PDA

View Full Version : Table Mechanic Cost

RichardCranium
11-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Just curious...How much do you all think it should cost to have new k-55 cushions (true speed or super speed Brunswick) , new Simonis 860 cloth (GREEN) and check and re-level the slate if necessary...

This would be for a Gold Crown II

Materieals ???? (cushions & cloth)
Labor????? (installation)

Greg in VA
11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
I would guess around $800. I have priced what you describe for my G.C. III and that is the quote I recieved. That is from a VERY reputable Brunswick dealer in Richmond.

Rangercap
11-12-2004, 09:17 AM
I had a 9' table moved, leveled, and existing felt reinstalled for $250. A friend of mine has her 1927 Brunswick (i forget which model) set up, but not leveled. The same guy who moved mine, wants $350 (yes, $350) to go to her place and level her table. The guy who moved mine wanted $525, to move, and install new simonis 860, but no rubber.

I actually replaced my cushions yesterday. It took me the better part of a day, but I got them from bestbilliard.com, and they provide directions from the internet. The cushions came out surprisingly good. They guy (i forget his name) that if you are good with tools, you can do it yourself. It actually was pretty simple. I also am finishing putting on the 860 i ordered from him. Saved myself well over a few hundred bucks.

I was kind of reluctant to install $160 worth of new fabric, but as the bestbilliard guy said, it only staples, and you can always pull them out and start over again. BUT, if your table doesn't have wood subsupports under the slate, and you have to glue fabric on, I would edge on the professional installation side.

bb

pooldaddy9
11-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Just had my table done. 8'Gandy Sportsman. 550.00