PDA

View Full Version : When the Saints Come Marching in .......

wolfdancer
10-31-2004, 04:59 PM
The doorbell rang, and there were two clean-cut young men at the door. they gave me their card, and without my readers, I thought they were selling LSD...and I'm already stocked up. It turned out though they were from the Church of Mormon,or Latter Day Saints.
They wanted to know if I believed in JC, and I said, yes, and also Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, and the Great Pumpkin...I said I was kidding, I really didn't believe in the Great Pumpkin, and besides I was Catholic.
I told them I was all for this multiple marriage biz, as long as it didn't involve child support. For example, on a farm, you don't see a bull pulling a plow, not if you want happy cows. I don't see how a man could hold down a job; he's got to keep his strength up.
I invited them back to further discuss religion, told them we could have a pajama party, a sleepover...no pj's, no problem....
I don't think they'll be back...it was cruel, but this was the only way I could think of to get rid of them.
Hey, the doorbell is ringing again...I think it's folks selling the "Watchtower" and "Awake"
Wonder if they'll trade for my Playboy, or Hustler mag?
Hey, if the're all taking 2 or more wives, how am I going to claim my 77 virgins?

Chopstick
11-01-2004, 06:30 AM
I was telling my brother, who just got divorced, that if I ever got married I would marry two women. That way if they wanted conversation, they could talk to each other. He said "Well, you know what that means don't you. Instead of taking half your stuff when they leave, they're gonna take all your stuff."