PDA

View Full Version : Fun Tournament Format

Mr Ingrate
11-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Those of you who attended the last two CCB tournaments at the US Open know about the Fun Tournament Format. It is basically a round robin format with new partner pairings for each round.

I'm considering adding a new feature to the software - an option to ensure that the really strong players don't draw each other as partners. Sort of a Pro/Am type of thing where a strong player is always partnered with a less strong player (how's that for PC).

In fact, the Fun Tournament Software could be used for a Pro/Am round robin where the amateur got to play with a different pro each round.

Again, this would just be an additional option and the software would still also operate as it does now.

Comments please.

Barbara
11-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Dave,

I like the format the way it is now. Since you get a new partner each round, so what if there's a strong/strong partner situation for one round.

Plus, the round-robin format ensues a more level playing ground.

Barbara

Mr Ingrate
11-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi Barbara,

I'm not suggesting that the round robin format change or that you don't get a new partner each round. This would just be an additional option to handle Pro/Am parings.

I didn't mean to give the impression it was for the annual CCB tournament.

Barbara
11-09-2004, 11:33 AM
I get it now! Duh! I'm getting a cold and my head is stuffed up.

Yeah, that would be a good thing to always match a "Pro" with an "Am". No Pro/Pro or Am/Am pairings.

Barbara

woody_968
11-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Like you said, as long as you leave it as an option to either run it the way it is now, or to have it keep the pros seperate, I think it would be a nice added feature.

Rich R.
11-09-2004, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Sort of a Pro/Am type of thing where a strong player is always partnered with a less strong player (how's that for PC).<hr /></blockquote>
For the CCB tournament, can I suggest a format where I always get paired with the stongest players in the field. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif We will just consider it a handicap for the strong players. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As far as a Pro-Am event, I think you have a great idea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif