hondo
11-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Average i.q of voters in states that went for Kerry- 104
States that went for Bush- 92. Doesn't shock me considering how RNP preyed
or should I say prAyed on the ignorance of the
American people.

highsea
11-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Ahh, yes. The "idiot" excuse. I've been waiting for this one. Lol, nice try. Let's look at some more statistics.

First off, one of Kerry’s largest voting blocs was folks in our nation who make $30,000 or less per year. To be more precise, the Senator received 15.68 million votes from this demographic, or 28% of his total. Now, without falling into the Left’s elitist trap, one would imagine that our lowest wage earners do not monopolize the intellect and enlightened thought in our country.

Taking this a step further, a higher percentage of high school dropouts voted for Kerry than Bush. Also, with the exception of post-graduate degrees, more high school and college graduates voted for Bush than Kerry. And, even in the most highly educated segment of our country – which only comprises 16% of the electorate, mind you – Kerry’s margin of victory was 55% to 44%. So 44% of those with post-graduate degrees voted for President Bush.

I just love these IQ comparisons.

eg8r
11-08-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't shock me considering how RNP preyed
or should I say prAyed on the ignorance of the
American people. <hr /></blockquote> What shocks me is that with all the intelligence of the left they were unable to figure this out first. Still to this day, the losing party tries to soften the blow by stating IQ numbers, which mean exactly nothing.

One would think, as Democratic as California is, the state would not be in the mess it finds itself (if we were to believe Dems were so smart). Surely if the party of "smarts" were in charge for so long would they not be able to fix their problems????? Nope, the party of smarts has completely screwed that state up. I just hope the Governator is able to at least right some of the wrongs that have plagued that Democratically run state.

eg8r

Chopstick
11-08-2004, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>

prAyed on the ignorance of the American people.

<hr /></blockquote>

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize leadership. Even a cave man can do that.

wolfdancer
11-08-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm not really a Nader fan, but his parting words ring true with me. I've never disliked a President more, nor been more afraid of a President's policies, than that of Mr. Bush.
It's odd, but the very things that the "radical" John Birch Society, were warning us about, and we laughingly dismissed, years ago, are coming to pass.
Even during George Sr.'s admin....there was "big oil" in Alaska, trying to discredit a "whistle-blower". they were even after the ranking member of the Energy commishion. Even though they were found guilty, nothing happened. And if you read a history of Harken Energy Corp....you might feel like vomitting, when GW espouses on corporate accountability. When I think about GW, the word megalomania comes to mind. But, whatta I know, I'm jes a Democrat.
Anyway, here's Nader's Faders:
Nader's last words

Ralph Nader as he ended his bid for the 04 Presidential sElection...

"Look at our media. Have we ever had more stations and cable channels? Have we ever had less opportunity to speak in other than sound bites heading for a decade of sound barks? Look at our sovereignty, the principal mode of representing people, our nation state being undermined by W.T.O. and NAFTA; autocratic systems of international governance whose architects were the multi-national corporations and their law firms. Look at the level of poverty in this country; 40% of all households are really in poverty. The official figure is ridiculous. The official figure says if you're family of four according to the Department of Labor and you make $19,000 a year gross, you're not poor. 40% of our nation's households live poor in the richest country of the world that has more billionaires than any other country, whose 1% of the richest people has financial wealth equivalent to the bottom 95%. When you go into low-income areas of our country such as here in Washington, D.C., there is no rule of law. There is only rapacity, predatory behavior, anarchy. People can't even cash their checks without paying 5% to the cashing-in stores. Predatory lending, landlord abuses, lesser municipal services in the poorer areas, crumbling housing, libraries that fall apart, consumer exploitation, dumping grounds for shoddy merchandise, including dirty meat and poultry. And most of those cities were run by Democrats and the Democratic party for years. After November 2, it's not the end. It's just the end of the beginning. We'll continue out of the box between now and inauguration, to push those liberal groups who were so reticent in advancing their life's work like the anti-war groups in the last year and others to come to grips with their own introspection needs and that is the moment they go for the least worst that will be their fate. There will always be a least worst between the Democrats and Republicans, every four years, every two years. And least worst means that you exert no pull on the least worst, and, therefore, your own influence and your own impact is self-limited. "
Of course we got the worst, worse

highsea
11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nader:</font><hr>When you go into low-income areas of our country such as here in Washington, D.C., there is no rule of law. There is only rapacity, predatory behavior, anarchy. People can't even cash their checks without paying 5% to the cashing-in stores. Predatory lending, landlord abuses, lesser municipal services in the poorer areas, crumbling housing, libraries that fall apart, consumer exploitation, dumping grounds for shoddy merchandise, including dirty meat and poultry. And most of those cities were run by Democrats and the Democratic party for years.<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>Can't argue this point, that's for sure.

I have never been a big Nader fan either. I thought Corvairs were pretty neat cars for their time.

As far as Alaska, I'm not sure what you are referring to, the Exxon Valdez?

Qtec
11-08-2004, 03:25 PM
I agree. IQ s are a waste of time.

