PDA

View Full Version : Saluc Standard Pool Balls

trailboss
11-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Is there a way to tell if they are fake or not? I purchased a set of Crown Belgian Balls by Saluc... on the box is printed Standard in green with the Arimith logo and Saluc. It is a white box with green printing and a white plastic tray inside stamped also with the Aramith logo. Thanks!

Fred Agnir
11-06-2004, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> Is there a way to tell if they are fake or not? I purchased a set of Crown Belgian Balls by Saluc... on the box is printed Standard in green with the Arimith logo and Saluc. It is a white box with green printing and a white plastic tray inside stamped also with the Aramith logo. Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>The two "fake" sets that I have do not have any indication of Saluc or Aramith on them anywhere.

Fred

BeanDiesel
11-07-2004, 04:21 PM
hmm, i bought my Super aramith pro from ebay. i wonder how to tell if it's fake.

Bob_Jewett
11-08-2004, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BeanDiesel:</font><hr> hmm, i bought my Super aramith pro from ebay. i wonder how to tell if it's fake. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know of any fake sets that actually say Aramith on the box, but I suspect there are retailers that keep Aramith boxes and put something else inside. The boxed fakes I've seen have a box style similar to the one used by Aramith ten years ago, with white circles on green. The new Aramith box says "Aramith" all over the box. The Aramith-like box that came with the fakes had a very small sticker that said "Made in China" that might fall off the box if you were careless.

The fake sets I've seen have whiter whites in the balls and the reds are slightly off. The fakes use the same font for the numbers as the Aramith Super Pro.