PDA

View Full Version : Kerry to Concede at 1:00 ET!

highsea
11-03-2004, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nov. 3, 2004 Sen. John Kerry will concede the presidential election this afternoon after a victory in the battleground state of Ohio appeared hopelessly out of reach, ABC News has learned.

The Democrat is expected to give a concession speech at 1 p.m. ET in Boston. He has been meeting with his advisers since Republicans declared that President Bush had won Ohio and his bid for re-election.<hr /></blockquote>
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2004/story?id=213285&amp;page=1

Lol, maybe the rest of the networks will go ahead and call the election for Bush now. They're acting as if Kerry still has a chance as long as they don't announce Bush's win. LMAO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
11-03-2004, 09:36 AM
It appears, Kerry is not the sore loser Gore was.

eg8r

Deeman2
11-03-2004, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> It appears, Kerry is not the sore loser Gore was.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Let's hope you are right. Otherwise, Kerry will go on the road with Gore and rant for 4 years, grow a beard and probably burn that God awful tan Carhart coat he's been sporting. I bet he goes Goose hunting every weekend except when he continues his newly found faith when dancing in the black churches every Sunday. Now, if he was sincere, we'll see him there this Sunday....At least he still has his ketchup... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Deeman
Teresa, "You mean I have to touch those people, John?"

Popcorn
11-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Now maybe he will share his secret magic plans he kept cryptically alluding to. I am sure if they are so good people will he happy to listen.

silverbullet
11-03-2004, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> It appears, Kerry is not the sore loser Gore was.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

No. He looked at the numbers and figured that the votes that came in would not have given him ohio, so there was no reason to make the people wait for ten days. But, even if the numbers had come in for kerry, Bush still would have had the popular vote, so it would not be right for him to lose, anyway.

His concession talk to bush and to the people he spoke to was about unity, so Bush later talked about that too.

Kerry gave Bush the lead on that and I think he is hoping that Bush will work on getting the American people undivided.

It was a nice attempt on kerry's part, we will just have to see if people and politians can drop their partisan stuff for the good of all, but until I see it, I am not real optimistic.

sb

eg8r
11-04-2004, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But, even if the numbers had come in for kerry, Bush still would have had the popular vote, so it would not be right for him to lose, anyway.
<hr /></blockquote> What are you talking about? The popular vote does not mean anything as far as electing the President.

eg8r

Qtec
11-04-2004, 09:23 AM
So they didnt count all the votes?

Q

highsea
11-04-2004, 10:28 AM
All of the tallying, absentee ballots, provisionals, etc. won't be done for a couple weeks. But they know how many there are, and they know what the leads are, so the outcome is certain.

For example, in Ohio if 94% of the provisionals were legitimate (which they won't be), and every one was a Kerry vote (which they won't be), and every absentee vote was for Kerry (which won't happen),then Kerry would win Ohio (which won't happen).

The only thing we don't know yet is the grand totals. The electoral votes are settled, nothing will change there.

Qtec
11-04-2004, 11:10 AM
What if they made a mistake and there were another 100,000 votes that were overlooked? I,m not implying anything , just interested.

Q

highsea
11-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Pointless speculation. The number of ballots sent out is accounted for by the Secretary of State, and verified by both parties. The same goes for the votes cast in the polls. The totals are cross checked against the turnout.