PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

SecaucusFats
11-11-2004, 10:13 AM
No matter what branch of service, regardless of what era of service, regardless of speciality, regardless of rank or tour of duty...

From the very bottom of my heart, and on behalf of my loved ones and I, and the freedom we enjoy in this blessed nation...

I want to thank every veteran serving today, yesterday and those who will serve in the future. Your sacrifice, your service, your commitment and hard work has not gone unnoticed, unappreciated and has NEVER been in vain.

God bless you each, and all of your loved ones...and God rest the souls of those who gave all.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

John F. Kennedy - 1961

SF

Wally_in_Cincy
11-11-2004, 10:23 AM
ditto that Fat Man

what I find strange is that in the last few years people (mostly the media) have gotten Veterans Day confused with Memorial Day.

Many times I have heard a reporter say "this is the day we honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice". Well, it is that, but it's also for ALL the veterans.

anyway, I think all veterans should get Veterans Day off paid /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif we need to pass a law.

Deeman2
11-11-2004, 10:46 AM
God bless the loved ones of those who serve and may they come home safely, to a hero's welcome. A special thanks to those who served in Vietnam and have waited too many years for recognition of the sacrifices they made.

Thank God we still have brave men and women who continue to do their job, popular or not. Those of us who can argue and debate here do so at your hard won honor. We stand on your shoulders.

Thank God for the ones to come in the future who will preserve this Union.

Left or Right, we are the most blessed people on earth.

Dee Sands

dg-in-centralpa
11-11-2004, 02:07 PM
TAP TAP TAP!! I, too, thank all veterans.

DG