PDA

View Full Version : need help with Eva's pool terminology

thepoolnerd
11-10-2004, 05:30 PM
In a match between an Asian girl and Karen Corr this week, I was confused by Eva's comment that she directed towards the cueball as it rolled towards the side pocket. She said "Don't hit the titty". I rewinded it a few times just to verify. I'm am aware of the non-pool related meaning of the word, but I'm certain that you can't say it on television. I know that she may be from Europe but I'm not sure from where, maybe Sweeden. Is "titty" a Sweedish word that has some pool connotation? Thanks.

highsea
11-10-2004, 05:36 PM
I think she's just referring to the "points" on the side pocket. It's a pretty commonly used slang, but you wouldn't expect it on TV. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dg-in-centralpa
11-10-2004, 05:59 PM
I agree Highsea, that is how I would interpret her words.

DG - we say the same thing in our league

Chris Cass
11-10-2004, 10:34 PM
It's the word I've used and heard for 30 yrs till they started televising these events. It refers to the points on the facings of the side pockets. Plain and simple, Ewa' a shooter and shooters talk like shooters. Nothing bad or degrading and so what if some have to be PC.

JMHO,

C.C.~~an Ewa fan since 1991.

Rod
11-11-2004, 01:44 AM
Ewa should not have used the term on national TV, but she did. It's a common term with all pool players. No dis-respect meant I'm sure. I mean she is a girl last time I looked. No need to carry on, she just used it.

Rod

Run100
11-11-2004, 05:21 AM

Gayle in MD
11-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Whatever, she is my favorite comentator. She does a great job explaining the shots, and pointing out what went wrong when they miss. Guess she forgot for the moment that she was on TV.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SteveEllis
11-11-2004, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ... Guess she forgot for the moment that she was on TV.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

... or she was talking to Mitch about something he was doing off camera. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
11-11-2004, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> Maybe Mitch "I married a professional pool player" Laurance can offer his opinion. Are you out there Mitch? Maybe in the future, they should be referred to as breasts. "Don't hit the breast". Yeah, that sounds better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Geez run,

Gotta give Mitch a break. He's learning and I even heard him say, "She came with a shot". lol That's Ewa' term. lol She was also a Playboy Bunny too yrs ago. Wonderful woman and sweet as the day is long. He's an actor and doesn't claim he's anything different. Not like he's making millions doing this. He might just do it for the joy of being able to work with her. I think they make a fine couple and two people with the same points of view doesn't make things all that interesting. You do have to laugh at some of the things he says. I know I do. lol

The thing that kills me is that the terms used in pool are just that. I can't se where all these people have to put gutter into it? Heck, we've had a president having sex with cigars in the White house. I think the country has their prioritys mixed up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Eric.
11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
C'mon, of all the things to nitpick about.

In the 21st century, titty or tit is not a bad word. I ain't no Websters dictionary, but I think the word ariginated from Teat, as in the TEATS on a cow. Would it be more Pol. correct if she said 'teats'. For the matter, 'ass' used to be a no-no, but now you hear it everywhere.

sh!t, d@mn, fu&lt;k,...

Eric &gt;having a Tourettes moment

pooltchr
11-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Common terms in pool seem to naturally have the potential to be taken the wrong way.
Nice Rack!
How often to you polish your shaft?
Do they ever wash their balls in this place?
Try to grip your butt right about here.
You sure got a good screw that time! (English term for draw)

I don't think the world is going to come to an end because Ewa said titty on television.

Gayle in MD
11-12-2004, 06:29 AM
LOL, Hey Cris, should a gentleman offer a lady a Tiperillo?
Clinton gave this a whole new meaning, sorry, couldn't resist,LOL.
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alex_Delodge
11-12-2004, 05:52 PM
This is silly.

The titty is the titty. It's normal terminology. If we cant say titty, then I refuse to say shuttlecock in badminton (not that I've ever played badminton).