PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL

Bob
11-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Pheasant Run resort in St. Charles, IL has been the topic of many e-mails to me. I am presently discussing further participation with their resort and I need more info from you all regardless if it is bad or good either on this forum or VIA a private e-mail to me at windycityopen@aol.com

If you have stayed at the resort, please participate in this thread, I really need the feedback.

Thanks,

Eydie (and Bob)

Karatemom
11-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Hiya Eydie! I think holding the APA tournament in the ballroom and the main event in the convention center was a wonderful idea, but if there were APA players who participated in both, I bet it was a pain having to go back and forth.

I also think that the prices are a bit high, from the food in the hotel to the room itself. But I also know that St. Charles is a prominent area up there.

It is a long walk to the convention center. From the tower is bad enough, but I'd have done my exercise for the whole year walking from a garden room to the center, LOL.

Parking is horrible, nowhere near enough!

HTH! I think my gripes are common among most other players, too.

Heide

JimS
11-08-2004, 07:17 AM
I didn't stay there but as a spectator I was very happy with the arrangements. I didn't have a problem with the parking but I didn't have to try to park close to a room...just close to the main hall where there was a big parking lot.

Food and lodging anywhere around the city is very high priced when we're used to paying what we pay out here in corn country so the prices weren't that bad....imo. I wouldn't like it but I'd expect to pay close to $100 a night in any big city hotel or resort. McDonalds is right across the street and for a real treat the Portillo's Italian beef sandwich, just a block to the west, is fantastic.

I loved it and hope to play next year and should be able to because playing won't take much time out of my work schedule....can you say "two and out"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dooziexx
11-08-2004, 08:23 AM
As a player, I found the venue was excellent. I live only 30 minutes away from St. Charles so I cant comment on the room rates etc... But I would say that the room rates would be much higher since its in a Resort. As for food, one does not have to settle for 'Hotel Food' as there were plenty of restaurants about 2 blocks west of the resort. Personally I could eat at Portillos all weekend long but I would have to make a quick trip to the emergency room after that and it still would be worth it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Angel_R
11-08-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm with you dooziexx. I did not play this year, but live within 30 minutes. I went there for the vendors and a chance to see some pros. I'm planning on playing in the Windy City open next year and the midwest open as well. I like the location due to it's away from the hustle of the city and closer suburbs. St. Charle/Batavia/Geneva all have towns of restaurants and sights. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif