PDA

View Full Version : The one vote that cost Kerry the election.

sliprock
11-03-2004, 02:50 PM
If you ask me, There was one single vote that might've cost Kerry this election. It was cast earlier this year when a Mass. judge ruled in favor of gay marriages. Had it not been for this one ruling, The marriage amendment would not have been on so many different state ballots pushing voter turnout. Who knows, Kerry might have won Ohio had it not been for the amendment vote.

I thought it was kinda ironic..

silverbullet
11-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Who can say? I really liked kerry a lot. I am sure all the bible thumpers had a part, but many were afraid of that Iraq/terroism thing and what a change in leadership would mean for that. There were lots who did not like Bush but voted for him anyway, thinking that he needed to finish what he started.

They knew what Bush was doing war wize where kerry was an unknown and i wonder if part of it was 'a devil that you know is better than one that you do not know' kind of thing.

sb

Popcorn
11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Except for the most stanch Republicans, voters just wanted a candidate they could believe in and he would get their vote, Kerry just was not the guy. He was in the end, unelectable and whose fault is that. You can't win without the product which is what the candidate is. The Demarcates have no one to blame but themselves. Kerry was nothing and his running mate a political nobody. How could you vote for these two guys? I can't believe anyone would really want Kerry, other then as an alternative to Bush. They didn't even carry Edward's home state did they?

silverbullet
11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Most democrats I knew that I talked to a year or so ago, did not think that Kerry was a strong candidate. I liked Kerry personally a whole lot, but was not sure if he was strong enough to run the country. I liked Bush a lot less to say the least, and what I think of cheyny would fill a book and none of it nice.But considering what is going on now, especially in the middle east,Bush needed to stay in the presidency to finish the job he started over there. So I wanted the candidate that I did not like to win for that reason. Not a good way to feel going into the polls, but felt that I had to vote that way for that reason.

I listened to this cd and when you look at all of the other issues you can think of, the one question on that cd makes them pale in comparison.

'Do you want to fight them in Boston or in Baghdad?'

sb

Wally_in_Cincy
11-04-2004, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sliprock:</font><hr> If you ask me, There was one single vote that might've cost Kerry this election. It was cast earlier this year when a Mass. judge ruled in favor of gay marriages. Had it not been for this one ruling, The marriage amendment would not have been on so many different state ballots pushing voter turnout. Who knows, Kerry might have won Ohio had it not been for the amendment vote.

I thought it was kinda ironic.. <hr /></blockquote>

That is ironic. But then again remember, Mass. is the East Coast epicenter of liberalism with San Fran being it's Left Coast equivalent. If gay marriage was going to be legalized anywhere it would be one of those 2 places or NYC.

That amendment definitely pushed turnout in Ohio.

The Dem leaders push for gay marriage and trash the Boy Scouts and they are befuddled as to why they keep losing.

I was reading some comments from some Dems this morning and they are saying the party has moved too far to the center! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

highsea
11-04-2004, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I was reading some comments from some Dems this morning and they are saying the party has moved too far to the center! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hahaha.

That's funny Wally. Them dam fundamentalist Boy Scouts anyway. They just say they want to help old ladies across the street. Everyone knows what they are really doing is stealing the alpo right out of their purses!

Those sneaky bastards!