PDA

View Full Version : shaft situation

oregon
11-10-2004, 06:37 PM
bought a lucasi sneaky pete 1.5 yrs ago and it has developed two half inch hairline fractures from directly below the ferrule on almost opposite sides. cause? severity? fix? compensation?? By the way cue is in excellent condition / never dropped.

Chris Cass
11-10-2004, 10:29 PM
I hate to say this but their shafts suck. I wouldn't bother trying to get another from them. It'll only be just as sucky. I do like the inlay work for the price but I have to warn you. If you have a linen wrap? The glue used never sets up. Terrible stuff, like spray glue for the tables. That can be taken care of easily with a good cue guy when you change it after it wears or as my wifes, a thread pops up.

Anyway, why not by a 314? Maybe Blackheart can hook you up with a replacement? Anyone might that does good shaft work. The problem with that is that many don't like doing shafts. Your call.

C.C.

BLACKHEART
11-11-2004, 07:39 AM
My guess is you let the tip get too short & the shaft cracked when you were breaking. OR you are the kind of player that LEANS on the cue at the end of the stroke when breaking. This is common to all shafts. It's the shooter NOT the wood...JER

BLACKHEART
11-11-2004, 07:50 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifSorry,I forgot to mention the cure. The cracked ferrule shouldn't effect the playability of the shaft. BREAKING with it, will only make the shaft split further. The only repairs that can be done, is to put a longer ferrule on it. The longer ferrule will then hold both pieces together & help to prevent further splitting. The other options are to buy a new shaft OR cut the shaft off, just bellow the crack & put on a new ferrule. This will shorten the shaft by about an inch...JER