PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen Juliette? (runaway)

Mom
10-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Our 17 year old daughter, Juliette Houtz, ran away from home last week. We're hoping someone has seen her. She took her cues with her so we figure she might be shooting pool somewhere. She's about 5'3" about 95 lbs, blond and shoots very well. If you see her, please call the police, she is listed as a runaway and they should handle it from there. Or call me at 717-608-1700. Thank you very much
Marilee Houtz

Barbara
10-27-2004, 03:04 PM
I would suggest that anyone who wants to respond to Marilee's post do so in a private msg.

And Juliette, if you're reading this msg, call me or email me. We can just talk, okay?

Barbara

PQQLK9
10-27-2004, 03:09 PM
http://www.whitepages.com/static/common/maps/PA.gif
I did an Area Code look up and it seems that you are in the Harrisburg or Lancaster Pa. vicinity. It might help if you can post a picture.
As a father of three daughters I certainly hope you find her soon.

Barbara
10-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Good call, Nick! I hope she doesn't wander up to NYC, too.

Juliette is a kick-ass pool player! She kicked my butt 7-1 last time I played her. Dang!! I wish I had half of her talent!!

Barbara

Mom
10-27-2004, 05:49 PM
There's actually a picture of her on page 64 of the Sept issue of Billiards Digest. She placed 3rd in the BCA Junior Nationals.

Barbara
10-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Any one from the Jax area please pm me.

Barbara

cuechick
10-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Maybe you can post a picture, and I hate to ask but how do you know she ran away? Have you checked her computer history...coud she have met someone on the internet?
I will keep an eye out and good luck.

Perk
10-27-2004, 08:06 PM
http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=67&photographernum=21&pic num=3830

Chris Cass
10-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Mom,

Find her friends and they'll know where she went. Sounds like you had a falling out. She's more than likely very close to home but away from what ever made her mad. Give her some time to cool off and when she's broke she'll call you. I'd check with her closest friends first. That's the key.

Regards and good luck repairing the relationship,

C.C.

Mom
10-28-2004, 07:58 PM
bump

landshark77
10-29-2004, 06:47 AM
Ma'am, I don't know you or your daughter, but since you came to this forum and no other I would speculate that she was a memeber of this forum? If this is the case maybe if you contact the admin they could tell you her last login time and the IP addy she logged in from. I was just thinking about your sistuation and came across this idea. I wish your family the best of luck.

Deeman2
10-29-2004, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mom:</font><hr> Our 17 year old daughter, Juliette Houtz, ran away from home last week. We're hoping someone has seen her. She took her cues with her so we figure she might be shooting pool somewhere. She's about 5'3" about 95 lbs, blond and shoots very well. If you see her, please call the police, she is listed as a runaway and they should handle it from there. Or call me at 717-608-1700. Thank you very much
Marilee Houtz <hr /></blockquote>

Marilee,

If, indeed, you are in the Harrisburg, PA. area, I have a 21 year old stepson there who plays pool locally. If you suspect she is near there, I would be happy to call him and ask him to check it out for you. If you prefer, I could put you into contact with him as well. Our prayers are with you.

Dee

Eric.
10-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Bump up.

Pizza Bob
10-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Mom:
I'm in Central NJ and made some posters for the local pool rooms to put behind their counters. If anyone wants one of these for the room(s) in your area, just PM me with your e-mail address. It is done in an Adobe Photoshop format and is just over one MB in size. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

DennyS
10-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Im happy to report that Juliette Houtz has been found. She enterd the tournament at E &amp; A Billiards in Milan Ohio. The sheriff came and took her. Hopefully everything will be fine with her and she can make up with her parents.

ChrisW
10-29-2004, 10:38 PM
I think a round of applause is in order here!

Way to go Denny!

candyman74
10-29-2004, 10:55 PM
i agree way to go Denny that is one mother that sleep a little better thanks to a post in a message board

Jimmy B
10-30-2004, 12:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DennyS:</font><hr> Im happy to report that Juliette Houtz has been found. She enterd the tournament at E &amp; A Billiards in Milan Ohio. The sheriff came and took her. <hr /></blockquote>

Hate to sound negative, but my guess is if she left and she's 17, chances are some sheriff "taking her" isn't going to insure she stays anywhere. I wish the family luck and I hope this opens some lines of communication and maybe they can figure out what the real issue is. I am also very sad to hear she ended up in such an awful place as Ohio, I hope she's not scarred for life.

JB

buddha162
10-30-2004, 03:32 AM
Great news. Hopefully things can be worked out from here, but what a fortunate ending to this episode. 17 year old girls cross-country pool-hall hopping can lead to very scary scenarios.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>I am also very sad to hear she ended up in such an awful place as Ohio, I hope she's not scarred for life.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hope this isn't too inappropriate, but LOL!

-Roger

cycopath
10-30-2004, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>Hate to sound negative...<hr /></blockquote>

Really? It seems to me that's all you ever give is negativity.

I mean really Jimbo, I don't think I've ever read a postitve post from you.

Cyco &lt;--- Hopes this doesn't sound negative

Chris Cass
10-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Cyco,

He an undertaker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

C.C.

Jimmy B
10-31-2004, 02:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>Hate to sound negative...<hr /></blockquote>

Really? It seems to me that's all you ever give is negativity.

I mean really Jimbo, I don't think I've ever read a postitve post from you.

Cyco &lt;--- Hopes this doesn't sound negative <hr /></blockquote>

I don't think you sound negative at all, I think most times you read whatever *you* want into someone's post. I guess I'm just a realist, I'm more concerned with the truth then making someone feel good about themselves no matter how far fetched it may be. But the facts are in my favor, you can easily see all of my posts and I'll bet you $1 if you go read them all that I have more positive then negative posts (here) :-D And many of the ones you may consider to be negative are meant to be read by certain people who know me and who take them the way they are intended. I guess I should be more like you and think that finding a 17 year old girl who ran away from home is a happy ending to a story and that things there are all better now, it's just not the way I see it or the way reality works. I guess life the way you view it is a much better universe.

JB

JimS
10-31-2004, 06:25 AM
I"ve dealt with a lot of runaways in my work and JimmyB is right on the money. It's not a fun thing to have to point out but it's right on the money and needs to be said so work can begin on the REAL problem (running away just being a symptom)

Why the poster feels the need to attack JimmyB might be something to investigate /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimmy B
10-31-2004, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> I"ve dealt with a lot of runaways in my work and JimmyB is right on the money. It's not a fun thing to have to point out but it's right on the money and needs to be said so work can begin on the REAL problem (running away just being a symptom)

Why the poster feels the need to attack JimmyB might be something to investigate /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You're just being negative Jim S.

JB

cycopath
11-01-2004, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>I guess life the way you view it is a much better universe.
<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, my family would die laughing if they read that statement about me. I'm about as negative a guy as you've ever met. I'm am truely a card carrying pessimist.

I am also a realist and being so I understand that this is probably just the first of many more times this girl will take off. That having been said, I don't feel the need to post my assumptions.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I pissed you or anyone else off. Somebody had just ran over my puppy so I was venting a little.

Cyco &lt;-- Lying about the puppy.

cycopath
11-01-2004, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr>Why the poster feels the need to attack JimmyB might be something to investigate /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If you are going to investigate me, you better bring an archeologist. I've got more bodies buried than Bill Clinton. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jimmy B
11-01-2004, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>
I'm about as negative a guy as you've ever met. I'm am truely a card carrying pessimist.

I am also a realist <hr /></blockquote>

If any of this were true then why the hell would you think that I was negative??? I can see you having an issue with me saying it, even if you agreed, but when someone makes something public (for whatever reason) it opens it up for comment good or bad IMO. Also I really did have a dog run over and I don't find that the least bit funny.

JB