PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

cueball1950
10-31-2004, 11:12 PM
A very good friend of mine who just recently started to post on here made the terrible mistake of getting his case and cues from the trunk of his car last night and set them up against the car. then got involved in other things and forgot they were there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gifUnfortunately they sat out all night in the cold and rain. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif The case is not totally soaked and his cues were soaked as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifMy question is now what can he do to insure that the cues don't warp from being so wet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I would have to believe that the wraps are totally shot and should be redone. but what can he do to try to stop them from warping. they are not cheap cues and are probably worth over 2k for the both of them....Any advice would be greatly appreciated....................mike

stickman
10-31-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm no expert, but my best idea would be to hang them from the ends and allow them to slowly dry naturally. Just a thought.

cookendorfernick
10-31-2004, 11:33 PM
just dry them off as best you can and allow them about a week to dry, they probably wont end up with any damage, with exception to the tip(s) and/or wrap(s)

Jimmy B
11-01-2004, 03:15 AM
In a case they shouldn't have gotten to wet, I know in a Justis or an Instroke they prolly would have been ok unless it was really pouring or they were under water in a puddle. In any event if they really are soaked and the wrap is wet I would tell him to cut the wrap off so it doesn't hold the moisture on the handle area, most cue handles are not finished and water can soak into the wood, it's cheap to get cues rewrapped. the rest of the cue is sealed and should not have any effect. Shafts on the other hand may be different and I would burnish them asap and try to generate enough heat to get most of the surface moisture out of the wood, it they really are good cues I don't think he'll have any troubles. Most cues don't have any end grain exposed and the finish keeps most water out, again the wrap area being the exception, get the wet wrap off the cue.

JB

#### leonard
11-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Mike just go to Paul Dayton.com and ask Paul how to solve the problem. He will remember you. ####