PDA

View Full Version : Now your all stars

cueball1950
11-01-2004, 10:02 PM
well i just finished watching the Open on Espn2. now that i have seen everybody i consider you all TV stars. Gosh, i feel important.....lol....................mike

Popcorn
11-01-2004, 10:06 PM
When Earl made that jump shot, did he change to his break cue?

Tom_In_Cincy
11-01-2004, 10:13 PM
It was a treat to see two great players (Morris and Strickland) play such a great match. Earl got the rools Rodney got the leftovers. And, to see RichR and Cathy, Spetty and Barbara, Ross and Eric.

More US Open matches coming up this month.

Rich R.
11-02-2004, 03:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> When Earl made that jump shot, did he change to his break cue? <hr /></blockquote>
Although Earl always jumps with a full cue, he usually switches to his break cue, for the jump shot. I would assume that cue has a harder tip, but I don't know for sure.

Fred Agnir
11-02-2004, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> When Earl made that jump shot, did he change to his break cue? <hr /></blockquote>From the last time we talked to Earl about this at the Midwest Expo last year, Earl has a jump cue. All of his cues look pretty much the same (except now he's put duct tape or something on the wrap area of his shooting cue). His jump cue is about 54" and he can do full length draw shots after jumping over a full ball without any difficulty.

He said he'll only pull it out when the balls get really close (but not like 2 inches). I didn't watch the telecast, so I have no idea what the shot was like.

Fred

Rich R.
11-02-2004, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> From the last time we talked to Earl about this at the Midwest Expo last year, Earl has a jump cue. All of his cues look pretty much the same (except now he's put duct tape or something on the wrap area of his shooting cue). His jump cue is about 54" and he can do full length draw shots after jumping over a full ball without any difficulty. <hr /></blockquote>
It is possible, I have mistaken this 54" jump cue, for a break cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I defer to Fred, who seems to have better information.

cueball1950
11-02-2004, 11:22 AM
I thought after Earl made the jump shot that he started rambling on that he did it with a full size cue and did not need a jump cue. Atleast that was the impression that the announcers gave me. I may have heard them wrong........mike

JimS
11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
That's what I heard them say, couldn't hear Earl. I taped it. It might be interesting to play it over and over with the sound turned way up and try to hear what Earl did say.

The TV listing was incorrect insofar as the who was going to be playing so watch out in the future as the particpants may be different from what is listed. Don't want to miss anything.