"I HAVE SAID THAT THE SANCTION REGIME IS LIKE SWISS CHEESE - THAT MEANT THAT THEY WEREN'T VERY EFFECTIVE." -DURING A WHITE HOUSE PRESS CONFERENCE, FEB. 22, 2001

"THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS LEGACIES. AT LEAST, THERE IS A LEGACY, BUT I'LL NEVER SEE IT." -SPEAKING TO CATHOLIC LEADERS AT THE WHITE HOUSE, JAN. 31, 2001

"WE'RE CONCERNED ABOUT AIDS INSIDE OUR WHITE HOUSE - MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT." -FEB. 7, 2001

<font color="blue"> My favourite.</font color>

[ QUOTE ]
"THE CALIFORNIA CRUNCH REALLY IS THE RESULT OF NOT ENOUGH POWER-GENERATING PLANTS AND THEN NOT ENOUGH POWER TO POWER THE POWER OF GENERATING PLANTS." -JAN. 2001
<hr /></blockquote>
LOL
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Popcorn
11-08-2004, 03:39 PM
It says in your Bio your a teacher. What do you teach, just curious?

wolfdancer
11-08-2004, 03:53 PM
It's called Alyeska ....and according to the story on the Discovery, or History channel....they had removed safeguards, that would have lessened the impact of the Valdez crash.
And from my Google search...Hip Mama
Facts about the Exxon Valdez-
It's been renamed the Exxon Mediterranean
Exxon got its oil from the Alyeska pipeline. If you want to boycott that, you should see who all are in the Alyeska conglomerate.
Most of the Alaskan oil goes to Japan.
Alaska could supply 25% of the US needs for oil.
Nobody thought that the North Slope Oil Fields would last longer than 5 years (thanks, Greenpeace). Alyeska celebrated the 25th anniversary of the pipeline a few years ago, and they're still going strong.
The oil fields beneath ANWR are bigger, some argue twice as big as the North Slope Oil Fields.
ANWR is ten million acres big. Nobody wants to live there anyway. It's all tundra, where no trees grow, just scrub grass and ground cover, and permafrost, where the ground stays frozen year-round, under a small crust (maximum 24 inches)that thaws and freezes with the seasons.

Ross
11-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Hondo, how does anyone know the IQ of a state's population?

Anyway, there are millions of bright educated Republicans and millions of dumb uneducated Republicans. There are also millions of bright educated Democrats and millions of dumb uneducated Democrats. (Too bad the Republicans are the misguided ones, though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )

Party affiliation seems to be more driven by a persons natural temperment and the political views of their family, friends, and community than by intelligence.

Demographically, it is interesting that Republicans tend to be attract both affluent businessmen and rural bible thumpers. Strange partners to say the least.

highsea
11-08-2004, 09:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It's called Alyeska ....<hr /></blockquote>Ohhh, Alyeska! I'm not sure where to start. Wolf, I was born and raised in Alaska. 99% of what you just quoted is not accurate. I'm not sure what safeguards were removed, you would have to enlighten me on that one. I do know that Joeseph Hazelton was drunk and in his bunk when the mate ran the Valdez on the rocks. Maybe that's the safeguard you are talking about.

Alyeska is the name given to the North Slope Project. I will come back to this later, but I will just say this for now. ANWR reserves are not bigger than the North Slope reserves were. They are around 1/4. The North Slope Oil has been winding down from it's max levels for a long time (IIRC, at least 15 years) now. I am 44 years old, and when I was in Junior High School, the project was just getting underway.

If we were to start developing ANWR tomorrow, it would be almost 20 years before peak production would be reached.

Alaska cannot supply 25% of the US's oil needs, under any circumstances. But all Alaskans want to develop ANWR.

There are huge reserves of natural gas in both the North Slope and ANWR that are undeveloped. A new pipeline would be needed to get this to the market, and that is the current hitch.

Alaska has nothing to thank Greenpeace for.

Canada's Alberta Oil Sands have a proved reserves of 320 Bn. barrels (Saudi Arabia's reserves are 250 Bn. barrels, and that is questionable). Negotiations between the Canadian Athabaska tribes and the government are underway to exploit the resource. Existing pipelines between Canada and the US will facilitate the transport, but an additional pipeline will probably be needed to accomodate increasing demand. Google Syncrude Canada Ltd. and read their annual report if you don't believe me.

Now I have to go back to my pool game...I will post in more detail later.

wolfdancer
11-08-2004, 11:07 PM
I just quoted the article from the google search...I had forgotten the conglomerate name, and was looking it up...The whistle-blowing had nothing to do with the Valdez, it preceded it....actually the whole thing is off track from the original reference to our respective political views. I guess that I was trying to say the old man was "also" in bed with big oil...
I'd be interested in more info on Alaska, and it's oil fields
I understand the Corvair was a great car, once the "toe-out" was adjusted????

hondo
11-09-2004, 06:49 AM
Well, to be honest, I thought the statistics were a little
suspicious but I thought I would have some fun with

this.

hondo
11-09-2004, 06:55 AM
English and theater

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> It says in your Bio your a teacher. What do you teach, just curious? <hr /></blockquote>

SpiderMan
11-09-2004, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Hondo, how does anyone know the IQ of a state's population?
<hr /></blockquote>

I was wondering that myself. Hondo didn't provide any sort of reference/cite for his claim. It would be interesting to know the truth behind that old story about a guy moving from Texas to Oklahoma and raising the IQ of both states.

SpiderMan

Mr Ingrate
11-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Wasn't it from Texas to DC?

hondo
11-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Actually that was from West Virginia to Ohio.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Hondo, how does anyone know the IQ of a state's population?
<hr /></blockquote>

I was wondering that myself. Hondo didn't provide any sort of reference/cite for his claim. It would be interesting to know the truth behind that old story about a guy moving from Texas to Oklahoma and raising the IQ of both states.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

SpiderMan
11-09-2004, 01:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Wasn't it from Texas to DC? <hr /></blockquote>

That would work also.

SpiderMan