PDA

View Full Version : am i really mark tadd?

marktadd
11-11-2004, 08:25 PM
that is the question:):(

landshark77
11-11-2004, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marktadd:</font><hr> that is the question:):( <hr /></blockquote>

ummm...can you produce some identification or something?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Christy9
11-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah. Do we trust this guy Landshark????? lol/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

christyd

landshark77
11-11-2004, 09:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Christy9:</font><hr> Yeah. Do we trust this guy Landshark????? lol/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

christyd <hr /></blockquote>

Well trust is a big word...I wouldn't lend him money or anything (no offense Mark...it's I just don't know ya. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif )
But I don't care if he is Elvis...as long as he is fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't see why anyone would lie...huh, maybe I do trust him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cueball1950
11-11-2004, 09:15 PM
well you might be. then again you could be fast larry in disguise. If not then you must know mark cuz you simply know to much about his life. Ie: marriage/divorce..playing poker now. if you are i just might have a line on a backer/sponsor....maybe.................mike

wolfdancer
11-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Is this an existentialist query?
or a Zen Koan?
In the words of the "great white hope" M&amp;M (odd name fer a rapper though)...."You am what you say you am"

Popcorn
11-11-2004, 11:02 PM
I happened to notice the name and asked, but it really doesn't matter as long as you have something to offer, and participate. There are a lot of subjects to comment on.

jungledude51
11-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I can tell you for sure if you're the real Mark Tadd ? I owned the largest pool room in Louisiana and Mark Tadd got one of my cocktail waitresses pregnant, if you are real, tell me this young lady's first name..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

marktadd
11-12-2004, 04:00 AM
i may be and if i am im not interested in a backer just a sponser. if i have to split everythink i would just wrather put myself in cause i think the worst i will do in the long run is break even mabye buy food lunch and mabey a movie every now and then but i think i will have fun. and if i get playing i may get lucky and be able to make my care payment and pay my rent:)

marktadd
11-12-2004, 04:03 AM
engish only please i only made it to the 11th grade

marktadd
11-12-2004, 04:09 AM
i think i answered that at az. you seem to bring that up alot. was she your potential girlfriend. just wondering. cause to me thats like saying, remember when you were dead broke and you were sleeping on the streets with the same clothes on for 3 months and i kinda helped you out. though it ma be true it does not mean it should be shouted from the rooftop . her name was cindy right?

Vagabond
11-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Hey Mark/Imposter,
PM me the name of the girl that worked at the cask register in the pool hall in Saltlakecity when u were 18 year old and also name the female pool player( a semi Pro) u dated in 1994.Do not mention the names on this board.Then I will confirm whether u are for real or not.Cheers
Vagabond

Popcorn
11-12-2004, 07:40 AM
What is in it for the sponsor?

marktadd
11-12-2004, 07:57 AM
dont know but i know people are getting sponsered.
so what ever their getting they get the same me.
i played with no sponser for years if i cant get one
then i dont i will manage as i always have:) i know it depends on who the sponser is. i may have to prove myself first
and if thats the case then so be it if i decide to play more than part time.

SPetty
11-12-2004, 08:03 AM
Would someone please tell me a little something about Mark Tadd? I'm relatively new to this game/sport, and don't know a lot of the history. I don't recall hearing the name Mark Tadd before now...

(and would someone please fix his capital letter keys on his computer? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

marktadd
11-12-2004, 08:15 AM
good one thats funny. im not a very good typer. im a hunt and peck typer and all those caps, punctuations just slow me down.
nice to meet you though.

SpiderMan
11-12-2004, 08:34 AM
You can use any name you like, just don't be "Fast Larry".

SpiderMan

Popcorn
11-12-2004, 08:41 AM
I am at a little bit of a loss here. You want a sponsor, but have nothing to offer except a guarantee he will lose money because you don't want to split anything with him, He just gets the pleasure of paying your bills? A sponsorship is a business agreement and each person has to bring something to the table. As your value goes up, if it does, your benefits will as well. In the beginning though I would not expect to do much better the break even. At this point you have little to offer a sponsor except maybe a tax write off.

Barbara
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Would someone please tell me a little something about Mark Tadd? I'm relatively new to this game/sport, and don't know a lot of the history. I don't recall hearing the name Mark Tadd before now...

(and would someone please fix his capital letter keys on his computer? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
<hr /></blockquote>

Ditto!

