PDA

View Full Version : One Sided 8-Ball

DeadStrokeMan
11-05-2004, 07:20 PM
I invented a new 8-ball variation, but I bet someone else invented it first /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I call it 1-sided 8 ball. After the snap - a ball is "verified" by dropping it ( solid or stripe ). Along with this you have chosen the "side" (3 pockets) which are yours. The opponent is then assigned the other side and the other balls. Eight ball must also be dropped into one of your 3 pockets.

We played it like this: $5.00 for every ball left on the table after the 8 drops - including $5.00 for the 8-ball. If the 8 is made on the snap $40.00 is gained (ooof). If you drop the 8 before its time - you PAY for every one of your balls on the table (you don't want the 8-ball cruisin' about alot in this game). No balls except the 8 are called. If you drop your ball into the opposite side without dropping one in your side - FOUL. If you can't hit your ball & rail - FOUL.

Anyways - This is pretty kool...makes an 8 ball game last longer and brings out a larger challenge. Leave is critical. I managed to run out a couple of times on the crowded 7'er /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone play a game like this before?

PQQLK9
11-05-2004, 10:03 PM
I guess the closest I have come to that is playing "last pocket" 8 ball, where the 8 has to be made in the same pocket as your last ball.

I play One-Hole, the thinking man's (oops thinking person's /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) game.

Chris Cass
11-05-2004, 10:57 PM
So, what happens if you accidently make one of your balls into your opponents side? What if, the 8's locket up in your opponents corner pocket? What if, you scratch? Is it BIH?

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
11-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Never played 8 ball that way. I have played one side though. Not the same of course because it's a game of rotation, each player has one side of the table. Play heads up or as partners. I'm not going thru the rules now but there is push out. Played a lot of this game years ago.

Rod

DeadStrokeMan
11-06-2004, 03:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> So, what happens if you accidently make one of your balls into your opponents side? What if, the 8's locket up in your opponents corner pocket? What if, you scratch? Is it BIH? <hr /></blockquote>

We've been playing BIH for all FOULS. And if you make the opponents ball? ... Standard BCA rules apply - you must hit one of your balls first and then a rail, if knock the opponents ball in any pocket - you've only helped him /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif - not a foul if you made a legal hit.