PDA

View Full Version : Sox win it

cueball1950
10-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Congrats to the Red Sox..................mike

Kato
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
What a great day in life. My father has waited 61 years for this, me 33. It's fantastic.

So all you "Curse of the Bambino" people can put a sock in it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Cueless Joey
10-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Bud Selig fixed it.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Congrats to the Sox. $140 mil to win it though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
10-28-2004, 03:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> What a great day in life. My father has waited 61 years for this, me 33. It's fantastic.

So all you "Curse of the Bambino" people can put a sock in it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

One of the worst days in my life sports-wise. As a devoted YANKEE'S fan I couldnt think of a worse scenario. Its a dark day for me but I will close with this. I never wanna hear about "BUYING" titles with those payroll numbers again...its just what sports have come too.

Voodoo~~~off the 8 hour manditory suicide watch /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

catscradle
10-28-2004, 05:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>
One of the worst days in my life sports-wise. As a devoted YANKEE'S fan I couldnt think of a worse scenario. Its a dark day for me but I will close with this. I never wanna hear about "BUYING" titles with those payroll numbers again...its just what sports have come too.

Voodoo~~~off the 8 hour manditory suicide watch /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Voodoo,
Would it be better if the Sox had gone 4 and out instead of the other way around? How bad would that have made the Yankees look?
If the Sox win a couple more I'll recover from my years of being disappointed by them and return to being a fan like I was in '67. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
One last thing about the money, can you imagine having enough money to put that much up for a world series? What a life.
Congrats to a bunch of overpaid guys, that really did work hard despite being rich.

Deeman2
10-28-2004, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> What a great day in life. My father has waited 61 years for this, me 33. It's fantastic.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Congratualtions to all long suffering Sox fans everywhere. My Cardinals let me down but it was Boston's great play and amazing spirit that pulled them through. Even as Cards fan, I am glad to see they won it so decisively so no one can take the glory away.

I guess it was worth the wait, Huh?

Next Year...It starts all over.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman

9 Ball Girl
10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
That had to be the darkest day in my sports life. And just because I love you, Kato, I won't tell you where to put the sock! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here is my rendition of Ella Fitzgerald's song, At Last:

At last
Our win has come along
Our days of nineteen eighteen are over
And now it's two thousand four

Oh yeah, at last
The curse of the Bambino is thru
Manny and Pedro are rejoicing
'Cause they know their Daddies are too

We found a team
That we can bully
A team that we can now say