PDA

View Full Version : Table spots

woody
11-10-2004, 07:48 PM
My table has just been re-felted. There are no diamonds in the middle of any of the rails, (an older bar table). I could measure all over the table and get the general locations. If possible I don't want to do this since I have always been taught the diamonds are for reference only. Does anyone know if there is a proper way to find where spots go without using the diamonds?

Popcorn
11-10-2004, 08:11 PM
What size is the table? On a 4 1/2 x 9 the spot is 25 inches from the point of each rail. If the formula is the same it would be centered from the side rails and an equal distance from the bottom rail.

Troy
11-10-2004, 08:42 PM
1/4 of the distance from the foot rail, dead center.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody:</font><hr> My table has just been re-felted. There are no diamonds in the middle of any of the rails, (an older bar table). I could measure all over the table and get the general locations. If possible I don't want to do this since I have always been taught the diamonds are for reference only. Does anyone know if there is a proper way to find where spots go without using the diamonds? <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
11-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi Woody,

Most billiard rule books have them listed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~listen to Popcorn or Troy. they know.