PDA

View Full Version : Any playtime on a Gandy "Hustler"?

duane0
11-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi folks - I have an opportunity to pick up a table made by Gandy called "The Hustler". Unfortunately, I don't have any playtime on this table. Any opinions on how this table plays or any specific flaws? I have heard that the pockets arent very tight, but not much else.

I am about 200 miles away from where this table is located so I would like to save myself a trip if the table has some truly bad characteristics.

Popcorn
11-01-2004, 03:20 PM
They were a popular table in pool rooms years ago. They were a lower model then the Big G and had different legs. My biggest knock on the table was it was too light in weight. You could actually move one just leaning against it. They were pretty cheap also but good for the money. Something like $700. a table wholesale, a lot better deal then Gold crowns at like four times the price at the time. The price is why you found them in so many pool rooms. It may have come from a pool room, so take a good look at it before you buy it for any damage. The last one I bought, a 9 footer, I got for $300. in very good shape and resold it for $900, installed with new balls and a few cues. They are not a bad table but I wouldn't pay too much for it.