Barbara

marktadd
11-12-2004, 11:02 AM
well i know that in 96 i was in reno playing in the last major. when a guy aproached me and asked to put me in tourneys. i said if i did im not looking to split . i would think about it if he or they would pay everythink and not split the money he talked to another guy and they said we can do that. i said ok i will think about it and got his number.
i dont know what he was getting out of it and didnt ask. but i went back to slc and decided to go get my ged and go to collage for something. met my wife a little later and the rest was history .she didnt want me to travel to play pool so i said ok sacrificed pool got a job and that was that. .... now you guys seem to think im asking for a hand out. lol doesnt matter to me if it happens or if it dont. those olf you that know me know that i always bet my own when i gambled. and bet 5000 plus even if it was my own money . ive won hundreds of thousands playing poker and lost hundreds of thousands. so the money is not the issue my friends:) if i could get a sponser i wont turn it down if not i will pay myself as i always have. i love the compotion and the game and probaly always will. i never worried about the money when i played for cash even when i would play for 2500 a game or more. its the compotition i loved. ofcourse when i had little money it meant something but when i had a lot if i lost 10000 sure i wouldnt feel good but i didnt worry either. ive played many top players when i had not played for 6 months or more. but i played anyway with 2 days practice mabey a week mabey a day . and not for small change either. 10000 sets 5000 , 3000 sometimes losing 20000.
but i rarely if at all askes top players for weight . usualy gave it just to try to outrun it. the sponsers im talking about are the ones earl or johnny or others have and i would be doing them a service. i know that i would have to prove it by winning tournys and if i decide to play in big tournys mabey i will prove mabey i wont but time will tell. i dont want a sponser who cant afford to do it thats not good for him. and i dont want to go in halfs cause i know for sure i can make a phone call to people in my home town that would cover everything and would take have i risk nothing. and would give 75%. so moneys not the issue . or just put myself in for 50% more and win both halfs then if i lose i wont have to worry about someone getting mad cause i lost there half. i feel that if i get playing that i will get in the money most of the time.
the have a free shot to win or place high.
just thought id clear that up so someone doesnt gets the wrong idea about me and trying to get something for nothing. good day gentlemen

marktadd
11-12-2004, 11:07 AM
is the DITTO in reference to the caps also...lol

Popcorn
11-12-2004, 11:23 AM
I have to say this and I know this is a real no, no and I already know someone is going to jump on me for it. You have around 89 errors in this one post. You need to use a word program to compose your posts. We all make mistakes but this is a bit much.

PQQLK9
11-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Quote &gt;
" but i went back to slc and decided to go get my ged and go to collage for something"

Did you play pool in collage?

marktadd
11-12-2004, 12:04 PM
ok ive explained myself already and am not going to apologize for my poor typing. this is a pool forum not an english test. if you played me pool i would show you more than 89 errors:)

marktadd
11-12-2004, 12:07 PM
i didnt get started cause i met my wife and we got married and needed income . she had a six year old daughter at the time so work was a must.

marktadd
11-12-2004, 12:13 PM
its not that i dont know where puctuations go or periods or caps
for instant i know it's and don't should be that way. i dont type fast and i think the people on here understand president or President
mean the same thing at least i hope so . well good luck with your
english professor position pooh /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

marktadd
11-12-2004, 12:20 PM
well one thing is for sure youre not going to tell me anything new in this PROFESSION english a different story but be careful what you condemn cause someone may correct your grammer soon:)

Fred Agnir
11-12-2004, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Would someone please tell me a little something about Mark Tadd? I'm relatively new to this game/sport, and don't know a lot of the history. I don't recall hearing the name Mark Tadd before now...

<hr /></blockquote>

Ditto!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>All of this is unfounded rumor milling/mongering but...

Mark Tadd was a premier player in the mid 90's. He was at the time probably the best African-American player in our sport. Rumor has it that his name "Tadd" is shortened from whatever it really is.

He won the L.A. Open in ... '92? I believe he won two of the disciplines. I can't remember if it was banks or one-pocket in addition to 9-ball. I also can't remember if there were more than two disciplines.

He seemingly disappeared from the pool scene in what could be considered his prime.

He's right-handed, dresses well, and has green eyes.

Am I close, Mark?

Fred &lt;~~~ okay, maybe not.

marktadd
11-12-2004, 12:24 PM
im no english major but shouldnt no,no ...... be no no and mabey a comma mabey a period. hmmm just wondering just though id help you out since you went out of your way to help me ....:):):)

trailboss
11-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi Everyone..This guy cannot seem to recall any facts from the people in the know! I think he is ok but, not whom he says he is! If I am wrong please accept my apology. Someting here isn't adding up.

marktadd
11-12-2004, 12:45 PM
somethings not adding up? and that would be...............

Popcorn
11-12-2004, 12:52 PM
It just shows a little more respect to the one who wishes to read it. It also reflects in a small way on yourself. I by the way write in my word program most of the time. I spell much better now as well, simply because if you don't know you are making the mistake you can't correct it. I now rarely have spelling mistakes and often surprise myself. It's a way of improving yourself.

marktadd
11-12-2004, 12:52 PM
pretty close my ethnicity is father black mother american indian
but unless i told you i was half black you might think im hispanic or hawiian or something. or know im mixed. L.A. open 93
first in 9ball ,first in banks, second in onepocket . dark hair , dark eyes but green would be awesome mabey i will get contacts hmmm
last name tademy anything else folks:)

Fred Agnir
11-12-2004, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marktadd:</font><hr> pretty close my ethnicity is father black mother american indian
but unless i told you i was half black you might think im hispanic or hawiian or something. or know im mixed. L.A. open 93
first in 9ball ,first in banks, second in onepocket . dark hair , dark eyes but green would be awesome mabey i will get contacts hmmm
last name tademy anything else folks:) <hr /></blockquote>Now I'm 100% you are Mark Tadd.

Fred

marktadd
11-12-2004, 01:02 PM
shhhhhhhhhh lets keep it a secret ok?

trailboss
11-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok.. That cinch's it you are the real Mark Tadd, welcome aboard! I know and trust Fred a lot even though I don't agree with everything he says. If Fred says you are the real deal then I say Great! Welcome Mark!