PDA

View Full Version : Books ror 'bushites'?

silverbullet
11-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Non 'rushite' books,

'A matter of character' by Ronald Kessler (voted Gore in 2000)

'Underestimated' by Bill Sammon

These are probably more republican moderate type books, from what I read, having just received them, and not read them yet.

Still- McCain for 2008

sb

Deeman2
11-10-2004, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> Non 'rushite' books,

'A matter of character' by Ronald Kessler (voted Gore in 2000)

'Underestimated' by Bill Sammon

These are probably more republican moderate type books, from what I read, having just received them, and not read them yet.

Still- McCain for 2008

sb <hr /></blockquote>

Silverbullet,

I'll read these after I finish the one I'm currently reading. Ann Coulter's "How do you talk to a Liberal, if you must." I know it's a right wing blaze of course, but I had to read her after Qtec slammed her to me.

I must say it is strong, even for me, but find her fearless, thoughtful and on target in many areas. Her slant is certainly from the far right but she backs up her words, with factual information and quotes. I would certainly hate to have an opened ended debate with her if I was a Democrat. I don't mean the five minute segments where they cut her off when she tries to make her points. I can see where she is so hated by the left and revered on the right. People will have to comment on her looks or her brashness because most of us can't handle her in historical knowledge and detail. She makes Rush look mousey and Hannity look like a [censored] cat. Hey, she reminds us that we don't need to apologize for being attacked on 9/11, she lists the long wait for an American President who would really "not let this stand." She makes no assumptions that the Nascar fans are stupid and that Americans are too "uninformed" to make their own decisions! She is not nice! She is a b***h. She is loud and liberated and takes no crap from anyone. Is that not what NOW says a woman should be?

She understands, and tells why, the Arab Street does not care what we think or how we cosy up to them, they want us dead. They are not wanting to negoiate, to get warm and fuzzy, they want us dead, then they can go on.

I know many here will say she is insensitive and doesn't have a high enough cuddle factor but I like her grit and style. I don't agree with her every word but, after reading much from both sides, she hits a target with me that makes me proud to be an American that produces young women like her. Qtec may now say, "She's gonna be coming out of the closet soon." But can he argue with her words without personal attacks, I don't think so. Thanks, Q, for tuning me in to her work. If it was not for Q, her and Moore, I might have slipped over to the dark side.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

By the way, SB, I applaude your willingness to look at every side of an issue and read more than just the left or right views. More of us should do that.

Deeman

SpiderMan
11-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Dee,

Can you bring that book to PettyPoint? I'd like to look at it, maybe I can hide in the john with a flashlight for a few minutes.

SpiderMan

silverbullet
11-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I do not mind strong republican views as long as they can back up their beliefs without insults. I found that in the liberal books that I read, some useful information about their economic beliefs, but having to wade through so much 'bush hate' stuff to get to it. It has been only recently that i realized that on both sides, there were lies, twisted half- truths, words taken out of context, which is exactly what certain religions do with the Bible.

Then, thinking, a number of months ago, I needed to look at the other side, I went to Barnes and Noble, but could not find anything that was not bashing liberals. By the time I had gotten through the bush hate books (with the exception of woodward) I did not have the stomach for liberal hate books. Reading more hate stuff, only on the other side would have told me nothing.

I was looking for a book that just explained their political beliefs and it would have been fine if they explained what they liked about bush, also, but without all of the hate stuff.

Rush and his croonies are full of liberal hate stuff. My dad and I used to go to this cabin in the woods and he listened to rush, and rush really crossed the line when he said 'animals dont have rights', etc and other hate stuff, and I got that rigid, cold, non compassionate veiw. Very cold and judgmental, so cold, listening to his voice sent quivers up my spine. This was back in the 80's, when fallwell was building steam, so my dislike of 'rushites' goes back a long way.

If a writer or commentator cannot express what they believe without most of the content being 'hate' stuff, they, IMO, are twisted and have issues, like the fundamentals (contrasted to conservative christians) who hide their dysfuntions behind religion. All that about 'fundamentals' is another long topic except to say that I grew up southern baptist, and the fundamentals destroyed that which was a conservative christian organization, but one, which each church had some autonomy, each person was free to speak, even a sllightly liberal view, and professors at their seminaries did not get fired after being spied on like a 'nazii youth camp' for uttering anything, even moderate. And yes this happened twenty years ago.

So, I see in these hate books, much of the same thinking, but especially the likes of rush and fallwell, though the liberals may have some like minds, except without throwing religion into the politics. One dislike I shared with the liberals was the mixing of religion and politics. Other than that, I do not see much of a difference in terms of views of hate.

So, I look forward to reading the books, which seem to be more about bush and much less about 'hate'.

Laura

Deeman2
11-10-2004, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Dee,

Can you bring that book to PettyPoint? I'd like to look at it, maybe I can hide in the john with a flashlight for a few minutes.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Spiderman,

I'll be though it by then. I read while Tori rides her horse on weekends. I will wrap it in a plain brown wrapper that says, "Sex Related Material" so you won't be embarrassed to carry it back to Dallas.

Deeman