PDA

View Full Version : Bush At The School, Read This And Think!

Sid_Vicious
11-01-2004, 07:13 PM
http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/main/essayaninterestingday.html

Ok, I have little doubts that "head in the sand Repubs" will resist reading this story BUT that makes the ones who read this, the open minded middle, like me, Americans...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
11-02-2004, 06:58 AM
Do you really expect anybody to read all that? It would have been nice if they offered a condensed version /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
At approximately 8:48 a.m....

....By that time, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon, the White House, the Secret Service, and Canada's Strategic Command all knew that three commercial airplanes had been hijacked. They knew that one plane had been flown deliberately into the World Trade Center's North Tower; a second plane was wildly off course and also heading toward Manhattan; and a third plane had abruptly turned around over Ohio and was flying back toward Washington, DC.

<hr /></blockquote>

So if they knew did they inform the Prez about all the planes or just the first one that hit the WTC? And what should he have done? Have the airliners shot down?

As far as his locations during the day, They have protocols estabilished for these type of scenarios. That's why there is a doomsday plane, a 747 that can stay in the air for days, in the event of a nuclear war. On Sept. 11 they obviously could not take him back to the White House and take a chance on getting him killed.

The main objective is to keep the President alive at all costs in a time of crisis to keep the government intact. Was Reagan a [censored] because a cop took a bullet for him?

Hindsight is 20/20

PQQLK9
11-02-2004, 07:22 AM
I started reading yesterday and I still am not half through.

Qtec
11-02-2004, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So if they knew did they inform the Prez about all the planes or just the first one that hit the WTC? <font color="blue"> Are you suggesting they held back information? </font color> And what should he have done? Have the airliners shot down?
<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue"> Yes. </font color>

[ QUOTE ]
On Sept. 11 they obviously could not take him back to the White House and take a chance on getting him killed.

The main objective is to keep the President alive at all costs in a time of crisis to keep the government intact. <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]

So what did the Commander in Chief do with the knowledge that the United States was under attack?

He did nothing.

Bush did not say one word. He did not ask Card any questions. He did not give any orders. He did not know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken - indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He just sat there. Bush later recalled: "There was no time for discussion or anything." [Fighting Back: The War on Terrorism - From Inside the Bush White House, by Bill Sammon, 10/02, pp. 83-84] Even stranger, as one newspaper put it, although the nation was under terrorist attack, "for some reason, Secret Service agents [did] not bustle him away." [Globe and Mail, 9/12/01]

Why hasn't Bush's security staff been criticized for their completely inexplicable decision to stay at the school? And why didn't Bush's concern for the children extend to not making them and the rest of the 200 or so people at the school terrorist targets?
<hr /></blockquote>

Good question. If he was a target, which is a logical assumption, the kids were in danger! The whole school should have been evacuated, but it wasnt! WHY NOT?

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
11-02-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally:</font><hr> And what should he have done? Have the airliners shot down?
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr><font color="blue"> Yes. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Considering that nothing remotely like this had ever happened before, shooting down planeloads of civilians probably was not high on the list of options.

Popcorn
11-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Nothing new there as well as a lot of speculation and unsubstantiated quotes woven together to make a story. Sort of like a closing argument a lawyer may do to show his own view. The same set of circumstances can be argued to have a completely different meaning. Don't be reading stuff like this and think you are getting truth any more then you should listen to Moore or Oliver Stone's versions of history. Don't let yourself be spoon fed this garbage. I am not partisan one way or the other but I know contrived BS when I hear it. Some will enjoy it because it tells them what they want to hear, others will not because it doesn't. Both are being deceived and would be fools to give it any weight at all.

SpiderMan
11-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Amen

Rich R.
11-02-2004, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Considering that nothing remotely like this had ever happened before, shooting down planeloads of civilians probably was not high on the list of options. <hr /></blockquote>
I'd be willing to bet, after 09/11, that option was moved up on that list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-02-2004, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I'd be willing to bet, after 09/11, that option was moved up on that list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I would almost bet that before 9/11 it might not have been on the list of viable options. Maybe if the military knew beyond a doubt that there was a load of nerve gas aboard destined for a major city (There was a movie like that, can't recall the name) but nobody seriously thought anybody would crash airliners into the heart of NY.

Therefore, I understand the administration's confusion at that point.

highsea
11-02-2004, 09:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Good question. If he was a target, which is a logical assumption, the kids were in danger! The whole school should have been evacuated, but it wasnt! WHY NOT?

Q <hr /></blockquote>I guess you have know idea about the security that surrounds the President, or you wouldn't make such a stupid remark. Do a little research next time.

highsea
11-02-2004, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I would almost bet that before 9/11 it might not have been on the list of viable options. Maybe if the military knew beyond a doubt that there was a load of nerve gas aboard destined for a major city (There was a movie like that, can't recall the name) but nobody seriously thought anybody would crash airliners into the heart of NY.

Therefore, I understand the administration's confusion at that point. <hr /></blockquote>Wally, it was definitely not on the list of options prior to 9/11. The directive was actually given by Dick Cheney from the White House after the second plane hit the towers. Confusion surrounding the events caused that directive to never actually reach the pilots who were on the CAP mission until much later.

It's all detailed in the 9/11 commission report.

cheesemouse
11-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Sid,

Very interesting time line. Thanks for the posting. I read it all and my eyes hurt but worth the time...unfortunitely this a day in our history that history will sort out 25 years from now.

Having been in the USAF in the late 60's and having spent three years doing work on the NORAD system I have no problem believing all the money wrenches in the system. It didn't work then and it appears it doesn't work now. It's the old monkey with the greased football syndrome. It won't be the last time we citizens are sold a bill of goods...It does get more difficult for our leaders to blow smoke now that we have the Internet...I often wonder how long the Internet will be open access???

highsea
11-02-2004, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Sid,

Very interesting time line. Thanks for the posting. I read it all and my eyes hurt but worth the time...unfortunitely this a day in our history that history will sort out 25 years from now.<hr /></blockquote>Too bad it's not accurate.

Rather than relying on some reporter pushing an agenda, you may want to read the ACTUAL sequence of events as reported by the 9/11 Commission. This includes communications transcripts between the AC and controllers, the actual phone calls to NORAD, the Airlines, and the FAA, the systems and protocols in place at the time, and the mistakes that happened.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report_Ch1.htm

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Ya know, I'm personally disappointed in finding out that the glaring time line and waffling answers on the Bush side, coupled with the nearly iron clad(I suppose GW himself would have to confess in person to pop the blinders off of some people)facts. There are so darn many inconsistencies stated in the facts of that day that I find dismay in how some people I thought maybe to be purely open minded, still resist the scary truth that on that day in September, we were leaderless. The drama which unfolded in the news site about the school and the lingering by the prez, totally astounded me, it seems close to criminal, even suspectful, and I won't delve further with that extended remark. This is not a partisan issue with me, it's simply a matter of my looking and seeing the facts as they were, nothing more. The best question about what happened that day of the school visit is "why has there not been open questions asked of Bush about it?" That in itself smells of political coverup. There was a serious response problem that day, and it need not happen again, fix it or remove the central problem, change horses...sid

Popcorn
11-02-2004, 04:13 PM
I was just referring to the particular piece the was in the post. It was not produced by people interested in facts just pushing an agenda and asking for money as they do at the end of the piece. That thing looks like little more then a kids term paper. I would not even take it with a grain of salt. Facts are out there and truth can be found but not from a source like that.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2004, 04:54 AM
AMEN Sid, Why was our president, after having received information that we would likely be attacked, and being warned of the use of planes as missiles, making story time part of his day?
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif