PDA

View Full Version : Where did everyone go??

houseman
11-01-2004, 07:15 PM
All the rooms around mine here in south eastern penna are slow as heck. Im off about 45%. Any other rooms the same way? Even the tournament turn out is lousy

Stretch
11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houseman:</font><hr> All the rooms around mine here in south eastern penna are slow as heck. Im off about 45%. Any other rooms the same way? Even the tournament turn out is lousy <hr /></blockquote>

They are probably all on line. St

cueball1950
11-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Local room here in albany is also slow. with a small turnout on wed's for their tournaments....golf season is almost over with then it should pick up................mike

Popcorn
11-01-2004, 07:57 PM
You have to look at it quarterly, If you look at it from day to day or week to week you will go nuts. How was this quarter last year or the year before?

Tom_In_Cincy
11-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Stretch,

You may be more correct than you think.

There are some players that were usually regulars in our weekly 9 ball tournaments, that have been absent most of the summer. When I saw them recently, I asked them if they had had a nice summer and they all had been playing poker online, against each other and strangers. They all claimed to have made money in poker tournaments.

Seems there are a lot of these guys in the Sacramento area. It has become much easier to stay home and play poker and have a chance at cashing then coming to the pool hall. And they can do it anytime they want. 24 hours a day.

I don't see this as a trend among pool hall players, but I can see a begining.

stickman
11-01-2004, 09:30 PM
It is slow here in SEKansas also. This time of year is usually hopping.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-02-2004, 07:36 AM
It's been slow around here because the weather has been nice.

houseman
11-02-2004, 10:37 AM
If my old mind will remember, this time last year was pretty good, Maybe gas being so high hurt some too. I normally don`t get teally booming until after x-mas then it`s nuts until April or May. Plus there are so many kids smoking those funny cigarettes and worse in this area to.