PDA

View Full Version : The Popular Vote

Wally_in_Cincy
11-03-2004, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
...I said, when there is conflict in the election, such as last time, I think we should go by the popular vote, instead of crippling the country for months....
<hr /></blockquote>

I wonder if Gayle has rethought her position on this subject in light of last night's events.

eg8r
11-03-2004, 09:43 AM
I just can't wait to hear what excuses the dems will make this time.

eg8r

highsea
11-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Speaking of popular vote, it seems that Bush has broken the all time record for total number of votes, surpassing Reagan. Also the first time since 1988 that the winner received over 50% of the votes.

PQQLK9
11-03-2004, 10:03 AM
It's because the Redskins "dumped" at home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
11-03-2004, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Speaking of popular vote, it seems that Bush has broken the all time record for total number of votes, surpassing Reagan. Also the first time since 1988 that the winner received over 50% of the votes. <hr /></blockquote>

Wow, didn't the Democrats used to call this a MANDATE?

Deeman
mandate is something that Kerry and Edwards will have tonight..

SPetty
11-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I heard something that made me laugh out loud on my way home last night. Listening to the political talkers on the radio, they were talking about the reported increase in the young voters, and how the young voters likely vote for Kerry...

One guy predicted that if Kerry should win, Bush would likely win the popular vote with Kerry winning the electoral college vote.

I laughed out loud. Wouldn't that have been fun! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-03-2004, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I heard something that made me laugh out loud on my way home last night. Listening to the political talkers on the radio, they were talking about the reported increase in the young voters, and how the young voters likely vote for Kerry...

<font color="blue">and as usual, ever since the Vietnam war ended, voters 18-23 voted at the blistering rate of 10% </font color>

One guy predicted that if Kerry should win, Bush would likely win the popular vote with Kerry winning the electoral college vote.

I laughed out loud. Wouldn't that have been fun! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<font color="blue">Yes, it would have been interesting to see if the Reps cried like some of the Dems have for the last 4 years /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

moblsv
11-03-2004, 04:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Speaking of popular vote, it seems that Bush has broken the all time record for total number of votes, surpassing Reagan. Also the first time since 1988 that the winner received over 50% of the votes. <hr /></blockquote>

Those are some truly meaningless stats
Kerry got the most votes ever for the losing candidate, also more than Reagan.

Ross Perot took a significant number of votes in '92 and '96.

And we all know what happened last year

highsea
11-03-2004, 05:40 PM
You sound disappointed moblsv.

Well, here's a statistic that does matter. Bush 286 Kerry 252.

-CM

moblsv
11-03-2004, 09:37 PM
yes, very disappointed.

I read those stats and thought I had wondered into NewsMax again :-)