View Full Version : Can anyone translate German?
11-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Is this funny?
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
They are the 10 commandments for a billiard player. I can't really read it well enough but if no one else does I will have my wife do it for you. I am sure one of the German posters will do it though.
11-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Not anymore but I think the first one says:
1. Should you play with a new player? You definately should since you have a six year old cue in your hand.
I think it's time for some night school.
11-03-2004, 03:13 PM
I think it is something like
"you should play so would emphasize had you with a partner always, six years no queue in the hand"
Like you say you haven't played in six years or something.
I'm terrable at this.
11-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Yes! "Keine" is a negative. I forgot that. I still don't quite get the meaning of the sentence. The others are way beyond what I ever learned. They appear to be rather complex.
11-03-2004, 03:51 PM
This is the best I could do.
I O of requirements fur Billardspieler.
1. If you should play with a new partner, then always stress, you harbest six years no queues in the hand had!
2. Place discdh always closely behind your opponent, if it is at the StoB, remains protecting for it its series on the heels and please you a same energetically!
3. Always put both chalks in!
4. If a fox succeeds to you, then it was computation, with the opponent naturlich always is it Dusel!
5. If the Parlie 88:22 stands to your Ungunsten, then suggest breaking her off as undecided and cine new anzufagen!
6. Seih you after everyone your StoBe over and refuses you playing further before applause is not donated!
7. Zable quietly, but dafur moglichst doubly and writes down only if your partner stoBt.
8. After the Stob it is waiting whether perhaps the ball someone aui the FuB fall, if? so war?s KunstoB!
9. Speil so, daB you with default straight still win kannsgt, you need then with the revenge nothing more to give and win then surely.
10. If you lost, then enormous Gluck and hard StoB accuses to the opponent. If you won, then it was naturlich only because of yours thought out Speil finely.
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
It's 10 rules of pocket billiards or billiards. I recognize a few words but will take some time later to desifer it. Forboden or how ever it's spelled means forbidden in english.
11-03-2004, 04:20 PM
hahaha - looks like babelfish! I sure hope you didn't "hand copy" this stuff into babelfish for this! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
11-03-2004, 04:28 PM
You are sharp.I was curious and when it would not cut and paste I asked Malinda(wifey) if she would type it for me ( took her all of a couple of minutes) and she said yes if I would massage her feet(something I have never done) and I said yes because SPetty wants to know if it is funny.
Going to wash the lotion off my hands. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
11-03-2004, 04:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I said yes because SPetty wants to know if it is funny.
Going to wash the lotion off my hands. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>BWAAHAAHAHAHA! Well, it wasn't all that funny until NOW! hahahaha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
11-03-2004, 06:23 PM
11-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Is that something old my wife is having trouble reading it, but my mother-in law can read it. She has a PHD in language and taught German. She can translate it perfectly if you would really like to have it done. She is a nazi by the way. No kidding, she was a Hitler youth and is still brain washed. She thinks all gays and Jews should be killed and old or sick useless people should be done away with. Can you believe it? When I first met my wife she had told me her father was in a prison camp during the war and I just assumed it was a German camp, till I happen to see a picture of him in uniform. He had been a prisoner of the British.
11-04-2004, 07:15 AM
I suppose someone from Germany can translate it! I've been to Germany 6 times this year. The only German I know is all based on food and drink.
11-04-2004, 07:44 AM
First of all I have to apologize for my bad English, but I will do my best to translate the rules.
The rules are a sort of winning ugly in billiards and are supposed to be funny.
1. If you play with a stranger pretend that you have not been playing for the last 6 years
2. Always stand behind your opponent while he is playing and follow him during his turn.
If he does the same ask to stop it!
3. Always take both chalks
4. If you make a lucky shot it was on purpose,
if your opponent makes one it was a very lucky shot.
Since I only play pool I am not familiar with the term Fuchs, but from the context I would translate it as a lucky shot.
5. If you are 22 : 88 behind suggest to count it as a draw and start a new set
6. Wait after every shot for some applause before starting to play again
7. Count silently but double your points and only write them down while your opponent is playing
8. After every shot wait if the ball is falling on some ones foot, if so call it a trick shot
9. If you give some weight only win by a few points.
In the next game you don't need to give any weight and you will win for sure.
10. Blame your opponent to be very lucky, if you loose.
Of course if you win your superior game is the reason for success.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.