PDA

View Full Version : feeling better now that I beat him..?

dvsmnstr
11-05-2004, 02:05 PM
hey guys, I play in a few 8ball tourny's at local bars and usally come in the top 7 out of 30 or so people. There is this one guy who is really good and everytime I played him he won.. I began to think I can't win and went in with a soso attitude.. finally 2 weeks ago I beat him and now I have played him several times since and won a few games and actually play better in the tourny now..

am I more relaxed now? do I have a new found confendence? am I more cocky? not sure but getting over that "i can't beat him" hump feels great!

just thought I would share on this boring friday afternoon!
got a pool tourny tonight at 9!

Jude_Rosenstock
11-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Look, my wife left me, I lost my job, I found out my daughter is a stripper, my internet connection is down, my house was burglarized and the dog crapped on the rug.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better game.

Jude! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
11-05-2004, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jude_Rosenstock:</font><hr> Look, my wife left me, I lost my job, I found out my daughter is a stripper, my internet connection is down, my house was burglarized and the dog crapped on the rug.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better game.

Jude! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I hear ya Jude,

That sucks when the dog goes and does that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

C.C.

Chris Cass
11-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi dvsmnstr,

That's a good feeling for sure. I'm coming down the elevater at the Holiday Inn. This is at the US Open. Parica is telling me after I wished him luck going into a match with Johnny Archer that he's lost to him the last 7 times in tournament play. Well, this time he won. I bet he feels good too. It's all a matter of time. You need to think of it as, I'm just going to play my game. What else can you do?

Regards,

C.C.

woody_968
11-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Congrats man, its a great when you get that feeling like you have taken a step forward.

Billy_Bob
11-06-2004, 11:02 AM
I've learned that I *can* beat anyone (sometimes). Therefore I should always try and do my best.

In the past, I assumed that there was no way I could beat such and so, therefore I would not try very hard. Then I would have a rare opportunity in a game to win, but would be taken by surprise so much, I would mess it up.

Now I understand that I can beat these top guns sometimes. The other night I left one of them with 6 balls on the table playing 8-ball. And the thing was he could have kept me from winning [when I did] with a defensive shot. But I don't think this guy thinks "defensive" much since he is always winning.

Anyway I was undefeated in the tournament (local money tournament) then played this guy again. I beat myself the first game, then won the second game giving me 1st place in the tournament. The TD look quite pleased that a "lesser skilled player" (me) beat the sharks and won the tournament.