PDA

View Full Version : Florescent Light ???

cheesemouse
11-04-2004, 07:06 AM
I'm hoping for a quick responce here....I have to replace four 48 inch tubes this morning and I want to pick someones brain about which brand ect is the best for pool table lighting...is there a differnce?

Rich R.
11-04-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I'm hoping for a quick responce here....I have to replace four 48 inch tubes this morning and I want to pick someones brain about which brand ect is the best for pool table lighting...is there a differnce? <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know about brand, but there is a difference in the tubes. It has something to do with the color temperature of the light, I think, in Kelvin units. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Get the type that is balanced most closely to daylight.

Popcorn
11-04-2004, 08:01 AM
There is a big difference in fluorescent lights. Don't be cheap because they last a long time. There is a bulb on the market that runs about $25.00 a bulb that they use in hospitals and labs that gives great light but I can't think of the name of it. Below is an example of what I am talking about
http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/fluorescent_bulbs.shtml.
Don't go to home depot and just buy some $2.00 shop lights.

trailboss
11-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Try the ones with the green metal ends...I have them and they seem to produce light better...brighter light.

cheesemouse
11-04-2004, 08:13 AM
THANKS GUYS....I'm head'n out now...thanks again for the info... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BooBoo
11-04-2004, 08:16 AM
The bulbs I use in my Gold Crown light, which has 8 4' bulbs are the t8 ones. These are the ones reccomended by Brunswick. I picked them up at a electrical supply house and I think they were under 2 dollars apiece, not enough to break the bank. Good lighting will spoil you, especially when the bar or place you play in has 1 40 watt bulb hanging off centered over the table!

Chris Cass
11-04-2004, 01:10 PM
From what I hear the lights won't make much difference.

C.C.~~the Cheese shoots lights out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
11-04-2004, 01:12 PM
I hope you bought cool white.

cheesemouse
11-05-2004, 07:56 AM
To all who offered info,

I ended up having to settle. I bought Gen/Electric 40w, 3150 lums, 6yr bulb life florescent. They cost approx three bucks each. I don't know if they are soft light or not because there was no info on the packaging in english mentioning such. Hell, I couldn't even find in what country they were made. I still haven't figured out what the other language is on the packaging. I tried to go with a more expensive one like Popcorn suggested but living in a small town(approx 15K) my selection options are limited...LOL....after visiting the fourth place of business I bought the first light they had four of in stock so I could get back home and hit some balls....

Once my table was re-lumed I realized that cheap light or not I had just made a 100% improvement. Having spent over 10 years trying to shot the old lights out (near as I can remember they were that old) I now begin the journey too shoot these out, and thank you CC for giving me the goal....hehehe.... I think the shortcut would be to jack up my break and get the lights with whitey...

My next improvement would be to change the cloth, it is ten years old also....you guy/gals would freak if I could post a picture of my clothes condition...I've had to change my follow thru because if I go the cloth it tears like tissue paper...it's unbelievable how UNGOOGIN like I am.

SPetty
11-05-2004, 10:15 AM
So it's probably a safe bet that you need a new spot too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cheesemouse
11-05-2004, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> So it's probably a safe bet that you need a new spot too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Howdy SPetty....that would be a 'you betcha'... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
11-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Well Cheese my friend,

If you'd ever give me an invatation to come out maybe, I'll bring my own cloth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I might even help you put it on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, the cloth I use is strickly, Simonis 860 Yellow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You'ld be in Cheese Heaven. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~golf season over already???

cheesemouse
11-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Hey Chris,

You got an open invite....I'm watching this Owen kid hit balls on ESPN at the moment...have you seen him play much? I know a couple of guys who have tried to take him off and they came home with shorter tails...LOL

That yellow cloth maybe a good idea with my eyes as bad as they are, that TV light blue maybe easy on the eye also...what do you think?

Nice open buddy.......

JimS
11-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I watched him at the Midwest Expo. He won the one hole and did well in the 9 ball...can't remember exactly where he finished.

He showed a lot of game and a lot of heart. I watched him come back from a game or even two games down in several matches in the 1 pocket. He ground down the opposition. No give-up in him....from what I saw. He was fun to watch play. Inventive.

Also he appears to be a nice, humble guy. He appears calm, friendly, but quiet. That was the impression I got.

Chris Cass
11-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi Cheese,

Gabe plays well. He learned a few things from JJ but he did very jump up, at the Open. He's pretty nice too. I've talked with him a few times. He's played in Cedar Rapids a few times and did ok. I was happy for him. Gabe can be beat by a few out here by me. That's not taking away from his accomplishments. It's just I know so many stone champions that are under the radar. My personal opinion he shoots around Bobby Pickle' speed. That's all apples and oranges because most players I'm talking about are all about the bar table. You know, where the money seems to be, in the amature events. Any of them guys can win any given day as well as lose too. I really like Gabe though and wish him well.

The TV blue is good for TV. It's not bad on the home table I imagine. Nick, likes it. Me, I like the old fasion green. I guess I'm not much fun.

Regards,

C.C.