PDA

View Full Version : Move On Please

SecaucusFats
11-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Move On Please (http://www.moveonplease.org)

hondo
11-09-2004, 12:04 PM
I agree, oh wise fat one. Even those who think
GW is the anti- Christ should realize he IS our
President for four more years.

Keith Talent
11-10-2004, 10:01 PM
So nobody remembers those "Clinton is YOUR President" bumper stickers back in '93? Then the relentless sabotaging of his administration by the GOP and its surrogates with a string of phony scandals and investigations -- Travelgate, Whitewater, Vince Foster, Monica? Hell, Newt even tried to shut down the government when all else failed. Of course, they were loyal Americans, uniting behind their commander-in-chief, eh?

Be interesting to see whether the wimpy Dems have the stomach to do what they oughta do and fight, or whether they'll just lie back, figure it's inevitable, and enjoy watching the GOP set the clock back to sometime in the Hoover administration.
Partisan payback's a b%tch!

cheesemouse
11-11-2004, 04:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> So nobody remembers those "Clinton is YOUR President" bumper stickers back in '93? Then the relentless sabotaging of his administration by the GOP and its surrogates with a string of phony scandals and investigations -- Travelgate, Whitewater, Vince Foster, Monica? Hell, Newt even tried to shut down the government when all else failed. Of course, they were loyal Americans, uniting behind their commander-in-chief, eh?

Be interesting to see whether the wimpy Dems have the stomach to do what they oughta do and fight, or whether they'll just lie back, figure it's inevitable, and enjoy watching the GOP set the clock back to sometime in the Hoover administration.
Partisan payback's a b%tch! <hr /></blockquote>

Being the deep politcal thinker that I am...LOL...I think the short cut for the Demo's to regain their standing is to just give the Republican enough rope, given enough rope the zealot wing of the party will take care of all the doubts that remain in the voting publics minds...hell, we only have to wait two years untill the next presidental campains start up... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Good post friend. I think the Republican slander machine was vigorously activated when Richard Nixon was proven to be a crook and was impeached. No matter what they say, they can never overcome the fact that the only President kicked out of the White House in our lifetime was a republican, LOL.

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
11-11-2004, 07:43 AM
"the Republican enough rope, given enough rope the zealot wing of the party will take care of all the doubts that remain in the voting publics minds"

Tap Tap Tap. Only worry is whether we'll get so broken of a system that it won't be fixable. Otherwise, I have little doubts you've hit the nail on the head...sid

Deeman2
11-11-2004, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "the Republican enough rope, given enough rope the zealot wing of the party will take care of all the doubts that remain in the voting publics minds"

Tap Tap Tap. Only worry is whether we'll get so broken of a system that it won't be fixable. Otherwise, I have little doubts you've hit the nail on the head...sid <hr /></blockquote>

I was actually praying for gridlock, a Republican President (so we'd have an adult in charge) and a Democratic congress so no legislation would be passed over the next 4 years. So maybe I'm more Liberterian than Republican. There is no more effective government than when it grinds to a halt. The losers are now indicating they will play a little ball with GWB so maybe, in fact, all is lost. The Democrats are making long term plans to make their normal and predictable swing to the center for 2008. Smart but they just won't stick with it. Hotter heads will prevail.

Politics is forever doomed to the back alley brand of name calling and back stabbing that each party will claim was started by the other while neither has the political stupidity to be the first to rise above it.

Sore losers? I don't think so, just losers. If Bush accepts hummers under the desk, sells secrets to the Chinese, trashes the White House with lipstick and breaks 150 year old furnature on his way out, I'll bet we hear more than a polite, "It's o.k." from the left.

God does not like Bush more than Kerry. The voting American public does. For months we heard how badly hated he was and how millions of American voters would throw him off the train, the young would rise up through Rap singer's Youth Vote drives, clearly distorted movies like F 9/11 would show us the way, above the fray from a man who loves his country and would do anything to help it (Pay-per-View $9.99).....

The Zealots on the right will not get their way with GWB and more than the Zealots on the left would have with JFK.
Despite the books on the left and books on the right, history is written by the winners, not the losers. You hated RWR as badly as you hate Bush, I rememebr, others as well. Do you remember how badly FRD was thought of until WW II? Hey, the Germans never bombed us...Yet. we went to a very unpopular war while the left was saying, "Why should we involve ourselves in a war in Europe?"

Babble, yell and moan...we are all in this boat and most of us undereducated, non-intellectual worker bees just don't trust you with this future of America. Better luck next time. The rack has been run and the trophies have been handed out. We got the popular vote, the Electorial College. We lost the trial lawyers, the college professors, the movie stars and most of the people who never fell off a bar stool. We lost the French, Dutch and, perhaps even the English vote....

The election was clean as 10,000 lawyers were stationed, poised to file suits galore, across the map to assure it.

Does it make the decision right? Yes! That's why we don't call our electorial process Election by vote of the "thoses who think they should have won."

Be fair, be patient. You will have another chance to bash our next candidate in a few years. Now, take it like adults and try to help our president do the best he can for all of us. I promise he won't be burning black churches, drilling for oil in gradeschool playgrounds, maybe just not letting as much money flow into the Boston Money Pit for a while.

Deeman