PDA

View Full Version : WPBA Nationals in OR

landshark77
11-10-2004, 07:16 AM
OK, tourney time again. I was hoping that any CCb'er with a contact in OR or who is in OR their self can post some updates here. The WPBA has proven themselves incompetent the last few tourneys, so I lack faith in them.

I know Carol will be a big topic, but I am also VERY interested in Sarah Rousey.

If anyone knows opponents, match times, score, what they had for breakfast, you know, ANYTHING, it would be fantastic if you could post it. Even if you are only getting text messages from your boss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanx.

DennyS
11-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Would be nice to hear some news from the tourney. Even better if they would have someone interact through the chat room at insidepool. Just think of having a different pro every hour to chat and discuss what is happening at the event.

landshark77
11-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Well, we got brackets up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hopefully they will keep them updated. FYI. Carol drew Melissa Herndon to start.
Does anyone know anything else??

BTW, Posted Sarah Rousey's starting match this morning in her thread on AZ.

pooltchr
11-12-2004, 06:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Even if you are only getting text messages from your boss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanx. <hr /></blockquote>

Text message from my boss....Kelly won her first two matches, and Val won her first...didn't have results from the second yet. I will ask him to try and get wome other results, but since Fury sponsors those two, that's the reports he gets from them if they are pressed for time.
Steve

Nostroke
11-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Val lost her 2nd to Monica Webb on the hill-Sarah R lost 9-7 or so to Jennifer Chen. Ga Young and Hsin lost their 2nd matches. Angel lost to Kim Shaw 9-7 Jeanette sqeaked by M Hartsell 9-7. Ewa beat Helena in her 2nd, her best win in a while i think. Liz S beat Dawn and then lost a close one to Gerda. J Seaver lost her first.

That's all this old codger can remember at the moment.

landshark77
11-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanx guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Pooltchr, what was the outcome of the Tiffany Nelson v. Kelly Fisher match??

cuechick
11-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Kelly won.

CarolNYC
11-15-2004, 03:28 AM
Hey there Landshark,
I went two and out-Melissa and Jeanne played JAM UP-and I mean JAM up-there was no room for errors-so, I feel anyother player who received a 1,2,3 score lost, may have made some errors and their opponents were playing just so good! It was an awesome tournament, the weather was beautiful and Chinook Winds is just a great place-I love Oregin (I was told thats how its pronounced, not like I say it ,which is "Oregone"ha ha ha-they're not "gone" ha ha
There was an APA tournament going on in the next arena, well, a few of us were asked to challenge some of the players-the challengers paid monies to play us, which went to help the APA-the list was pages and pages of players--now, I dont know too much about APA, but I think a "9" is good, so when Merle told me someone was a "9", what I did was,after the break,told him to call out the whole table sequence immediately,no matter where the cueball ended, he had to make the ball in the pocket he called it in-you wanna talk about fun-we laughed so hard, I think all of us now have six-pack stomachs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
It was great time-really great1
Congratulations to Karen Corr, and once again to Kelly Fisher for making it to the t.v. rounds!
Carol~has to back on EST time!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

landshark77
11-15-2004, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
There was an APA tournament going on in the next arena, well, a few of us were asked to challenge some of the players-the challengers paid monies to play us, which went to help the APA-the list was pages and pages of players--now, I dont know too much about APA, but I think a "9" is good, so when Merle told me someone was a "9", what I did was,after the break,told him to call out the whole table sequence immediately,no matter where the cueball ended, he had to make the ball in the pocket he called it in-you wanna talk about fun-we laughed so hard, I think all of us now have six-pack stomachs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
It was great time-really great1
<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO Carol. It sounds like you took a spot against those SL 9 APA players!!! For shame! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I play APA 8 ball and the highest SL is a 7. In 9 ball I think the highest skill level is 9. Were you all playing 9 ball for the challenges? That is one heck of a demand to call the whole table after the break! Talk about perfect position! Sounds like fun though and a good way to relax after/during a tourney.