PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla

wolfdancer
11-03-2004, 10:17 PM
I just DL'd the beta version of firefox....Is this a better browser then IE??? Seems to be faster on this ole machine.
Wasn't Mozilla the name of the Black player in C.O.M.?

Popcorn
11-03-2004, 10:36 PM
I am using 9.3 version and really like it. I think I am suppose to up grade though. There is a newer version out. I like the tab feature.

PQQLK9
11-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Wasn't Mozilla the name of the Black player in C.O.M.?

No.

"Fast Eddie this here's Mozelle ... he plays pool" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

crawdaddio
11-04-2004, 06:44 AM
Firefox is ultra-sweet, WAY better than IE, IMO.

~DC

wolfdancer
11-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Thanks, I get confused on names. I was probably thinking about Wolfgang Amadeous Mozilla, the piano player.
The more I use the browser though, the more I like it.

wolfdancer
11-04-2004, 12:22 PM
I think the new release is due out Nov 9th....the Beta is working fine...goodbye IE

Ross
11-04-2004, 01:40 PM
My version of Mozilla (v 1.0 release preview) does not allow me to reply to CCB posts. (Maybe that's a feature, not a bug! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) When I put the cursor over the Reply area or the Quote area it is not recognized as a link. Anyone else having this problem?

I guess I will download the non-beta version when it comes out in a few days and see if that works better.

wolfdancer
11-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Ross,i have no problems, so far....and just added Thunderbird as my email app

silverbullet
11-04-2004, 07:06 PM
I was using mozilla and just switched to firefox. Forbes and another reference were talking about how much better it was than IE. Before that, I found that mozilla and safari for the apple had pretty efficient popup blockers and I like firefox a lot, also.

Just an aside, i was over on my step daughter's pc awhile ago, which is a relatively brand new computer on a cable connection and it was running like a slug. I was going onto IE and getting so many popups, like every second, that I just dl firefox on hers too, and no more popups. But a free scan with adware revealed 256 spyware so although there are no popups, they are going to have to get rid of all of that.

sb

wolfdancer
11-04-2004, 07:11 PM
A friend added Ad-Aware and spybot to my computer, erased outlook...and it did speed up......now it even seems faster using firefox & thunderbird