PDA

View Full Version : The Human Mind

9 Ball Girl
10-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch atCmabrigdeUinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in
the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorant!

Deeman2
10-29-2004, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch atCmabrigdeUinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in
the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorant! <hr /></blockquote>

oN hitS!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chopstick
10-29-2004, 11:20 AM
It's a lot easier after reading this board for a while.

It is interesting though. A perfect example of a distributed sorting system. I'm on this kick about evolutionary emergent behavior of artificially intelligent distributed agent systems. If a computer could learn to read this that fast it would be huge.

Oops, my mad scientist is showing.

Chopstick
10-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Holly crap!

I just read this again real fast and I actually saw the letters in the right order while I was reading them.