solid bands though, I think you posted one for someone else a while ago, it was somd kinda burl...

-Roger