PDA

View Full Version : The People Have Spoken

PQQLK9
11-03-2004, 12:19 PM
The Bastards /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hondo
11-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Tap. Tap. Tap. I lost my faith in my fellow man.
Also, we had some mud- flinging , coal-
operator backed named Brent Benjamin
get in the WV Supreme Court. He ran a more vicious
campaign than Bush if you can believe that.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-03-2004, 12:42 PM
hondo, I am worried about your blood pressure.

landshark77
11-03-2004, 09:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Tap. Tap. Tap. I lost my faith in my fellow man.
campaign than Bush if you can believe that. <hr /></blockquote>

I hope you are at least happy with stupid Joe Manchin, or however you spell our new govenor's name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TomBrooklyn
11-03-2004, 09:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>I hope you are at least happy with stupid Joe Manchin, or however you spell our new govenor's name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>I know at least he's happy that you replied to his post.

landshark77
11-03-2004, 10:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I know at least he's happy that you replied to his post. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

highsea
11-04-2004, 03:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hmmm...seems we are faced with another liberal disconnect. nAz, can you clarify this with a "This Modern World"?

Don't worry LS, their heads will stop spinning in a couple weeks or so...

hondo
11-04-2004, 06:23 AM
I didn't vote for Manchin. Surprized? I take it you
went for Benjamin? Enjoy. Just another reason why
we're one of the poorest states.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Tap. Tap. Tap. I lost my faith in my fellow man.
campaign than Bush if you can believe that. <hr /></blockquote>

I hope you are at least happy with stupid Joe Manchin, or however you spell our new govenor's name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>

landshark77
11-04-2004, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I didn't vote for Manchin. Surprized? I take it you
went for Benjamin? Enjoy. Just another reason why
we're one of the poorest states.

<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, I am a bit surprised, but in a way I am not. I am totally surprised Manchin got in based on all the negitivity I have heard about him through out the state, especially in his home town area. But you live in that area, so that whould lead me to say no, I am not surprised.

Yeah, I went for Benjamin. Sorry to disapoint. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cueless Joey
11-04-2004, 07:04 PM
This one man's advice to the dems.
Not mine but worth a read. [ QUOTE ]
10 Helpful Hints
Speaking of advice to the enemy, here’s the best I can do for Democrats if they are serious about actually winning elections in the future, and not just interested in calling Republicans “idiots” and “liars.” Here goes, try to follow along.
1) People who go to church are not evil. They also vote. There are lots of them. You do the math.

2) Americans like guns. This won’t change. Ever. Work harder to put cop killers into the electric chair, and stop reaching for Bubba’s 12-guage “duck-shredder” in the back window of his pickup.

3) Get some balls on national defense. Your greatest President JFK, won the biggest “No-Limit Hold ‘Em” hand of the 20th century against the Soviet Union during the Cuban missile crisis. (And he was only holding two-Jacks!) What the hell happened to you people ever since?

4) If you want to connect with the “common man”, try NOT to nominate French speaking, trophy-wife hunting, aloof windsurfers who can’t even throw a baseball 60’6”.

5) Tell Michael Moore to go bury himself in a truckload of Hostess Twinkies. Every party has their freak element. Do you see Pat Buchanan being trotted out by the GOP anymore?

6) If you think gays should have the right to get married, then win the argument with the public first. Don’t ask judges to cut corners for you.

7) Stop courting the “Youth Vote.” Counting on a bunch of Ludacris blasting punks to save you politically on election day, is like an NBA team saying: “Don’t worry, Shaq’s gonna make these free throws.”

8) Have lunch with Zell Miller, and actually listen to what he has to say. You tried dismissing him as a lunatic, but his convention speech was more spot-on than a ketchup drop on a starched white business shirt. (Oops, I was channeling my “inner Rather” there, sorry.)

9) Stop taking Hollywood money. It not only makes actors think they have a right to speak on your party’s behalf, but it has the addictive power of political heroin. Better to hold a thousand small pancake dinners at WFV halls in “red country.”

10) Lighten up, for once! America really doesn’t suck as much as you seem to think it does. I know liberals have a yearning for “utopian” (aka “perfect”) societies, but let’s be real, all humans are flawed. If you somehow find a way to see America as a great country constantly striving to be better, you’ll start moving into harmony with most Americans. A little sunshine goes a long way.
<hr /></blockquote>