PDA

View Full Version : sack checking in

sack316
10-30-2004, 08:21 PM
hey all, I know it's been a few months, but I just wanted to check in with all my friends on here and let y'all know I'm doing OK. Umm, first off all my stuff is cut off at my house so I'm not online. I just happen to be at the folk's right now and thought I'd come fill all my friends in.
Rehab went very well for me and was a great experience overall. I learned alot about my disease and myself. it finally got me to open my eyes and my mind as well. After inpatient, I took those tools I gained out back into the "real world" and so far so good. I completed an intensive outpatient program as soon as I got back home and also attend at least 1 AA meeting every day. I will be picking up my 3 month chip in a few weeks. It's amazing the difference I have in myself now as far as motivation, energy and self worth. I have a long way to go and it's something I will never be completely cured of, but I'm handling it all one day at a time. I go to court this Tuesday for my 2nd DUI, so I will more than likely have a little jail time and some hefty fines, but then it will all be behind me and I can work on getting life back to normal again.
I'm actually working a REAL job now, and doing very well with it too. I never realized how much my work suffered in my drinking days until now. I'm not making near as much as I'm used to, but anything is better than nothing right now.
As far as pool goes, well I learned it's not like riding a bike when you've been away from it for a while. I get to shoot maybe once a week, and I see some signs of the old me there, but basically I'm trying to learn almost all over again. I'll get there again eventually once I have the time to put in the practice again.
And basically thats about it in a nutshell. Hope all of you are doing well, and when I get the chance I'll try to get back on here as often as possible, but it may be a while. Thanks to all of you who supported me and wrote with concern and care. I appreciate all of the good friends I have made on this board, and I'll be back! take care all of you and I love you all!
Sack

dg-in-centralpa
10-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Best of Luck to you, Sack. I've never been through it, but am told it's not easy. If you feel yourself sliding, you've got many friends here to talk to.

DG

Rich R.
10-31-2004, 08:46 AM
Sack, I'm happy to hear everything is going well.

Keep up the good work and be sure to keep in touch, when you can. We're all pulling for you.

silverbullet
10-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Congrats on your upcoming 3 month chip, sack. Stay with the program and you will be amazed at the things that you will receive in many ways. I well remember my trek into AA almost 14 years ago, the day, the hour, including all of the events of that day.

Stick with the winners!!

-sb-

Wally_in_Cincy
11-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Good luck sack. We conquer thru perserverance. Thanks for checking in.

BTW I hope the judge can be made aware of your progress somehow. That might make a difference.