PDA

View Full Version : Mike Davis and his cue

trailboss
10-27-2004, 11:35 PM
I really enjoyed the World Summit of Pool. One thing that stood out was Mike's cue. It looked like a Valley Supreme with a stainless joint. Anyone know what it is? Thanks!

Jimmy B
10-28-2004, 02:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> I really enjoyed the World Summit of Pool. One thing that stood out was Mike's cue. It looked like a Valley Supreme with a stainless joint. Anyone know what it is? Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

He told me the guy's name but I forgot, it was some no name upstart out of PA, I had never heard of the guy. The one thing that stood out to me was the lack of tip he had on his playing cue, the thing was as thin as a dime and didn't even cover the whole ferrule, I tried to take a picture of it but it never came out clear.

JB

trailboss
10-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Thanks Jimmy, looks like you got a handle on this puppie. I have heard a few players prefer the dime shape and not too tall a tip to negate the rebound effect. The tip not covering the ferrule is a shocking revelation! I guess Mike likes it for some unknown reason. He was sure playing good with that cue!

rah
10-28-2004, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> I really enjoyed the World Summit of Pool. One thing that stood out was Mike's cue. It looked like a Valley Supreme with a stainless joint. Anyone know what it is? Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

Having played against Mike and after a conversation with him, you can be assured that his shaft is a Predator. He wouldn't shoot with any other as far as I know.

Doesn't this down play what kind of cue his was playing with?

Fred Agnir
10-28-2004, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> Thanks Jimmy, looks like you got a handle on this puppie. I have heard a few players prefer the dime shape and not too tall a tip to negate the rebound effect. The tip not covering the ferrule is a shocking revelation! <hr /></blockquote>It was as thin as a dime. It wasn't shaped like a dime.

The ferrule was starting to mushroom.

Fred